Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$1,000+ Keaton. But then you're done...

...until InArt/JND
What are your plans here?
Just sticking it out with the DX09?

I don’t know if I’m willing to put that
much work in or not yet.

I don’t see InArt getting Nicholson’s likeness rights or caring about Keaton enough on his own.

What are your plans here?
Just sticking it out with the DX09?

I don’t know if I’m willing to put that
much work in or not yet.

Yeah, I'm OK with the DX09 for now. I prefer the villains anyway. More color.

I can wait to see if InArt or JND give this a go. Seems like an onslaught of WB love right now. Maybe low sales will kill it. Then, we do have 3rd party.

I could see JND putting one up eventually, theirs would have the accurate suit I’m sure.

InArt I believe would focus on announcing their Bale & Affleck way before anything from Batman Begins and back. They’re also in China where this film isn’t regarded.

Watched Justin's review...it's just so disappointed. The face is everything for Hot Toys and this is a mess.

I do LIKE the new body...but the texture is bad....I like the back of the head more on the new one, but thats it at this point.

Just darn it. I want things to be good...but this was not.

Just for the clarity of it... 1989 Bat Belts

View attachment 719907
The one on the left looks like the NECA figure :LOL:

When I was young, I always thought the belt was gold. Interesting with all this conversation about the two different ones. I never actually knew about there being two versions until now.
I always assumed the belt was the same colour yellow as the symbol lol shows I don't pay enough attention. :lol
Sometimes it's better that way. Paying too much attention to Vader and Superman costumes has ruined me
This is certainly not helping me cancel.

View attachment 719929
Agreed. When I saw them side-by-side in Justin's review, it did make me second guess my decision. Though, I'm pretty sure I'll still cancel. Will either wait on JND 1/3 or get the Prime1 1/3

Last edited:
Again, I think that's the "yellow belt" -- which is darker than the emblem, always is in 89.

The "gold belt" I'm talking about at the end is clearly gold. Like the picture you posted of the prop suit. The reason for the switch has never been explained.

This is all I could find quickly of the "gold belt"...

View attachment 719909
View attachment 719910View attachment 719911
This would explain the color of the belt on the Prime 1 Studios 1989 1/3 Batman statue.............:)

Just watched this. Arms are gonna end up just like the DX09 lmao every step forward with this release seems to also be 5 backwards
Yep. Already had so many things going against it that the fact it doesn’t solve the main issue with the DX-09 (no ratchets in the arms) is the nail in the coffin. Too bad because the diorama is amazing. Still a good pickup for anyone who doesn’t own a DX-09 and wants an ‘89 Batman in the collection, of course.

So, anyone have an ‘89 Batman Jaxon drape cape I can buy? 🤣

For anyone curious on unrealtoys:

"Hello. Thank you for your interest. Custom Batman 1989 head (PAINTED) is 310 usd. Eyes are articulated. The head will take around 3 months to make. EMS shipping is around 35-45 usd depending where you live. Paypal fee 5%. If you order this month, bonus angry mouth plate will be included. At the moment it is for DX9. For Batman 1989 version 2.0 (2024), it is also being made."

"For mouth plates only, I might not do it.
The shape of the cowl is different."

How much will that unreal sculpt sell for? It does look really good. I don't get why they don't just do face plates for those who don't need the whole thing
I guess it would greatly reduce demand for his full cowl if he offers a much cheaper option of face plates only.

Sucks for us but can understand from his POV.

As good as it looks I can't justify $310 for just a cowl. Will stick with the stock cowl and battle damaged mouth until either someone does make better mouth plates or InArt do an 89 figure.

Ended up canceling my Deluxe at SS. I just can’t do it, was paid off awaiting shipping.

IMG_3600.jpeg

This comparison drove it home that neither are good enough and a mix of the two + a custom sculpt is at the point of diminishing returns. I’ll either hold out for Returns 2.0, see if the 1989 suit gets improved upon by anyone anytime soon in 1:6, both, or just be content with the custom Nicholson Joker and JazzInc Batmobile. It does put a damper on wanting to throw much money at the JazzInc Catwoman though.

I guess it would greatly reduce demand for his full cowl if he offers a much cheaper option of face plates only.

Sucks for us but can understand from his POV.

As good as it looks I can't justify $310 for just a cowl. Will stick with the stock cowl and battle damaged mouth until either someone does make better mouth plates or InArt do an 89 figure.
Yeah, I get it. Might be better to just find an 09 if you're desperate for a better sculpt. No idea how those are holding up after all these years, though

All the **** HT get for re-issuing old figures and ironically this time trying something new comes back to bite them.

A straight up re-issue with the new cape, diorama base, up to date paint apps and eyes would have probably been a winner.

Makes you wonder what would happen if they do a Reeve 2.0. No doubt there would be improvements overall but could they capture the likeness as well as they did on the original figure?

I find it annoying they won’t go back and fix this.. right now.. not with a subsequential release in two years. That’s my main reason for canceling.

Why am I gonna hold onto your inaccurate figure until you figure it all out? I guarantee you I did more research today on this suit and this film than their entire team did the two years we were led up to the release of this figure.

There’s not a single reference photo depicting that this suit texture is the right call. Does Sideshow not offer HT feedback on the product they receive from them?
I truly don’t understand, you know capes aren’t your strong suit, so when making a figure largely covered by said big unattractive cape, wouldn’t you want to make sure the underlying suit is accurate as possible and the likeness is unmistakable?

With the reported low batch numbers yet SS waitlisted, it seems like no issue at all to go back and fix this release. The demand for it was there to be waitlisted, now I feel it will go on to join Kilmer & Begins.

the suit texture and bodybuilder physique are killing this release for me. in terms of body shape, even DX09 was slightly idealised but with this I feel like Sylvester Stallone is beneath the suit. only reason I haven't canceled yet is that I don't wanna lose my nrd but I'll never pre-order anything HT related again

I find it annoying they won’t go back and fix this.. right now.. not with a subsequential release in two years. That’s my main reason for canceling.

Why am I gonna hold onto your inaccurate figure until you figure it all out? I guarantee you I did more research today on this suit and this film than their entire team did the two years we were led up to the release of this figure.

There’s not a single reference photo depicting that this suit texture is the right call. Does Sideshow not offer HT feedback on the product they receive from them?
I truly don’t understand, you know capes aren’t your strong suit, so when making a figure largely covered by said big unattractive cape, wouldn’t you want to make sure the underlying suit is accurate as possible and the likeness is unmistakable?

With the reported low batch numbers yet SS waitlisted, it seems like no issue at all to go back and fix this release. The demand for it was there to be waitlisted, now I feel it will go on to join Kilmer & Begins.
HT strategy: dont bother with quality or accuracy, just put a 89 or whatever other batman logo on it and those morons will buy it anyway and we have excuse to make another even more meticulously designed batman with even more unparalleled accuracy (= we fix one issue and make another two) 😂

Back