Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The proportions are better if you look at the side profile
Not to Keaton though, he was thin enough that the suit looked like real muscle.

IMG_3573.jpeg

IMG_3654.jpeg

IMG_3653.jpeg

IMG_3650.jpeg

It's called collector FREAKS isn't it?

Have to say, I never liked Dave's choice of naming the new forum :lol. "Sideshow Freaks" denoted the forum's affiliation with SSC, but it was also a clever reference to the "freak shows" or "sideshow acts" of the past. The name was also an on-the-nose joke about this hobby in particular, that would render collectors as social outcasts, just as the "human freaks". That also serves as a humbling correlation, that we should perhaps be more mindful of each other on the board considering the general stigma associated with collecting.

"Collector Freaks" just never had the same ring to it. Pretty boring, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Such a drastic change to practically everything that was advertised from preorder photos to delivery. I don’t see how people would just forget this and continue to pay top dollar. TBA has this for $600 USD, no way. I hope JazzInc nails this suit.

View attachment 720251
View attachment 720252

Have you seen the headsculpt for the seated Batman? That thing is complete trash.

Have you seen the headsculpt for the seated Batman? That thing is complete trash.
All of them don’t resemble Keaton. I made it clear about my feelings towards the likeness on that the day I saw it. This new 2.0 HT is not worth the little bit of juice I’d get out of it.

I can’t get past the textured suit no matter how hard I try. Battle damage isn’t incorporated throughout and it wouldn’t even show up competing with that texture.

The neutral faceplate is a dud, eyes aren’t squinted enough, they’re wide open. They were much closer with the prototype eyes and faceplate.

Joost will make the suit accurate to the film and that alone is worth the purchase. There’s a reason the entire seated figure is sculpted therefore not accurate. I don’t have any blind faith that he’ll nail Keaton, but nail the suit? He’s got that.

Ok, but I'd suggest only keeping your order if you actually like the base that much yourself, and not because you are speculating that it might go up in value. One of the biggest newbie mistakes I made when I first started collecting was listening to other collectors claiming that people should keep their orders bc the value of product X would go up anyway, which ofc never actually happened.
Oh for sure, I never buy figures with the aim to sell them - I just want the diorama enough that I am willing to buy the whole set.
Ideally HT would sell the dioramas separately.

Officially cancelled mine, I ain't supporting this. From solid proto to massive down grade. It's a shame it's now too late for them to fix it.
I had mine cancelled as well, then I heard Joost will make the suit properly next year if we all support it. I wanted to leave it cancelled because I’m furious at the total lack of effort on display with this release, on the other hand, I’ll likely need this for parts to upgrade whatever JazzInc doesn’t.

I need an ultimate Keaton by the end of all of this, so I very reluctantly had SS reinstate it. Had it not already been fully paid off, don’t think I’d pay it after seeing it.

I love when collectors use their wallet.

For those who have (or had) the DX-09 I can understand your disappointment & decision to cancel this as the suit texture is a real misfire. That said, as I (a) don't have a Keaton Batman, (b) want to display this with my Jazzinc 89 Batmobile and (c) got the deluxe for $320 shipped, I'll likely keep my order.

I would get this if I didn't have the DX09. I was thinking about picking it up before release, just didn't want to PO.

Hell, I still have my Sovereign Batman from 2004, somewhere.

I would get this if I didn't have the DX09. I was thinking about picking it up before release, just didn't want to PO.

Hell, I still have my Sovereign Batman from 2004, somewhere.
If they give us a 2.0 version of the Batman Returns suit before this ships then I'll reconsider canceling. That would also go with the Jazzinc Batmobile as well as their Catwoman and my Eternal Toys Penguin.

It’s amazing how close they got the likeness to Bale’s eyes in the cowl on the new TDKR armory, wish Keaton was this apparent.

IMG_3759.jpeg

Back