Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine thinking this figure's worth the money, and Unreal's sculpt isn't..

joker-batman.gif

Yes people have the deluxe listed for twice its MSRP, but isn’t that typically the case for new product? Are we to believe they all genuinely sell at that rate? I’d never put up $600 for this, I withdrew $350 from it.
hardcore fomo, itll go down. some exclusives and even recent releases. it always is really high upon release and fizzles out when no one is talking about that figure in 3 months when the new shiny new toy comes out

I've seen more than a few people openly say they're buying the Deluxe for the base alone. No interest in the figure at all.

You’d think the base would be wide enough to comfortably place the figure and cape on without being overtly close to the walls or nameplate. This lack of space makes the overall presentation feel cheap. That’s the issue with dios, they’re never accurately to scale, yet still massive space absorbers.

…So are you buying this since nobody’s making full custom Keaton Batmen? :lol
i have unreal's head that i plan to put on my modded dx09 with his single layer wire cape,

then will look further when jazzinc does theirs, whenever that is and cull the set and retire what I don't need

Shocking...

You do love your customs. Even to a fault at times.
hey man lol you seem to have a problem with just about everyone and everything here. just enjoy what you have

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

You’d think the base would be wide enough to comfortably place the figure and cape on without being overtly close to the walls or nameplate. This lack of space makes the overall presentation feel cheap. That’s the issue with dios, they’re never accurately to scale, yet still massive space absorbers.
It's true. He looks cramped on it.

i have unreal's head that i plan to put on my modded dx09 with his single layer wire cape,

then will look further when jazzinc does theirs, whenever that is and cull the set and retire what I don't need

hey man lol you seem to have a problem with just about everyone and everything here. just enjoy what you have

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF
I do? Huh.

I'm sorry, bud. I don't mean to come off that way.

I think I could probably live without the Returns 2.0 base too. It's really just a matter of space, really. And while it's scene accurate, it reminds me of something from LOTR...

My point is, it's a considerably flawed figure, and quite an expensive one.

You're entitled to your own opinion, and it's fair not to like Unreal's sculpt either. But why take a swing at the guy? And why justify the purchase of one, and point your finger at the other?

I mean, nobody is attacking you for liking the Unreal sculpt. But I'm well within my rights to say it's trash. At any price point.

Opinions.. It's not the end of the world.

Edit: and taking a swipe at him? Should I have put an "lol" after that comment? The post to him was made because I know he's a devout lover of customs. Via CF and the HT sub reddit. It wasn't some stab at him but more of a "ah, that's your thing, I know"

You can find something to feel offended by all you'd like. That's fine. I still meant no harm with the comment.

Last edited:
Very much agree. I have the same problem a lot of the time with claustrophobic, and overly crowded dioramas.

I think this one in particular only works from the other side.

https___hypebeast.com_image_2023_02_hot-toys-1989-tim-burton-batman-batmobile-1-6th-scale-coll...jpg

I agree; I also don't think the paint (and occasionally the resolution) on diorama bases comes close to the figures, so the vast majority of them look cheap to me relative to the actual figures.

Back