Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be smart of Jaxon to offer an eye plate along with these faceplates that is compatible with the 2.0 SERS, no need to develop his own. Make it a full package rounded out at 70. Three faceplates, two eye plates. The new 2.0 eye plates are removable correct?

It would be smart of Jaxon to offer an eye plate along with these faceplates that is compatible with the 2.0 SERS, no need to develop his own.
Eye plate? Like a hole new set of skull testies?

You can't be serious. Wait are you serious...

The work that would take, tho..

Great comment. So, it's the eye holes that make/break it for you, then?
For the 2.0 I think the eyes give the worst likeness issue. The mouthplate could be better, but that in combo with the eyes causes the issue for me. Some people have posted shots of the 2.0 where the brow of the cowl casts a heavy shadow on the eyes and it looks great to me. Once those are out of the equation I can see Keaton a bit more.

It would be smart of Jaxon to offer an eye plate along with these faceplates that is compatible with the 2.0 SERS, no need to develop his own. Make it a full package rounded out at 70. Three faceplates, two eye plates.

Pretty sure the eye plates are all glued? That seems like way too much of a hassle for most people to try and replace along with taking apart and reinstalling the eyeball and SERS.

For the 2.0 I think the eyes give the worst likeness issue. The mouthplate could be better, but that in combo with the eyes causes the issue for me. Some people have posted shots of the 2.0 where the brow of the cowl casts a heavy shadow on the eyes and it looks great to me. Once those are out of the equation I can see Keaton a bit more.
Huh.

See this is why I left this thread for two weeks.

GFD.

It's a lesson in pain.

I believe it's removable but it's being slightly blocked by the connection for the neck post. If you can angle it and push it from the bottom it should work. Though Jaxon would have to do it also to see how if it's feasible to do.

I think the actual 2.0 eyes look fine compared to Keaton's real eyes and shape, it's just not doing the squinting eye lids some people want (it doesn't look like Unreal's eyes are squinting either). Just the eye holes of the cowl in 2.0 are the wrong shape which depending on how much that bothers you, the Unreal's is more accurate there.

Keatons eyes below from Returns.

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 eyes vs real vlcsnap-2024-08-03-09h02m13s602.jpg

I believe it's removable but it's being slightly blocked by the connection for the neck post. If you can angle it and push it from the bottom it should work. Though Jaxon would have to do it also to see how if it's feasible to do.
If they did something similar to the Kilmer Bats it could be easier to do than it seems on the surface

I dunno, sounds like a high risk for breakage 😅 Didn't people have issues just switching out the Sonar eye plates?

I don't own Kilmer, what's the easy way regarding that particular fig? This is getting confusing af
He had moving eyes and removable eye plates. If this eye plate was done similar and you preferred the proposed Jaxon one then removing stock wouldn’t be an issue especially if paint chipped or something cause you’d be replacing it anyway. Damage to the Kilmer one was bad cause you only had the 1 plate.

Eye plates.

That's the disconnect.

Ima go watch a review. I need to see how this in actually implemented. Thanks for explaining.

Ok, this seems.. Not a good idea. The words escape me as to why, but I don't think this would work for an 89 Bat's. Kilmer cowl could hide the seam. Keaton's cowl absolutely could not.

Found Captain's post in the Sonar thread

Be careful swapping out the eyes too, if you decide to.

Mine were fused to the inside of the cowl, and when I used the tool provided to remove the eyes and put the sonar ones in, the “key” on the back of the eye plate broke - making it impossible(?) to change the eyes now.

Thankfully I only want to display him with his regular eyes, but it was a massive bummer.

q tip works to push the plates out, I gave up trying to use the tool to remove the eye plate. if I need to get it back in, I just push it in with my finger

broke mine and sideshow sent me a whole cowl replacement so that was nice

Regardless, there are only two real options atm. Unreal 89 cowl and Jaxon faceplates for 2.0. I’m going the Unreal route as I don’t have the 2.0 and don’t plan on picking one up now.

FWIW Unreal’s cowl is the best looking to me. Especially after the newest update posted earlier. I’ll probably end up getting the Jazzinc offering for the accurate suit and at that point will fully retire my DX09.

View attachment 723589

Didn’t see this picture earlier. This looks great.
I concur. If there's anything off maybe it's still a tiny bit idealized in terms of how tight it is on his cheeks. On the Keaton pic it's flaring out a bit more, most visibly on the more brightly lit left side. But the only reason I'm even noticing that is in the hyper-analytical spirit of this thread. Otherwise that sculpt is easily superior to both DX09 and MMS 692/3 :huh

I'm in the Jaxon camp. For likeness alone, to my eye. I hope we all end up happy somehow.

I am a bit shocked that you'll give up the old faithful DX09 face for the Unreal. Just goes to show how different we all see these things.

Crazy, right?

Back