Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came from a overseas forum,
people were pointing out that his masked sculpt looked a bit shiny, the guy says it was just like that.
He did mention in the post that the cape is custom.

Well known user or a possible troll? The suit doesn't have the Begins shiny coating but the plastic cowl has a completely new paint job?

This is an unboxing from yesterday.

Yeah people asked if he coated it with some kind of protection product, but the dude said he's just was like that.
To make such a running change to the cowl to get that effect would require an intentional change in the manufacturing process that again makes it feel highly unlikely.

Mine doesn't look like that, as said late yesterday I only got mine yesterday. It's how it is in the video above.

Last edited:
I just don't get where Hot Toys got the texture from? I think the 2.0 has a better helmet shape(Top of the head) but the jaw is wrong and not as squared.

The 2.0 has a better neck if that matters.

I know people hate the original cape, but that too looks more accurate.

In the end, you pay hot toys for likeness and the 1.0, ALL THREE PLATES, are just more Keaton than the 2.0.
517462.jpg
Screenshot 2024-09-05 081603.png

I just don't get where Hot Toys got the texture from? I think the 2.0 has a better helmet shape(Top of the head) but the jaw is wrong and not as squared.

The 2.0 has a better neck if that matters.

I know people hate the original cape, but that too looks more accurate.

In the end, you pay hot toys for likeness and the 1.0, ALL THREE PLATES, are just more Keaton than the 2.0.
View attachment 724098View attachment 724099
I only see Keaton in the mouth of the DX09. The rest of the cowl looks all wrong but I've never seen it in person.

The 2.0 with the Jaxon mouth plates or DX09 with unreal cowl is probably the way to go.

Oof, that looks rough. Mine definitely doesn't jut out like that at all. Can you return it for an exchange?

Speaking of belts, does anyone know if there is an easy way to remove the utility belt (e.g. clip/magnet/button), or do you have to break it apart and reglue in order to to remove it? I'm surprised the figure doesn't come with a manual, or at least mine didn't...
I contacted Hot Toys and was told that the belt is not user removable. I didnt know this because my first instinct when I first got the figure was to remove the belt in order to remove the black paper that is wrapped around the waist under the belt. Did any of you read the instructions (I didnt and I have stored the box away now which will be a pain to get to) and can confirm that it is indeed true that you are not supposed to remove the belt to remove the black paper? Thanks in Advance.

Ew3u485XIAQi_5b.jpg:large

Hot Toys is weird with belts. All(?) the Bale Batmen have removable belts, but none of the others. They should make them all removable.

Also watch for wrist joints. Saw TWO reviews that broke Batman’s wrists by accident. Kinda makes sense they offered spare wrist joints in the box.

I know why they broke. They’re incredibly tight. The hinge motion is fine, but the swivel is the tough one to move.

Ew3u485XIAQi_5b.jpg:large

Hot Toys is weird with belts. All(?) the Bale Batmen have removable belts, but none of the others. They should make them all removable.
Ouch, so its true then (not supposed to be removed)!
HT Japan were gracious enough, this time only, to allow an exchange but since the belt is not removable, I have to send the whole thing back for a new one. However, I think I will decline the offer and glue the belt back (since its not supposed to be removable).
Reason: my figure is flawless otherwise therefore I do not want to risk an exchange in case there are imperfections on the replacement (I have experienced this before).
Thanks guys and yes, maybe I should read instructions.

Thanks again, you are all the best!

I have one but moving it but keeping accessories.

I was thinking if placing it in the batmobile... Not even sure if it can bend... But it's just so bad....I hate I ordered it.

Back