Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it a lot more than the DX09. If I didn't I'd just sell it, when it gets here, and buy a DX09 instead.

Maybe they can smooth the suit texture on the next batches. If not it's not that noticeable from regular viewing distance.

A lot of pointless back n forth going on here.

The 2.0 is a mess... From the incorrect shaped logo to the horrible textured suit, and equally horrible mouth plates that look nothing like Keaton.

12 years on and this should have blown the old DX09 out of the water...sadly it doesn't even create a ripple.

View attachment 718009

logo shape changes depending on camera focal length and angle. In terms of exact size compared to dx09, I have no idea they all look the same to me :ROFLMAO:

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 vs real emblem.jpg

The angles do come into play. However, when looking straight on, the oval is most accurate and precise.

This figure really has us going crazy, we need to get this in hand already.

Under Moducase lighting, with the car behind him, custom cape covering most of HTs blunder with the suit, I think this will present really well. I think I like the belt color better here over the previous, debating on airbrushing it gold, need to have eyes on it.

IMG_2950.jpeg

Ideally for me I’m holding out hope that maybe Unreal Customs will produce a cowl. He did a Keaton from Flash that looked pretty good. If they fix some of these issues I may pick one up.

Was on the fence for a while and joined the waitlist on Sideshow. Figured if it was pretty much DX09 with an updated cowl it was an easy pickup. Incredibly dissatisfied with the final result.

If you think the criticism for this figure is people upset that their DX09 has lost value then you’ve missed the point of collecting. The people here aren’t scalpers solely focused on how much money they can get for their toys.

If you don't have the DX09 and like the 89 film then pick this up. It’s better to get a representation of this at retail price than overpay for a 12 year old figure regardless if myself or others say the DX09 is the better looking.

I know it’s probably financially better for Unreal to do a whole headsculpt so he charge the most; but, this really doesn’t need a whole new head, just different mouthpieces made to fit the new cowl. The new cowl is pretty great imo
Those sharp BvSesque lines on the cheeks. Thought they'd fix it in production but they didn't. Might grab unreal's if they nail it. Also looking forward to their Flash Keaton sculpt. That's a masterpiece!

Those sharp BvSesque lines on the cheeks. Thought they'd fix it in production but they didn't. Might grab unreal's if they nail it. Also looking forward to their Flash Keaton sculpt. That's a masterpiece!
That's not enough for me to write off the entire sculpt just b/c of those lines. But I understand where you and others are coming from with that. Just not something that bothers me in the slightest.

This thread is hilarious. Reminds me of the star wars darth vader discussions which I'm a bit pedantic about so I get it haha. Looks good to me. I'm never going to notice suit details at normal viewing

Last edited:
Back