Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unreal's sculpt (& the diorama maybe) is the only thing that keeps drawing me back to this figure.

But I'm looking at $1100 total for a figure I still won't be fully satisfied with.

It's right there. I want it.
But I won't allow myself out of sheer spite for this company.

Last edited:
Unreal's sculpt (& the diorama maybe) is the only thing that keeps drawing me back to this figure.

But I'm looking at $1100 total for a figure I still won't be fully satisfied with.

One of my favorite bands is Rammstein. I had an awful expericience with an ex and that was her favorite as well. When listening to it, I do sorta get reminded, but then I realized that Im going to still listen to them because they are cool as ****.

Whatever imaginary beef you have with hot toys, let it go and be happy. Either get it or dont.

dx09 body (mod)
unreal cowl
wire cape single layer (for over the shoulder cape look)
jaxon drape cape
repaint belted

this combo is what im going with and i think itll be near perfect to me with what's available rn
1725792730889.png

At least with HT's infamous Batman Begins figure all you had to do was get a new sculpt & cape, and remove the shine yourself, whereas with this figure, pretty much everything needs to be customised and replaced. It's just unacceptable.

At least with HT's infamous Batman Begins figure all you had to do was get a new sculpt & cape, and remove the shine yourself, whereas with this figure, pretty much everything needs to be customised and replaced. It's just unacceptable.
They definitely screwed people over with the shine on those first batch figures.

The later batches had the right matte finish as it was advertised.

That figure was a disaster top to bottom until the shine got fixed, and that's when I ordered mine.

This figure here isn't nearly as bad as their Begins release was (as a complete package). But it does make it harder to work with, because there's less that you can salvage if you're looking for the best results.

I think there’s some way to salvage HT’s faceplates. There’s a small gap right underneath the nose on the neutral one, but the bunny one has upper lip pushed too far up. There's gotta be some way to fix them.

I put these 2 faceplates in warm water (they were secured inside ziploc bag while in water), and I pushed up the lip on neutral with my finger, and pushed down the lip on the bunny face (so far down, I put the friggin’ toothpick in there). They look much better, but unfortunately, they retract back to original shape.

Also, it looks like the neutral one has lip color too dark, so we can’t see the shape of his lips. Speaking of paint, I think if you’re brave enough (I might do it, too), you could try to very lightly paint a darker skin paint inside the nasolabial folds.

I think HT faceplates look like Keaton, but they got messed up through molding process somehow.
IMG_5906.jpegIMG_5908.jpegIMG_5904.pngIMG_5909.jpeg

The whole thing feels like the Batman Begins re-release debacle .
I only bought that at almost half the price knowing I had to have a new head sculpt
and eventually a cape .
Think I'm just going to get the Flash Keaton Batman and hope it turns out decent .

I got the 1.0 Batman 89...but was missing the accessories.

So I got the 2.0 for the accesssories. Originally I was going to keep the 2.0 cape, but looking at photos of the original movie, the 1.0 cape even looks more accurate.

But that base is the best EVER from hot toys. It's so versitile. You can use it for 2 figures at once the way it's designed. It goes great with Spidey, Venom, or any kind of gothic figure.

It works so well for so many things. The best setup I seen was having both Batman and Joker on the base at the same time. It's just such a great piece.

This was a very small release by HT. Even though subpar, it's still a wanted piece imo...but that figure blows.

Genuinely, how can Hot Toys blow both Keaton 2.0 and Tobey 2.0 so badly. I am afraid for future 2.0s. Even the Doc from BTTF3, was essentially the same head, which was another disappointment.

I think there’s some way to salvage HT’s faceplates. There’s a small gap right underneath the nose on the neutral one, but the bunny one has upper lip pushed too far up. There's gotta be some way to fix them.

I put these 2 faceplates in warm water (they were secured inside ziploc bag while in water), and I pushed up the lip on neutral with my finger, and pushed down the lip on the bunny face (so far down, I put the friggin’ toothpick in there). They look much better, but unfortunately, they retract back to original shape.

Also, it looks like the neutral one has lip color too dark, so we can’t see the shape of his lips. Speaking of paint, I think if you’re brave enough (I might do it, too), you could try to very lightly paint a darker skin paint inside the nasolabial folds.

I think HT faceplates look like Keaton, but they got messed up through molding process somehow.
View attachment 724609View attachment 724610View attachment 724611View attachment 724612
We pay them 300 dollars to check if the final production piece is good. They failed, and took our money.

Back