Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sell it and throw those funds at Returns 2.0.
It’s a bummer to feel like that’s the only option,
but it’s better than having texture annoy you every time you look at it.
If I feel annoyed by a figure, it has to go.
Yeah, I preordered the new Returns version so I'm hoping for the best with that one. I probably won't sell the 1989 but I'm thinking about it.

I have this ordered at my LCS and I’m really debating canceling it. It’s not even the texture of the suit, it’s the price and the amount of space it takes up. I’m seriously low on space. I like it and really was looking forward to it, but so many other announcements have cooled me on this.

If I cancel this, I can get out of the 89 Batman game completely and sell my mars 89 versions to pay for other figures.
My one worry is that hot toys will give us a new 89 joker and that will be a must have and I’ll have to buy everything all over again. That is my dilemma.
If you want some solid Keaton Batman representation in your collection, I'd recommend the HT Returns 2.0 set, and the deluxe JazzInc Catwoman. Just imagine how those will look on the shelf side by side. :love:

drape.png

The stock cape is a little thin, but it can be made to drape. Note that while the infamous texture is definitely visible (Avocado! Oatmeal! Etc!) I have the figure in front of me, and iPhone photos do tend to exaggerate it relative to what I see with my own eyes. But yeah, of course it's a mistake, etc. etc.

Anyway, the cape is okay, but I have a custom on the way anyway to compare.

If you want some solid Keaton Batman representation in your collection, I'd recommend the HT Returns 2.0 set, and the deluxe JazzInc Catwoman. Just imagine how those will look on the shelf side by side. :love:
I was thinking about that, but I prefer the 89 movie. Also, I have a feeling that jazzinc catwoman is going to be very expensive. I’m trying to avoid 92 altogether and just do 66, 89, and the bale films. Even with its flaws, this does look good for the most part and I already ordered a custom cape. I really need an intervention.

Finally arrived. I don't know how some people with this in hand don't see the Keaton likeness. The suit texture isn't even bad in real life when you see it with your eyes, regardless of the lighting condition. Even sitting a foot away while adjusting direct lighting to be massively bright or dimmer, it looks fine to me. But the camera really just blows it up and it can look pretty bad in screenshots, so dx09 texture still much preferred just for that alone.

The camera really exaggerates how it looks, especially with an overexposure lighting setting, I originally used stock iphone camera settings and the exposure was too much. I'm guessing when they sent the final production version to be approved it looked fine in real life but they had no idea it would look that way in screenshots until after the fact.

I actually like the cape especially in how they cut the pattern, Once you straighten the wires then futz with how it folds, the drape looks pretty good. Took a bit of playing around with. I need to iron out that wrinkle at the top which is annoying to look at.

IMG_7927.JPG

IMG_8168.JPG

IMG_7882.JPG

IMG_7787.JPG

IMG_7689.JPG

IMG_8134.JPG

IMG_7897.JPG

IMG_7797.JPG

Is it the « warm white » in your moducase?

I'm using the moducase mono that has the long white light strip. Doesn't give enough control on lighting figures and shadow play, so I installed some cheap warm white spotlights. Should be able to install those in any case.

Last edited:
What's with the scale of this figure ? Surely Keaton isn't that small. I would tend to Hot Toys laziness simply making the 2.0 exactly the same as the original.

Standing him with all the other Batmen, he looks like a little kid. Really disappointing.

What's with the scale of this figure ? Surely Keaton isn't that small. I would tend to Hot Toys laziness simply making the 2.0 exactly the same as the original.

Standing him with all the other Batmen, he looks like a little kid. Really disappointing.

Keaton is the shortest Batman. It's actually pretty accurate. Ben Affleck is huge.

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 461938294_8622610467823500_2361998438086449256_n.jpg

sddefault.jpg

I reckon HT kept this Keaton short so that he'd still be in scale with Nicholson Joker...because they're not making a taller 2.0 of that.

Back