Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sell it and throw those funds at Returns 2.0.
It’s a bummer to feel like that’s the only option,
but it’s better than having texture annoy you every time you look at it.
If I feel annoyed by a figure, it has to go.
Yeah, I preordered the new Returns version so I'm hoping for the best with that one. I probably won't sell the 1989 but I'm thinking about it.

I have this ordered at my LCS and I’m really debating canceling it. It’s not even the texture of the suit, it’s the price and the amount of space it takes up. I’m seriously low on space. I like it and really was looking forward to it, but so many other announcements have cooled me on this.

If I cancel this, I can get out of the 89 Batman game completely and sell my mars 89 versions to pay for other figures.
My one worry is that hot toys will give us a new 89 joker and that will be a must have and I’ll have to buy everything all over again. That is my dilemma.
If you want some solid Keaton Batman representation in your collection, I'd recommend the HT Returns 2.0 set, and the deluxe JazzInc Catwoman. Just imagine how those will look on the shelf side by side. :love:

drape.png

The stock cape is a little thin, but it can be made to drape. Note that while the infamous texture is definitely visible (Avocado! Oatmeal! Etc!) I have the figure in front of me, and iPhone photos do tend to exaggerate it relative to what I see with my own eyes. But yeah, of course it's a mistake, etc. etc.

Anyway, the cape is okay, but I have a custom on the way anyway to compare.

If you want some solid Keaton Batman representation in your collection, I'd recommend the HT Returns 2.0 set, and the deluxe JazzInc Catwoman. Just imagine how those will look on the shelf side by side. :love:
I was thinking about that, but I prefer the 89 movie. Also, I have a feeling that jazzinc catwoman is going to be very expensive. I’m trying to avoid 92 altogether and just do 66, 89, and the bale films. Even with its flaws, this does look good for the most part and I already ordered a custom cape. I really need an intervention.

Back