Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember a coupe people bringing it up, and being upset about the indentions around the eye holes or whatever.

I was never convinced it was a problem but in any case, it certainly never bothered me. Just wasn't something my eye was drawn to. The 2.0 cowl is still miles more accurate than the DXO9.

can the 2.0 cowl go on the original dx09 body without any mods needed?
Yes, it uses the same Ball joint at the bottom of neck, you just need to remove the neck part completely on the body of the dx09.

Has anyone tried to dewire the stock cape?

Last edited:
Great update by Jaxon, placed an order. The lip modeling and expression is closer to the pursed lips people mostly remember Keaton doing in 89 rather than a slight smirk, so it's a nice difference to the stock one now. But the stock one is still good too.

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 face vs jaxon mouth plate IMG_9522.jpg

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 face lips vs keaton real 3 Untitled-1.jpg

Great update by Jaxon, placed an order. The lip modeling and expression is closer to the pursed lips people mostly remember Keaton doing in 89 rather than a slight smirk, so it's a nice difference to the stock one now. But the stock one is still good too.

View attachment 734216
View attachment 734291
Where's the pre orders, I'm using text to speech at the moment and just got done with carpal tunnel surgery, please help

I remember a coupe people bringing it up, and being upset about the indentions around the eye holes or whatever.

I was never convinced it was a problem but in any case, it certainly never bothered me. Just wasn't something my eye was drawn to. The 2.0 cowl is still miles more accurate than the DXO9.
Perhaps we aren’t talking the same thing then. Cause what I’m talking about is the shaping of the eye holes. They should have more of a dip at the center at the bottom. The DX09 has it right. The “2.0” doesn’t.

To me, it’s kinda a signature detail of the eye holes, and I’m personally thrown off by how off the “2.0” has them.

Perhaps we aren’t talking the same thing then. Cause what I’m talking about is the shaping of the eye holes. They should have more of a dip at the center at the bottom. The DX09 has it right. The “2.0” doesn’t.

To me, it’s kinda a signature detail of the eye holes, and I’m personally thrown off by how off the “2.0” has them.
Ahh, yes. Different thing. I see what you're referring to now.

I’m trying my hardest to be happy with the stock figure, which I am, but can’t deny that Jaxon mouth plate looks great. I had to order.
It’s a good figure.

But to be a great one, you just need to replace the cape, the mouth, the suit, repaint the belt….

(The Ship of Theseus weeps)

Back