Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like it. I hope they use the same design for future releases in the DX line. It'll give them that uniform look that says they are the elite figures.

Sadly, I have a hunch that this is going to be a standard thing. The concept of the spot lights is nice, but recently with Predator and Terminator Salvation, HT's been moving away from generic stands and making ones that feature environmental elements relative to the character.

I don't anticipate, and I'm sure same goes for many others, displaying just MMSDX pieces together, I'll put Joker with Batman, say they do Jack Sparrow, I'll put him with Pirates, and there's a character that'll really look out of place with this base.

Whether this is going to be a standard base for all MMSDX or just TDK, it's just not the strongest design.

Whether this is going to be a standard base for all MMSDX or just TDK, it's just not the strongest design.

Agree again :D
Even with the TDK logo put on the plate does not capture any TDK moment at all. Oh well, maybe we can get improvement on the 4th edition :monkey1:monkey5:peace

Sadly, I have a hunch that this is going to be a standard thing. The concept of the spot lights is nice, but recently with Predator and Terminator Salvation, HT's been moving away from generic stands and making ones that feature environmental elements relative to the character.

I don't anticipate, and I'm sure same goes for many others, displaying just MMSDX pieces together, I'll put Joker with Batman, say they do Jack Sparrow, I'll put him with Pirates, and there's a character that'll really look out of place with this base.

I hate to complain but I really don't like that stand nor do I like "change" I was pissed when they changed their basic box design with metalic reflective slip cover. This is coming from someone that MUST have the box displayed behind each piece.

I have a question? What stand comes with the Cop Joker? So if this is the new "standard" for stands I will not be too happy. Amazing products but lame ass stands imo. Why do these stands remind me of Enterbays minus the environment? :confused:

I like the base and from HT's point of view, it's generic enough to use for other DX Figures too.

If you have the right lighting (or lack thereof) in your display room, the base could be really cool. Personally, I don't care too much either way. I do like the previous HT stands more than the others that I have, but I've got such a mixed bunch displayed here that uniformity can't be a concern. I don't even have stands for several of my figures :(

I like the stand. But I am going to be displaying the a purple suit joker on its own on this stand. I already have version 1 next to batman and two face and I have my bank robber joker next to my customized elvis scarecrow and now I will display mob joker on his own.

As MaulFan and Terminator says... this stand sucks...... What does the metal plate has to do with TDK ?!??!!?! AT LEAST get something which is REMOTELY relevant . Otherwise, what a waste of opportunity to create a brand new stand for this series

I have a question? What stand comes with the Cop Joker? So if this is the new "standard" for stands I will not be too happy. Amazing products but lame ass stands imo. Why do these stands remind me of Enterbays minus the environment? :confused:

This is the stand for the Cop Joker. I'm pretty sure it'll be one stand in the box. Even though it doesn't fit for us collectors who are buying and making every Joker, from HT's perspective, this is a 2 in 1 set where the expecation is you use one costume or the other and only need one stand, or you use the v1 stand for the mob setup. I'd be surprised if we got 2 stands.

As MaulFan and Terminator says... this stand sucks...... What does the metal plate has to do with TDK ?!??!!?! AT LEAST get something which is REMOTELY relevant . Otherwise, what a waste of opportunity to create a brand new stand for this series

Here's my thing, it's not the best look for TDK and it's not good for other lines too, so if it is generic for all MMSDX figures, it sucks. Other than Terminator Salvation, I can't really think of a recent or currently in production HT license where a figure on a metal floor like that won't look out of place. The metal floor isn't a good generic surface to me, it suggests environment and it's not a good generic environment for a range of licenses, better to stick with plain black if this is the case.

I think it looks fine. Maybe they should have made it round so at least they could call it a man hole cover though.

Yeah it really looks like something Hot Toys just threw together at the last minute. The metal doesn't even touch at the corners. Seems like a rough prototype.

I would have liked to have either the burning cash, or A jail cell with a bench for him to sit down. Or the interrogation room with the chair and the desk and the lights over head.

My only issue is, I either display everything with stand or all without, i'm anal about that. Now the thing is with Robocop, Bats and TDK Bats they MUST be displayed with stand so this for me is a let down. I will make something custom for them.

I'm fine with a generic, showcase the figure stand as a concept, but I don't like this particular execution.

Yeah it really looks like something Hot Toys just threw together at the last minute. The metal doesn't even touch at the corners. Seems like a rough prototype.

I would have liked to have either the burning cash, or A jail cell with a bench for him to sit down. Or the interrogation room with the chair and the desk and the lights over head.

Well those are all cool ideas but for them the only thing on their agenda is overall cost.

So, wait... people are ^^^^^ing about the new base now?

:duh

As something to discuss, yes, as a reason to pass on the product, at least for me, no.

For me, strands are usually just for support and don't care much what they look like, just their function.

However I find, where this base has spotlights and it's meant to be something special to showcase these special figures, this base isn't the best thing you could come up with for that purpose.

I think Predator is getting a more impressive base. It has more of a personal touch. Theres just nothing uniquely 'Joker' about this base aside from his name on it.

Back