Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joker.jpg

i gotta say ~ right here: flat photo and all, no glam ~ i am loving this headsculpt.

: D

Looks incredible. The best Joker I've seen.

I think they look fine
Doesn't look as bad as this:

I wonder if it isn't something to do with legal mumbo jumbo? The fact that they've made the pattern accurate means they clearly took the criticisms and made an effort to improve, but the idea that they'd fix the pattern and not the color makes me think that there's something more to it than simple negligence.

I'm a HUGE HUGE fan of Kato...I believe nobody can touch him on just about anything he makes, specially the suits as they look 1:1.
I own a couple of his offering.
But I gotta say he was off though on the purple jacket, even on his original one. I was originally gonna buy one cause I wanted an excellent representation of Joker, but I just couldnt pull the trigger on his purple coat cause the material he used is off. Its too thick.
The tailoring of course is magnificent, but this is the one time where, personally, I just thought what was offered is not up to par with everything he makes. Generally, everything he makes is gold.

so with these new foot pegs, are they incompatible with older pegs or shoes? i keep my ledger/jokers on long foot pegs will i not be able to upgrade them to the new shoes?or bodies, or both?

I'm a HUGE HUGE fan of Kato...I believe nobody can touch him on just about anything he makes, specially the suits as they look 1:1.
I own a couple of his offering.
But I gotta say he was off though on the purple jacket, even on his original one. I was originally gonna buy one cause I wanted an excellent representation of Joker, but I just couldnt pull the trigger on his purple coat cause the material he used is off. Its too thick.
The tailoring of course is magnificent, but this is the one time where, personally, I just thought what was offered is not up to par with everything he makes. Generally, everything he makes is gold.

I think thats whats off for me, is the thickness of it. And maybe the fluffyness, but like I said Ill wait till I have the figure in hand before I make any final displaying decisions.

so with these new foot pegs, are they incompatible with older pegs or shoes? i keep my ledger/jokers on long foot pegs will i not be able to upgrade them to the new shoes?or bodies, or both?

they are compatible with sideshow prometheus parts and a limited number of ht parts and not with the dx01 or br joker parts. but you guys are masters of mods, so i am sure there is some quick fix for this.

Likeness is strong from the side:

dx11comp.jpg

coat however doesn't compare as well...

You are not ever, ever EVER going to see an item made 1/6 scale that has the same drape as 1:1. Not EVER. Its simply not possible, so I dont really think this is a fair comparison. The grain of the cloth is just too big. This is a huge problem not only for HT stuff, but for dolls in general.

I will grant you that perhaps the color is too bright, and the sueding is out of scale. But.... this is the nature of the beast when working in these scales.

I really think all doll clothing should be made of silk, because it has the best drape [being really fine-grained] and it can be dyed literally any color. It also has excellent dye retention. I think this coat would have looked much better in sueded silk. Yes the finish would have been a little off, but it would have been a superlative product.

This figure looks excellent, the price-point is not ZOMG: looks like a win to me.

i'm surprised people are complaining about the flare on the skirt and not on the sleeve. or can the sleeve flare?

not that i care ~ i'm just making an observation.

Oh yeah I saw that. That is going to look awesomely epic when done!

I wish I could find one of those LED Light up sabers for my DX07 Luke though. Im not crazy enough to drop $300 on a figure just for a lightsaber. :lol

Have you tried contacking Katkuru?
He made my cathode saber which I highly recommend. It was also a great great price!!!
It plugs in so sometimes, I leave them on all night. :)

My star wars dio with Katkuru's cathode sabers.
starkiller-2.jpg

Have you tried contacking Katkuru?
He made my cathode saber which I highly recommend. It was also a great great price!!!
It plugs in so sometimes, I leave them on all night. :)

My star wars dio with Katkuru's cathode sabers.
starkiller-2.jpg

Yeah Ive seen those, but having to have them plugged in really doesnt work well for my collection. Where I have them displayed it would be tough to get them plugged into an outlets. They look really good though!

Doesn't help that 1 eye isn't catching the light.

Still, human eyes aren't all the parallel all the time.

It's definite that there is printing going on. But they might've had some parts hand-painted.

Anyways, looking at the pic above... I couldn't care less. That's the scale I'll see my sculpt at. Not 10x close up.

Back