1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you guys in the UK and Europe ordering this set from? Neither of my go to sellers have this up for pre-order yet.

I wonder if Toy Anxiety will part out this set and sell just the Power Droid? It's going to be at least $100 and hard as hell to get but it would be a nice option for those with the SS set.

I wonder if Toy Anxiety will part out this set and sell just the Power Droid? It's going to be at least $100 and hard as hell to get but it would be a nice option for those with the SS set.

Better to buy the set and sell the Jawa. There'll be folks who want more Jawas.

Better to buy the set and sell the Jawa. There'll be folks who want more Jawas.

If you just want the Gonk for $100 out of this set, you'd have to sell the Jawa for $170 + your shipping/tax just to break even, so for your buyer they're looking at close to $200 (for overseas buyers, much more) plus the shipping to them.

Not sure anyone is super excited to be paying over $200 for a single Jawa to add to their Jawa herd.

The reality is, this is a set that should have been $230 or so - it's a small, fairly simply figure (no headsculpt at all) that comes with a plastic block accessory, and a figure HT will re-use for the R5/Jawa two-pack and possibly also a Jawa 2-pack (so the newly created short body isn't unique to this Jawa/Gonk release.)

In the customs section, rustyj is considering doing a sandcrawler gonk (a rework of his existing gonk 3D sculpt) that would look pretty much identical to the HT gonk for under $100. That would be awesome, especially since the paint for the sandcrawler gonk is one color over everything: a spray of gunmetal. So even if he doesn't offer it painted, it's very simple for anyone to finish. Hopefully his gonk will have accurate feet - the HT gonk has the wrong feet.

LCDN 299 euros = no thanks. Going to take the risk and buy it from Hong Kong upon release.

If you just want the Gonk for $100 out of this set, you'd have to sell the Jawa for $170 + your shipping/tax just to break even, so for your buyer they're looking at close to $200 (for overseas buyers, much more) plus the shipping to them.

Not sure anyone is super excited to be paying over $200 for a single Jawa to add to their Jawa herd.

The reality is, this is a set that should have been $230 or so - it's a small, fairly simply figure (no headsculpt at all) that comes with a plastic block accessory, and a figure HT will re-use for the R5/Jawa two-pack and possibly also a Jawa 2-pack (so the newly created short body isn't unique to this Jawa/Gonk release.)

In the customs section, rustyj is considering doing a sandcrawler gonk (a rework of his existing gonk 3D sculpt) that would look pretty much identical to the HT gonk for under $100. That would be awesome, especially since the paint for the sandcrawler gonk is one color over everything: a spray of gunmetal. So even if he doesn't offer it painted, it's very simple for anyone to finish. Hopefully his gonk will have accurate feet - the HT gonk has the wrong feet.

I agree that it would cost more than $100. I was more going by "at least $100", with the expectation that it'll be more than that.

I think someone would buy just a Jawa for the cost of splitting the set almost 50/50, which I don't think is too bad ($135 for each person, plus shipping).

If I really didn't want the Jawa and just wanted a Gonk Droid, I'd personally be okay buying it standalone for about $130-140ish.

I do have two of RustyJ's Gonks and they're great. Especially for the price. Solid option for anyone that doesn't mind putting the work in with the kits.

Agree, they started becoming my one-stop-shop for figures, but my recent preorders have all been with other shops who turned out to be cheaper.

I managed to snag the Deluxe Hulkbuster with a decent 10% reduction, then maybe one or two others. But to be honest haven't ordered that many figures recently. But each time I did look they were never cheapest, even if I chose to pickup.

Well if that's 3 of us that have noticed, then surely others have too and they hopefully will learn from it.

Well if that's 3 of us that have noticed, then surely others have too and they hopefully will learn from it.

Apart from prices something seems different there. The Endgame Iron Man from Hot Toys was never put up and they no longer supply Sideshow.

On topic. This set puzzles me. Seems to me it only caters to specific collectors that want this exact combination. Want a seperate Jawa, just a Gonk or a set of Jawa? Too bad.

And its way overpriced.

What's the word on this set?
To be released soon?
Just checked Anotoys and they have the set listed as instock.
Surely it must be wrong with no blogger pics!!

I am excited for this set, It is unfortunate that they never announced a second variant of the Jawa. Maybe we will get a mandalorian version somewhere down the line

Back