1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After thinking about it, I?ll use rewards and get this set. Yes, it?s a total ripoff but I like the power droid and I want to support ht alien production. Plus, I like my jawa robes like I like my women, dirty.

After thinking about it, I?ll use rewards and get this set. Yes, it?s a total ripoff but I like the power droid and I want to support ht alien production. Plus, I like my jawa robes like I like my women, dirty.

Glad you clarified. I automatically thought of midget women. :p

At secret base...

secret base 9-18-19.jpg

It looks nice but really should be around $200. At that price point most people here would be ordering instead of griping.

I was looking at prices for this. Everyone is going ape about the Sideshow price, which is understandable.

However KGHobby have it for $234 + shipping. Sideshow have it for $267 + shipping. In my experience, shipping cost is similar for both.

Doesn't it seem possible that SS have bumped the price up this by $30 odd bucks to reduce Hot Toys sales or make more money themselves in retaliation to Hot Toys making the same figure that SS already did ?

If this continues, I can see Hot Toys creating some other way for distribution other than SS.

I wonder if this has something to do with the loss of the Star Wars license for SS ?

Let the 1/6 wars begin.

I was looking at prices for this. Everyone is going ape about the Sideshow price, which is understandable.

However KGHobby have it for $234 + shipping. Sideshow have it for $267 + shipping. In my experience, shipping cost is similar for both.

Doesn't it seem possible that SS have bumped the price up this by $30 odd bucks to reduce Hot Toys sales or make more money themselves in retaliation to Hot Toys making the same figure that SS already did ?

If this continues, I can see Hot Toys creating some other way for distribution other than SS.

I wonder if this has something to do with the loss of the Star Wars license for SS ?

Let the 1/6 wars begin.

SS always bumps up the price on every HT about $30 so i doubt that has anything to do with it. Shipping (for me) from KGHobby on this is about $55 so $282.00 total.

Are KG and Sideshow retail usually the same as well? If so, could Sideshow be anticipating "Tariffs" soon to be in effect with that price hike?

SS always bumps up the price on every HT about $30 so i doubt that has anything to do with it. Shipping (for me) from KGHobby on this is about $55 so $282.00 total.

OK. I guess that's why I never order from SS. Being in Europe they are no real alternative.

I am still using SSC when I find a coupon. My usual go to is LCDN at the moment. But in order them to be cheaper I need to use membership and buy 3 figures in a year. So, unless I find 3 figures to preorder they end up similar.
How is KGHobby? Especially shipment and packaging. They seem to use regular shipping and EMS. I used both when ordering through AliExpress, but figures might get damaged on the road.

Sideshow always charges full MSRP from their site, this isn’t a price hike on their part, and they offer reward points as an incentive. They give other vendors a discount (as a distributor), and those retailers are allowed to go a certain designated dollar amount below MSRP. This has always been the case, and it’s one of the reasons I rarely order from SS; I would rather get the discount up front, rather than wait for “reward” points I can only use at their website where they make up any difference in reward points by price gouging on shipping. I can get a discount up front and free shipping from Timewalker if I’m willing to wait and have my items bundled at a $350 dollar value — and in this hobby, that doesn’t take much.

Let the 1/6 wars begin.

Lol did you even realize that SS is a sole distrubutor of Hot Toys dolls in North America?

As a distributor you will absolutely have to oblige to buy huge stocks from the manufacturer. Whether SS still have bunch of old Jawas rotten in their warehouses or whichever definitely doesnt have anything to do with their business with Hot Toys ones.

The prices on these and other figures have resulted in me significantly reducing my purchases. Unfortunately these aren’t even on my radar because of the price . Luckily I have these as well so that helps..

B6ED932C-E34D-458A-9BF8-4232590C0F2B.jpg9A19025F-2EF1-4DE8-AE84-5EC0171B9E39.jpg

Back