1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received the invoice from KG Hobby earlier.

Unusually, postage is quite a bit less than the estimate. Which is an indication of how much lighter the Gonk and the stand toppers are compared to the initial estimate.

Received the invoice from KG Hobby earlier.

Unusually, postage is quite a bit less than the estimate. Which is an indication of how much lighter the Gonk and the stand toppers are compared to the initial estimate.

Just checked my email - got my invoice too. First purchase from them for years so interested to see how it goes

Just checked my email - got my invoice too. First purchase from them for years so interested to see how it goes

I'm not expecting too much.

Blitzway Zorro didn't ship out until 5 days after paying the invoice, but the package has been moving steadily through Hong Kong every day. Parcelsapp estimates it won't arrive until 20th June. (By which time it's expected that Hong Kong Post will have swung back into action, since the passenger airlines are supposed to be expanding their operations mid-June).

Got my invoice as well. At 280HKD, shipping is pretty much the same as my latest few orders.

Contacted them about shipment and they confirmed they were looking at alternatives (to Hong Kong post usual regular shipping method) for customers not willing to use EMS/Express. Not quite sure if they are currently shipping regular or still figuring that out though.

About that set being available before other recent Hot Toys releases, i believe it's a clear indication Jawa and Gonk are not very popular. KG Hobby have yet to send final invoices my way for Luke Crait, Director Krennic and Han Mudtrooper.

Got my invoice as well. At 280HKD, shipping is pretty much the same as my latest few orders.

I got the same charge. The original estimate last year was 350HKD, so they must've been expecting the Gonk to be a more substantial piece.

Tee-Kay said:
Contacted them about shipment and they confirmed they were looking at alternatives (to Hong Kong post usual regular shipping method) for customers not willing to use EMS/Express. Not quite sure if they are currently shipping regular or still figuring that out though.

They're using SpeedPAK, which is more regular than express.

Zorro was picked up on 29th May, and each day he's progressed through a new delivery stage. Looks like he's left the final facility and next stage will be boarding a flight. Only question is how long he'll have to wait for that flight.

Tee-Kay said:
About that set being available before other recent Hot Toys releases, i believe it's a clear indication Jawa and Gonk are not very popular. KG Hobby have yet to send final invoices my way for Luke Crait, Director Krennic and Han Mudtrooper.

I'm waiting for those three from KGH as well.

Last communication I had regarding them stated, "...hottoys we usually receive 6-8 weeks after secret base release to their customer..."

They're using SpeedPAK, which is more regular than express.

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess i won't have to wait as much as i expected then. Really thought they would hold the parcels until Hong Kong Post were offering regular service again. I'll post updates in here whenever i have news about my item whereabouts.

I'm waiting for those three from KGH as well.

Last communication I had regarding them stated, "...hottoys we usually receive 6-8 weeks after secret base release to their customer..."

According to reports from fellow collectors having sent requests in the past couple weeks, Luke is expected to be stocked before mid june. Crossing fingers...

I'm not expecting too much.

Blitzway Zorro didn't ship out until 5 days after paying the invoice, but the package has been moving steadily through Hong Kong every day. Parcelsapp estimates it won't arrive until 20th June. (By which time it's expected that Hong Kong Post will have swung back into action, since the passenger airlines are supposed to be expanding their operations mid-June).

Yeah they sure take their sweet time shipping these things off, don't they? I realize they're probably dealing with hundreds of customers and it's a lot to keep track of, but it would still be nice if they sped up their process a little more.

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess i won't have to wait as much as i expected then. Really thought they would hold the parcels until Hong Kong Post were offering regular service again. I'll post updates in here whenever i have news about my item whereabouts.

OneSixthKit has been holding parcels I think, as he said he couldn't use SpeedPAK since it was only meant to be for Ebay deliveries. KGH somehow managed to use it.

According to Parcelsapp tracking it isn't particularly speedy at present. For the parcel picked up 29th May they estimate an arrival date of 20th June.

Tee-Kay said:
According to reports from fellow collectors having sent requests in the past couple weeks, Luke is expected to be stocked before mid june. Crossing fingers...

That one has been delayed so long I was prepared to write him off.

Yeah they sure take their sweet time shipping these things off, don't they? I realize they're probably dealing with hundreds of customers and it's a lot to keep track of, but it would still be nice if they sped up their process a little more.

KGH are normally a lot faster so I have to believe it's more to do with other factors, such as a reduced frequency of collections. That could be down to a reduction in drivers, or the sheer quantity of parcels already in storage awaiting flights is already too much.

OneSixthKit has been holding parcels I think, as he said he couldn't use SpeedPAK since it was only meant to be for Ebay deliveries. KGH somehow managed to use it.

Interesting. KGH started as a Ebay seller. They might have kept a few links and taking advantage of those. Very proactive if it's actually the case.

Interesting. KGH started as a Ebay seller. They might have kept a few links and taking advantage of those. Very proactive if it's actually the case.

Kit still sells on Ebay, which makes the whole thing even more curious.

He was asking on Facebook the other day if people had had any recent ePack deliveries. Someone mentioned SpeedPAK and that's when Kit stated it was only for Ebay sales.

Hoping this goes the way of most TFA figures in terms of price, even on aftermarket. Saw Popcultcha still has Finn for like ?100 which is cheap as hell.

Hoping this goes the way of most TFA figures in terms of price, even on aftermarket. Saw Popcultcha still has Finn for like ?100 which is cheap as hell.

There is no way this was produced in those kind of numbers. It's possible that waiting could pay off in a slight price break, but it's more likely that you either pay the ridiculous price or miss it altogether.

There is no way this was produced in those kind of numbers. It's possible that waiting could pay off in a slight price break, but it's more likely that you either pay the ridiculous price or miss it altogether.

Yeah that's what I think is happening with this grouping of SW figures. 2 Solo releases, Krennic, and Jawas all released right around eachother, and I agree they probably didn't make many of these. I didn't see very many people happy to preorder even before release at just the price, let alone quality.

Cheap release. The icing on the cake for me is the removal of the metal etched plaques!! HT's couldn't even give collectors that!

Got this in today. I must say I really like the Jawa. Eyes are for sure an orange and not red. A 2 pack would be fantastic. Rest of the package is as everyone has stated. Jawa tho, fun little figure.

Back