1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

This is retail price? Or what they're getting now?

Well the PO are already sold out and it comes in June not certain about its secondary market value and while i?m sure they will look nice honestly I would rather buy another trooper in the secondary market with that kind of loot.

One can never have enough troopers and jawas lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The set isn't that expensive, maybe buying from BBTS it would be. It was 17,600 yen as a Bandai exclusive, so people in the US would need to buy from a website that does re-selling and adds to the price. It'll probably be closer to $200-225ish after shipping costs.

As an aside, the most expensive 1/12 scale figure I have I think is the first SHF Hulkbuster, I think it was $375 shipped for me. Up until I bought a Hot Toys Iron Man figure it was the most expensive figure I'd ever bought in general lol.

The set isn't that expensive, maybe buying from BBTS it would be. It was 17,600 yen as a Bandai exclusive, so people in the US would need to buy from a website that does re-selling and adds to the price. It'll probably be closer to $200-225ish after shipping costs.

My purchase of revoltech War Machine from amiami came out the same as what BBTS was selling it for after shipping.

There is no way BBTS is charging $125 more than a japanese website unless what you are describing is something completely different than that.

My purchase of revoltech War Machine from amiami came out the same as what BBTS was selling it for after shipping.

There is no way BBTS is charging $125 more than a japanese website unless what you are describing is something completely different than that.

The difference being that the Revoltech was not an exclusive; even for regular japanese figures that aren't released here, BBTS works with suppliers to get them at reduced costs. But exclusives are full price for everyone no matter what and you have to pay each middle man.

Nippon-Yasan was selling the set for 19,800JPY, so they added 2200JPY to the price, and still before shipping is added. From my experience, BBTS adds like 30-35ish % on top for items like this for their Overhead/Profit. We don't know what shipping would be, but BBTS is selling the set for $310, it's not so far off.

I see there's a Hong Kong seller on ebay selling the GONK on its own for $280 with free postage.
That's an expensive piece of plastic.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

late to the game- but anyone considering dyeing the HT Jawa robe? Not hard to do...

late to the game- but anyone considering dyeing the HT Jawa robe? Not hard to do...

Along with "shouldn't be necessary to do... on a $270 fig":lol It's mind-boggling you'd have to even think about doing something so key and defining of the character on such an expensive figure.

I know people do a lot of tweaks on HT figs anyway, but this is a pretty big one and also dyeing it to get just the right brown/red/tan color balance would be trickier to do than you'd think.

I really think people should think of this as a nod to the Kenner PC Jawa and it works quiet nicely - like the HT Kenner Fett. The color is a near-perfect match to that PC Jawa.

Along with "shouldn't be necessary to do... on a $270 fig":lol It's mind-boggling you'd have to even think about doing something so key and defining of the character on such an expensive figure.

I know people do a lot of tweaks on HT figs anyway, but this is a pretty big one and also dyeing it to get just the right brown/red/tan color balance would be trickier to do than you'd think.

You said it man! exactly. I have a feeling I might be able to pull it off but would rather have a parted out robe to experiment with.

Years ago, I experimented with a custom Splinter figure and I dyed his robe to the exact burgandy/maroon I was seeking. Seeing as I also grafted actual hair onto a frame, the dyeing was actually the least stressful part. lol

Attachments

• splinter.jpg
    splinter.jpg
    799.3 KB

I really think people should think of this as a nod to the Kenner PC Jawa and it works quiet nicely - like the HT Kenner Fett. The color is a near-perfect match to that PC Jawa.

Once you think about it that way all robe color problems are gone and if anything it makes him more desirable for me lol

Star Wars

People are dying Krennic's cream uniform and cape gray to be more accurate. Getting this rust colored robe to be a darker brown is even easier -- even if it comes out uneven it just adds to the necessary weathering. I would imagine some people will fray the edges even more and wear down areas with sandpaper. Matrix and davejames come to mind...

You said it man! exactly. I have a feeling I might be able to pull it off but would rather have a parted out robe to experiment with.

Years ago, I experimented with a custom Splinter figure and I dyed his robe to the exact burgandy/maroon I was seeking. Seeing as I also grafted actual hair onto a frame, the dyeing was actually the least stressful part. lol

You didn't use real rat fur did you?:horror:lol

Once you think about it that way all robe color problems are gone and if anything it makes him more desirable for me lol

Star Wars

Yeah, not sure why people aren't embracing it for that reason. The orange-tan brown is super nostalgic for a Jawa to me.:dunno

Weirdly, it's one of the reasons I'm now mulling getting this.:rotfl

People are dying Krennic's cream uniform and cape gray to be more accurate. Getting this rust colored robe to be a darker brown is even easier -- even if it comes out uneven it just adds to the necessary weathering. I would imagine some people will fray the edges even more and wear down areas with sandpaper. Matrix and davejames come to mind...

The SSC robe is a decent tone dark brown yet it's still a ways off being what the color looks like onscreen. It's a quite specific very red-maroonish brown that I'm not sure Rit has a standard color for is all I mean. Maybe the "wine" color could be added in to a dark brown - that's the one I was considering for the SSC robe to add the red. Also if you go medium-dark brown, will the orange still be slightly visible - it's very prominent.

There's also the matter of light orange-tan stitching, if any is visible ( thread never dyes, so you'd have to dot-paint those) and also if the robe - which is an unusual almost light denim type fabric so maybe be a cotton/synth blend - will take the dye uniformly.

And yeah the onscreen Jawas have MAJOR frayed edges at their feet that look to be 6-8" long.:horror Be laborious to match that, but it would really sell "Jawa" well.

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Why not just get a taxidermist to hook you up with a fresh rat? :dunno

I guess it wouldn't have the articulation we demand in our toys. :lol

Jawa and Solo arrived this evening from Toys Buying Agent.

Spent a minute getting them set up. All the complaints are valid the stand cover is garbage and Gonk has a very cheap vibe yet both are serviceable. Jawa itself is a nice figure and I don't find it out of sync color wise with SS Jawa's. That's just me.......

Both HT and SS pieces have pluses and minus's the common item being the stands for both are lacking.

Jawa and Solo arrived this evening from Toys Buying Agent.

Spent a minute getting them set up. All the complaints are valid the stand cover is garbage and Gonk has a very cheap vibe yet both are serviceable. Jawa itself is a nice figure and I don't find it out of sync color wise with SS Jawa's. That's just me.......

Both HT and SS pieces have pluses and minus's the common item being the stands for both are lacking.

What is your impression of the eyes in hand?

Back