1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth, there's some behind-the-scenes footage from ANH in this week's episode of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian (I assume nothing that hasn't been seen before), and the on-location Jawa robes look pretty close if not identical to the color of the HT figure.

For what it's worth, there's some behind-the-scenes footage from ANH in this week's episode of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian (I assume nothing that hasn't been seen before), and the on-location Jawa robes look pretty close if not identical to the color of the HT figure.

But then you have the debate of 'screen accurate' vs 'prop accurate'.

Screen accuracy is the only way.

On set props are fake in a real world but in a finished movie they are real in a fake world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On set props are fake in a real world but in a finished movie they are real in a fake world.

...but the props are still sort of real props in the real world [emoji2962] ...I still think the HT robe is a bit lighter than the props though. Most images from the set are lighter because of the strong sunlight.

Exactly.

We love the movies. Not the props.

Every shot people have posted with a Jawa in "warm brown" robe has been either a faded 70's pic or pictures shot late in the day with very warm sunlight that gives everything that beautiful orange glow (like the jawas resting outside the cantina).

Exactly.

We love the movies. Not the props.

Every shot people have posted with a Jawa in "warm brown" robe has been either a faded 70's pic or pictures shot late in the day with very warm sunlight that gives everything that beautiful orange glow (like the jawas resting outside the cantina).

I could not tolerate another complaint of 89 Batmobile and Alien 79 not matching on set prop aesthetics lol

Where did you get a coupon, one of those emails they send after you placed a previous order? I ask because usually those coupon codes don't apply to preorders.

I got it on the day when my reward points from a previous order converted. They usually only worked for in stock items but this time the coupon worked on pre-orders too. I got two others this month and it works on pre-orders now.

Where did you get a coupon, one of those emails they send after you placed a previous order? I ask because usually those coupon codes don't apply to preorders.
Hmm, really? I’m pretty sure I’ve used a bunch of them on pre-orders :dunno

I don’t think I’ve ordered a fig from sideshow without a coupon or points in over a year!

Can confirm, I also just got a $25 promo code that works on preorders again. Hopefully they go back to that permanently here. It was awfully dumb for them to start restricting it to in stock items last year, like why does it matter to them either way? I know I have not ordered a single Hot Toys figure from them in 2020 without a coupon to use since now they are charging tax.

It matters to them because they were hoping to clear out lower demand inventory.

I?m sure that?s what they were hoping but I?m also sure lots of collectors just did what I did and either started waiting for a figure to come in-stock instead of preordering, or just ordered from another retailer altogether.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I?m sure that?s what they were hoping but I?m also sure lots of collectors just did what I did and either started waiting for a figure to come in-stock instead of preordering, or just ordered from another retailer altogether.

That's what I did. Glad they changed the system because it was apparent they were designing it to move old inventory that no one wants.

Back