1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too about the repaint. Plain grey is too easy. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just going through that custom thread, you posted a great looking gonk pic on page 7 that I might try to somewhat emulate.

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Nice. I?ll get this... and I bet the tall one will come with R5... gosh, I?m reaching my space limit.

I was just going through that custom thread, you posted a great looking gonk pic on page 7 that I might try to somewhat emulate.

If it's the one I'm thinking of there is a build thread and how he painted it. Just Google Britmodeller Andy Moore Gonk Power Droid.

He does an excellent job on it. Master painter imo.

Yeah I dont know. I get the feeling this is going to be over $200 and I'm not sure thats worth it for these. If its under that then maybe...

Not for me but it's cool to see they're not done with ANH yet. Tusken Raiders next please!

I hoped for two Jawas. Not just one. That's another cheap move from HT.

Well as memorable as they may be, they're still very minor characters in the SW universe and not the kind of figures we've seen HT bother much with before. Wicket made more sense being an obvious companion for Endor Leia and a box set everyone was clamoring to have.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm definitely happy to see HT diving deeper into the OT like this. :D

I dunno, Jawas are still pretty high up the list of recognizable SW characters - even to a non-fan on the street. And they are one of the "original 12" figures too so have that extra nostaligic push as a collectible. So it's not a massive surprise that HT would do them.

Possibly the only surprise is that Sideshow did them not that many years ago and they seemed to sit for a while (though they had bad bodies.) Something like Hammerhead would be a surprise to me from HT, Jawas feel like they are higher up the list than a very minor SW alien - they feel a bit SW iconic to me.

True. And you can never have too many Jawas (or Tuskens for that matter) so many will buy multiples... even if they?ll end up with a bunch of gonks as well.
bc4d71d11069aec75b4e26e61ba3947a.jpg

916462a09330a7d0c8c594acaba37e1f.jpg

Hopefully we get r5 with the other jawa! I can display the sideshow ones with Jabba!

There's only one word for this announcement.

Utini!!!

:)

Whilst I would have preferred two Jawas, space is at a premium, so I'm good with just the one + Gonk.

So im confused. Looking at the SS version the one with the bigger gun has the leather vest on.

However HT seems to have give the opposite way ?? Not sure what's movie accurate.

If they do pair the other jawa with R5, that HT version seems the most different to the SS Jawas.

The bandoliers look totally different between SS and HT. Maybe I'll wait for that one ? As I have the SS I'm after individuality.

d35916414e22321fa2e67c2163d7d623.jpg

Not for me but it's cool to see they're not done with ANH yet. Tusken Raiders next please!

Totally agree. The Tusken Raider and the DST are the last 2 from the original 12 back figure line up which are missing.

Not that HT are following that. But it would be nice for them to complete the lineup.

I hate you and your 2x Tuskens !! [emoji23]

[emoji28]I knew you would react to me suddenly having two of them. But a fellow danish collector sold it to me for ?130... [emoji33] ...could of course not say no to that. ...sorry.

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

So im confused. Looking at the SS version the one with the bigger gun has the leather vest on.

However HT seems to have give the opposite way ?? Not sure what's movie accurate.

If they do pair the other jawa with R5, that HT version seems the most different to the SS Jawas.

The bandoliers look totally different between SS and HT. Maybe I'll wait for that one ? As I have the SS I'm after individuality.

d35916414e22321fa2e67c2163d7d623.jpg

The two big guns aren?t the same. The SSC one is the one that shot R2.

[emoji28]I knew you would react to me suddenly having two of them. But a fellow danish collector sold it to me for ?130... [emoji33] ...could of course not say no to that. ...sorry.

Oh come on. 130 !! that's just salt in the wound ! See any others for that much you know who to contact.

Oh come on. 130 !! that's just salt in the wound ! See any others for that much you know who to contact.

I was actually thinking of you... IF it should turn out that two of them couldn?t fit. But unfortunately for you they did [emoji51] sorry, but I?ll keep you in mind!
Btw he also sold me the probe droid for ?90 and Kylo for ?110 ...and 3po for ?150 ...I only came to collect 3PO [emoji51] ...he only wants to collect QS now.

Back