1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Secret Base has this listed at the same price as Pennywise, which if Sideshow does the same makes the set $267. Yowch.

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

The two big guns aren?t the same. The SSC one is the one that shot R2.

Ok. That's interesting. The SS has the cable that goes to the power pack at the back.

Maybe these really are covering Mandalorian and OT Jawas. The Mandalorian footage I saw had one of them with the HT gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Secret Base has this listed at the same price as Pennywise, which if Sideshow does the same makes the set $267. Yowch.

Does the eyes light up? If it does that might explain the price. It would have to be 2 Jawas and the Droid for me to pay that much.

Does the eyes light up? If it does that might explain the price. It would have to be 2 Jawas and the Droid for me to pay that much.

It says they do light up:

The 1/6th scale Jawa Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Jawa in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Newly developed body with over 20 points of articulations with black fabric hair around the arms
- Approximately 21 cm tall
- LED-light up functions on eyes (yellowish orange light, battery operated)
- Five (5) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding rifle
- One (1) gesture right hand

Costume:
- One (1) brown-colored hooded cape with weathering effects
- One (1) brown-colored under gown
- One (1) pair of brown-colored leg wraps
- One (1) pair of brown-colored shoes
- Two (2) crossbody belts with rifle holster

Weapon:
- One (1) blaster rifle with weathering effects

Accessories:
- One (1) welder
- One (1) communicator
- Specially designed figure base with sand-themed diorama accessory

The 1/6th scale EG-6 Power Droid Collectible Figure specially features:
- Expertly crafted with authentic and fine details of Power Droid in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Newly developed body with 8 points of articulations
- Approximately 18 cm tall
- Specially applied silver metallic painting with weathering effects

Accessory:

Release date: Approximately Q1 ? Q2, 2020

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=739

It's not the electronics. It's the greed. LED's are cheap. Agreed, that price point is way off mark. Still, we have yet to see what SS will be charging for this set.

The Jawa looks great. I really hope(d) they do a single Jawa and a 2pk with the Gonk Droid. As cool as the Gonk droid is, it's not something I need in 1/6 scale, especially at these prices. It is cool though that they actually made him for those with the space and funds to get em all...

I always thought the SS Jawa's looked pretty damn good from all the photo's and reviews, and I saw them in person on display in Disney World. I'd rather pick up a set of those around $200 than have 1 Jawa (although most likely a nicer figure) and the Gonk droid for $300 after shipping & taxes.

Nice since it shows their interest in SW continues. However, they need to produce more core characters to collect my money.

Is the other Jawa from SDCC shorter or taller than the one in the set? The one in the set is over 8 inches, so if it's taller then they could justify a separate release.

It says they do light up:

The 1/6th scale Jawa Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Jawa in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Newly developed body with over 20 points of articulations with black fabric hair around the arms
- Approximately 21 cm tall
- LED-light up functions on eyes (yellowish orange light, battery operated)
- Five (5) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding rifle
- One (1) gesture right hand

Costume:
- One (1) brown-colored hooded cape with weathering effects
- One (1) brown-colored under gown
- One (1) pair of brown-colored leg wraps
- One (1) pair of brown-colored shoes
- Two (2) crossbody belts with rifle holster

Weapon:
- One (1) blaster rifle with weathering effects

Accessories:
- One (1) welder
- One (1) communicator

The 1/6th scale EG-6 Power Droid Collectible Figure specially features:
- Expertly crafted with authentic and fine details of Power Droid in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Newly developed body with 8 points of articulations
- Approximately 18 cm tall
- Specially applied silver metallic painting with weathering effects

Accessory:

Release date: Approximately Q1 ? Q2, 2020

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=739

How do you possibly get 8 PoA on the Gonk droid?

Is the other Jawa from SDCC shorter or taller than the one in the set? The one in the set is over 8 inches, so if it's taller then they could justify a separate release.

Other Jawa with leather vest is taller apparantly.

Word is he could be released with R5.

It's not the electronics. It's the greed. LED's are cheap. Agreed, that price point is way off mark. Still, we have yet to see what SS will be charging for this set.

Have you sat down and worked out how much a figure costs ? It doesn't stop there. Disney licence fees for every figure, office & factory overheads, tooling, d&d, packaging, rising salaries etc etc.

I'm sure you'll find there isn't as much profit in any of this as you think.

Would you prefer that HT cut it so thin that they go under or need to cut corners on quality or other areas ?

Have you sat down and worked out how much a figure costs ? It doesn't stop there. Disney licence fees for every figure, office & factory overheads, tooling, d&d, packaging, rising salaries etc etc.

I'm sure you'll find there isn't as much profit in any of this as you think.

Would you prefer that HT cut it so thin that they go under or need to cut corners on quality or other areas ?

Don't forget about the Trump Tax that is probably kicking in as well.

Back