Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job on the repaint. I don't dare do it myself. Waiting on the inevitable $225 repaint myself....lol

So, everyone knows that the hose is made out of a bendy type plastic? It bends easily, if you manually bend it. Sorry if this is common knowledge now

Nice job on the repaint. I don't dare do it myself. Waiting on the inevitable $225 repaint myself....lol

So, everyone knows that the hose is made out of a bendy type plastic? It bends easily, if you manually bend it. Sorry if this is common knowledge now

Thanks!

This figure doesn't seem to be selling terribly well, which is too bad because it's really nice. Because of the lackluster interest, I was worried they wouldn't make a Special Forces Pilot, that's why I decided to do it myself.

Yeah, if you read the instructions it tells you the hose is bendable, but I've read lots of complaints about it being too rigid, so it seems like folks are unaware of its posability.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Thanks!

This figure doesn't seem to be selling terribly well, which is too bad because it's really nice. Because of the lackluster interest, I was worried they wouldn't make a Special Forces Pilot, that's why I decided to do it myself.

Yeah, if you read the instructions it tells you the hose is bendable, but I've read lots of complaints about it being too rigid, so it seems like folks are unaware of its posability.

Does it? LOL, funny. I've never bother to read the instructions. And I don't know how well this is selling in relation to all the later releases....aside from the classic ones, all the new movie sets are pretty much available, as is Vader, Fett......they must have made a lot of them!

The prices on eBay are consistently higher than retail, but the prices for the pilot are quite reasonable, which makes me think it must be warming shelves so to speak.

WTC - Balls of Steel! Great job man!
You may be right on the HT release. Never thought about that. May have to pull out the ole points, get two more, and break out the airbrush myself!

Damn, you've got some mighty large cohonies, sir!

I don't mind doing a little custom work... but this, this is brave work! Congrats!

BTW: How'd you make the eye colour "pop" so much. The amber tone looks great!

This is easily one of the more ambitious paint jobs I've attempted. Quite frankly this scared the hell out of me, I thought I was just wasting my time this weekend, slowly ruining a perfectly good head sculpt, and make no mistake, it's FAR from perfect LOL, but it turned out much better than I anticipated!

3f6ce2ded275dc79f41baccee7acab09.jpg
fed4ffce1e8102342ad3fd2dd4cc9ac1.jpg
61599036fc41dc685f10d12ee8f0535e.jpg
f66c2ab7569d1b9c75595fc5e01b2710.jpg

Damn, you've got some mighty large cohonies, sir!

I don't mind doing a little custom work... but this, this is brave work! Congrats!

BTW: How'd you make the eye colour "pop" so much. The amber tone looks great!

Haha, thanks!

Just take a small strip of aluminum foil. And tape it over the eyes on the inside of the helm. Take a cotton swab and press the foil firmly against the inside of the lenses.

Legend! Thanks :hi5:

Haha, thanks!

Just take a small strip of aluminum foil. And tape it over the eyes on the inside of the helm. Take a cotton swab and press the foil firmly against the inside of the lenses.

Other than the paint, I added...

• Foil behind he lenses, to make the gold/amber color pop.

• Bent the hose into a film accurate position.

• Added some foam core to the thigh pockets.

The pockets on the thighs of the stock figure are all empty and deflated looking, which looked strange to me so I wanted to bulk them up a bit. I know it doesn't look like much in the pictures, but in hand it looks much better, more realistic and natural.

Here's some before|after pics of these alterations.

Eyes before:
2cd8fd12e15b57481ea809971be7fe68.jpg

Eyes after:
eee509e72121568366c299cfe6d6bffa.jpg

Hose before:
b4098c80fd7a37b19d787bab18716aca.jpg

Hose after:
9078b2213eafaa354ce2447022052fad.jpg

Pockets before:
ba07cc24bb41645f36c240a861cd1921.jpg
56a5bbc6d5daf5964e1a2bf3d4c7f62a.jpg

Pockets after:
1aac47aab513a1313dae79e7f304dc12.jpg
852934d7fe87e3017e8ed0176c60023e.jpg

This is easily one of the more ambitious paint jobs I've attempted. Quite frankly this scared the hell out of me, I thought I was just wasting my time this weekend, slowly ruining a perfectly good head sculpt, and make no mistake, it's FAR from perfect LOL, but it turned out much better than I anticipated!

3f6ce2ded275dc79f41baccee7acab09.jpg
fed4ffce1e8102342ad3fd2dd4cc9ac1.jpg
61599036fc41dc685f10d12ee8f0535e.jpg
f66c2ab7569d1b9c75595fc5e01b2710.jpg

looks perfect !! how many c oats of red did you give it ?

Put some white shiny ribbon in the eyes to try to bring the lens color out a bit more, but still not enough--those looked so good in the proto images.
DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg

Back