Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dsc03733u.jpg

Nice display, though I still prefer that you put the HT T2 T800 instead of T1 T800 to better match the other T2 collectibles displayed. :wink1:

Nice display, though I still prefer that you put the HT T2 T800 instead of T1 T800 to better match the other T2 collectibles displayed. :wink1:

Thanks. That might be a problem because I don't have the T2 Hot Toys figure.... yet at least :gah: but if the surface was big enough I'd place my T-800 PF right there.

Did one of the metal studs fall off for you?

I ask because I think you may have placed it back in the wrong place. I see there are 10 of them on the patch, there is usually 9. It looks like two is missing on the upper left area of the jacket.

Dammit. Can't find this guy anywhere local now. Kicking myself.

Looks like you may have to suck it up and buy on the net. You should probably act fast before the price gets really out of control. Its already gone up a bit since it came out. Wait until the final supplies dry up on all the web stores. Then you'll be paying up the b@11s and out the ass on ebay.

Did one of the metal studs fall off for you?

I ask because I think you may have placed it back in the wrong place. I see there are 10 of them on the patch, there is usually 9. It looks like two is missing on the upper left area of the jacket.

I haven't noticed that until now.... weird. Took that picture right after I unboxed it for the first time and barley even touch the jacket, only switch one hand and placed the gun. Can't seem to find any loose metal studs in the packaging, must've been a fabrication error maybe?

Just for the hell of it I e-mailed HT customer service about a missing stud. A few weeks later, they respond and tell me that unless you order from "Hot Toys official channels," then they can't help you with replacement issues. Apparently the only official channel they recognize in the U.S. is Sideshow. Just a heads up. I bought my Batman DX off of eBay when it first came out, and they replaced the body no problem, so this might be a policy change.

Although Im not all up in arms ovber the DX anymore it would be nice to see a T2 BD T-800 get thE DX treatment. Mainly because theres so much he could come with.
Gatlin gun,Grenade launcher,bandolier,detachable arm, 2 BD heads(one severe,one minor), some kinda kick ass stand maybe to resemble the steel mill at the end etc. And of course he'd have a light up eye.

It is in the works according to a little birdy... I forget where I read this but it was posted somewhere here on the board.

It is in the works according to a little birdy... I forget where I read this but it was posted somewhere here on the board.

Believe it when I see it. Lately all I'm hearing and seeing from HT is Iron Man, Iron Man, Iron Man, Johnny Depp, Iron Man, Iron Man. What I'm looking for is technically an Iron Man too but not the marvel character. :lol

Just for the hell of it I e-mailed HT customer service about a missing stud. A few weeks later, they respond and tell me that unless you order from "Hot Toys official channels," then they can't help you with replacement issues. Apparently the only official channel they recognize in the U.S. is Sideshow. Just a heads up. I bought my Batman DX off of eBay when it first came out, and they replaced the body no problem, so this might be a policy change.

Sometimes I get the impression from the DX02 mess Hot Toys really has no intention of making it right with customers.

I'd love to know the answer to Toys2. Considering it's a guy who's very close to Hot Toys/relations that owns the store... This behaviour of Hot Toys reminds me of British Telecom in some ways, the same goes for Microsoft help desk. Make life as hard as possible for you so you'll give up and never bother them but only care about money racking in. Yet at the same time you'll be pulling your nittin out.

It's sad to think back in the DX02 fiasco the only way lots of us here got them to budge was the exposure through Facebook. Emails went ignored until the Facebook bombardment. If it wasn't for that, it wouldn't have been a replacement. Would you not agree thats very sad? That's the only reason why I've felt so strongly regarding the DX02 mess. Just the fact Hot Toys don't give a rats ass unless they are pressured.

Sometimes I get the impression from the DX02 mess Hot Toys really has no intention of making it right with customers.

I'd love to know the answer to Toys2. Considering it's a guy who's very close to Hot Toys/relations that owns the store... This behaviour of Hot Toys reminds me of British Telecom in some ways, the same goes for Microsoft help desk. Make life as hard as possible for you so you'll give up and never bother them but only care about money racking in. Yet at the same time you'll be pulling your nittin out.

It's sad to think back in the DX02 fiasco the only way lots of us here got them to budge was the exposure through Facebook. Emails went ignored until the Facebook bombardment. If it wasn't for that, it wouldn't have been a replacement. Would you not agree thats very sad? That's the only reason why I've felt so strongly regarding the DX02 mess. Just the fact Hot Toys don't give a rats ass unless they are pressured.

Interesting. See I missed out on all that, I wasnt collecting Hot Toys then and I wasnt a board member when those figures came out. Ive heard there was an uproar about the DX02 I just wasnt sure how bad. Thats unfortunate that Hot Toys treated their customers in such a way especially when it was their fault. I dont have the DX02 but Id love to own one without the oil problems of course. I heard those things are still leaking :lol

That issue was discussed in the leaky abs thread quite a bit, but yes, it is true that HT didn't admit there was a problem (and didn't make attempts to correct this problem) until overwhelming evidence and mounting pressure forced them to do so. But, I don't know if I would call it sad. It is what most businesses would do in their situation. They're concerned about the bottom line, and figured they could save more money by sticking their head in the sand than by appeasing fans. Ultimately, they might have decided that that was the wrong approach.

You were right, those are great pics Fiend, can I call you Fiend? :D

That T2 endo arm looks very cool on the T1.

Yes you may:)

You like that huh? Yeah me too. I trying to come up with something different and that came to mind. I thought it would look cool with the BD head because that sculpt is so psycho. I got a few more pics Ill post them later. Thanks for the compliment :hi5:

That issue was discussed in the leaky abs thread quite a bit, but yes, it is true that HT didn't admit there was a problem (and didn't make attempts to correct this problem) until overwhelming evidence and mounting pressure forced them to do so. But, I don't know if I would call it sad. It is what most businesses would do in their situation. They're concerned about the bottom line, and figured they could save more money by sticking their head in the sand than by appeasing fans. Ultimately, they might have decided that that was the wrong approach.

Oh I agree with everything you just said. No doubt HT is looking after their best interest as a company that is what you do. It doesnt make it any less unfortunate. Thats funny I didnt know they actually denied that there was a problem. Thats the first Ive heard that. Alright back to Terminator.

Back