Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its very obvious that the first close up on the face the camera is very close to the face which cause a great deal of distortion whereas in the second picture the camera is further away but zoomed-in which is the best way to photograph something with the least distortion

This happens with soo many figures...Thor, Spidey, Wolverine...People _____ at the first sight of the first ____ty pics and then drool over the figure in a few weeks once tons of good pics have been seen and figure start showing up in hand...you'd think people would learn lol

This happens with soo many figures...Thor, Spidey, Wolverine...People _____ at the first sight of the first ____ty pics and then drool over the figure in a few weeks once tons of good pics have been seen and figure start showing up in hand...you'd think people would learn lol
Thor and Wolverine are ____ty sculpts.

do you have them?
No, because they're poor sculpts in even the best of photos :p

plus, i'm not just talking about the sculpts
The sculpt was really the only issue anyone had with this figure. And even OMG's photos don't restore much of a likeness to Evans. And to be honest, I think whatever lights OMG uses brings out details in the skin that aren't very apparent to the naked eye; I think Hot toys could stand to be a little less subtle with the paint apps they use on the face. I think that's part of why this sculpt looks like an untainted Ken doll head in poor photography.

I would have to totally disagree with that. They're pretty solid sculpts.

I agree. Thor especially! The only thing that hurt Thor IMO are the thin legs and arms. Wolverine is like 90% spot-on...the expression just throws it off. It still greatly captures the essence of Wolverine.

Wolverine looks great but that Thor head sculpt is just no good. It was the reason I decided to pass on the figure. I'll try my luck with the possible Avengers Thor... It will likely be far superior!

Guess I'm not too bright but I see the OBVIOUS and have COMMON SENSE, uggh this forum...

Hmm. I think wolverine looks nothing like Hugh Jackman and Thor looks like he's slipped into a vegetative state out of sheer boredom; not the expression I'd want from the God of thunder :dunno

A great thing about this sculpt is that there's some life in the eyes and a little bit of attitude in the expression, even if the resemblance to Evans is questionable.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I dig Thor and Wolveriene and am glad I have them. Can't wait to put Cap along side those figures and into my HT Marvel collection.

Back