Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor and Wolverine are ____ty sculpts.

I wouldn't agree with the exact terminology but I understand to a point.

Thor sculpt is solid (not mind blowing) but the overall presentation is limited. The suit restricts many true Thor like poses which killed the figure and prompted me to sell.

Wolverine sculpt isn't close to Jackman IMO however, the overall presentation captured the character's essence. That reason along with the many display options is why Wolverine is one of my favorite figures.

I don't have any problems with Cap's likeness thus far and I enjoy the range of posses which will certainly make him a favorite on my shelves.

Therefore, I consider more than grand slam sculpts when purchasing a figure.

D'oh, I got deleted.
What I meant to say was I disagree with the assertion that Thor and Wolverine are substandard sculpts. While not exact likenesses of the actors portraying said roles, they are solid representations of the characters they depict.

Is that better?

NSFW video.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Cimh_cfGU&feature=related[/ame]wolverine sculpt rocks !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D'oh, I got deleted.
What I meant to say was I disagree with the assertion that Thor and Wolverine are substandard sculpts. While not exact likenesses of the actors portraying said roles, they are solid representations of the characters they depict.

Is that better?
Makes total sense. I personally expect more though, especially when Hot Toys is touting "authentic likeness" and charging what they do. If Thor and wolverine were $99 figures I'd think they were ace :)

I wouldn't agree with the exact terminology but I understand to a point.

Thor sculpt is solid (not mind blowing) but the overall presentation is limited. The suit restricts many true Thor like poses which killed the figure and prompted me to sell.

Wolverine sculpt isn't close to Jackman IMO however, the overall presentation captured the character's essence. That reason along with the many display options is why Wolverine is one of my favorite figures.

I don't have any problems with Cap's likeness thus far and I enjoy the range of posses which will certainly make him a favorite on my shelves.

Therefore, I consider more than grand slam sculpts when purchasing a figure.

I agree! and I also got Thor! Thanks a ton!

Pics by LCX

1-6.jpg

4-5.jpg

9-4.jpg

14-4.jpg

18-2.jpg

21-2.jpg

23-1.jpg

24-1.jpg

25.jpg

27.jpg

i know its off topic but how can anyone say this is a ____ty head sculpt?? a bit boring, maybe, but not bad by any means...

it'll look perfect next to cap and IM

P1010005-1.jpg

It appears that the head is not a one piece head sculpt but rather two piece glued together. So maybe the ugly photo we saw is some mis-glue-ment lol

Back