Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I guess so. I'm still rooting for Cap & Skull but as you said, we never know what are they planning to do. Let's hope for the best. :)

With Bucky's inclusion in the film I would think its a safe bet that Winter Soldier will be in another film so there's a good possibility we could see a Bucky figure.
I think we'll get Cap, USO Cap, the skull and a Bucky figure.

To pre-order or not pre-order? Im afraid this will not look like the proto pictures. It's not sold out so there is time to wait for in hand pictures.

To pre-order or not pre-order? Im afraid this will not look like the proto pictures. It's not sold out so there is time to wait for in hand pictures.

It probably won't. It'll probably look better. ;)

I honestly can't recall the last time a finished HT product looked discernibly worse than the proto. If anything, they tend to (albeit slightly) improve. Fear not, True Believer; Your faith will likely be rewarded. :)

That's canon in the comics. Captain America's first shield is made from only a bulletproof alloy. It was by no means, indestructible. Only the second/current shield is "indestructible"... made of an adamantium steel-vibranium alloy. Damn, I'm such a nerd!

I hate how people get categorized like that. Your're not a nerd simply because you are well informed on his background. In my opinion, the term nerd is used by people who know they cannot live up to the particular persons knowledge base, so they try to degrade it out of ignorance and stupidity. Plus, if that was the case, then everyone would be a nerd based on what they knew the most about. They could be a:

Football Nerd, Basketball Nerd, Baseball nerd, UFC nerd, Wrestling nerd, Superhero nerd, sex nerd lol, alcohol nerd, cigarette nerd, math nerd, car nerd, water nerd, soda nerd, club nerd, drug nerd, crime nerd (continue forverer):)

Anyhow, thank you for the background about his shields, because I did not know about it.

i loathe the movie costume, but somehow ht has magically made the 1/6 replica looks beautiful. hard to resist this one.

if only they dont not hold out evans face sculpt for the uso version.

What i read is that it will retain it's title of "Captain America: The First Avenger" in all countries but three, which it will simply be called "The First Avenger" due to anti american issues in the three countries.

Apparently this is now going back to just "Captain America" and ditching the first avenger line for most countries around the world.

Magnuz is correct. "The First Avenger" will still be the subtitle. And Marvel left it up to each country whether or not to use "Captain America" at all. So far, only 3-4 are using just "The First Avenger". Most realize the character is iconic and his name will sell more tickets, even with the Yankee name in the title.

i loathe the movie costume, but somehow ht has magically made the 1/6 replica looks beautiful. hard to resist this one.

if only they dont not hold out evans face sculpt for the uso version.

How can you Loathe the costume?! Its perfect. It's the equivalent to TDK's tactical batman outfit. I really think Marvel nailed the look and feel of this movie. (Believe me... you wouldn't want a 1/6th version if it didn't look great)

What i read is that it will retain it's title of "Captain America: The First Avenger" in all countries but three, which it will simply be called "The First Avenger" due to anti american issues in the three countries.
In those three countries, will they pretend he's dressed in red, white and blue because he's French? :p

In those three countries, will they pretend he's dressed in red, white and blue because he's French? :p

captain-americas-forehead-does-not-stand-for-france.jpg

How can you Loathe the costume?! Its perfect. It's the equivalent to TDK's tactical batman outfit. I really think Marvel nailed the look and feel of this movie. (Believe me... you wouldn't want a 1/6th version if it didn't look great)

Eh. There was one comic book version recently that did the perfect job of creating a real world version of Cap's costume. Anyone know from what series? This one's okay, but I'm bothered by some of the details like the harness stitching in grey and that it goes across to the shoulder pads, and the quilting patterns on the abdomen and shoulders. And the helmet. Close, but the comic one was better.

However, there's something about the figure that makes me completely disregard all those nitpicks in the design. It just looks fantastic in 1:6 scale.

Eh. There was one comic book version recently that did the perfect job of creating a real world version of Cap's costume. Anyone know from what series? This one's okay, but I'm bothered by some of the details like the harness stitching in grey and that it goes across to the shoulder pads, and the quilting patterns on the abdomen and shoulders. And the helmet. Close, but the comic one was better.

However, there's something about the figure that makes me completely disregard all those nitpicks in the design. It just looks fantastic in 1:6 scale.

I had some of the same nitpicks with the First Avenger costume. But it's grown on me. Besides, the modern one (THE AVENGERS) looks like it will be a lot better and closer to his classic look:

Avengers-poster.jpg

Almost looks like Cap is wearing sneakers in that Avengers poster. Hope that's not the case - like the upcoming Spider-man re-boot (no pun intended).

Is Hulk Naked in that image ?. Following the waist line is cant see and of the trade mark torn pants (trousers for the rest of the world). Thor seems to be coving him up.

Not the first thing I saw, but once I looked over the picture properly I was drawn to it.

EDIT - Is is also 100% confirmed we will have no War Machine in Avengers ?. May sell my WM to make a little money to get cap easier.

Almost looks like Cap is wearing sneakers in that Avengers poster. Hope that's not the case - like the upcoming Spider-man re-boot (no pun intended).

You can see it going up to about mid-calf if you look close enough..sneakers would be so dumb...unless they were Chuck Taylors :D

Is Hulk Naked in that image ?. Following the waist line is cant see and of the trade mark torn pants (trousers for the rest of the world). Thor seems to be coving him up.

Not the first thing I saw, but once I looked over the picture properly I was drawn to it.

EDIT - Is is also 100% confirmed we will have no War Machine in Avengers ?. May sell my WM to make a little money to get cap easier.

he used to be listed on IMDB but isnt anymore..l.it was rumored that they are making a War Machine movie...which I would love...imagine all the awesome figures we'd get!

They look like a full boot to me (with laces, probably) it just looks like it doesn't come up high because of the perspective.

As for the First Avenger costume, I love it. And I love Sideshow's toy of it. I'll probably get an Avengers Cap too when they make one, but there's something about the more militaristic feel of this one that just makes a great figure.

You can see it going up to about mid-calf if you look close enough..sneakers would be so dumb...unless they were Chuck Taylors :D

he used to be listed on IMDB but isnt anymore..l.it was rumored that they are making a War Machine movie...which I would love...imagine all the awesome figures we'd get!

Not read to much in to WM but IMO anything Marvel is just gold. I do like the twist he represents on IM.

Reading that I am unsure on what to do with my WM now. I was set on just having an Avengers shelf and selling WM to get some money back, but if he may see the light again having the original may be a nice feature to my case.

-

Cant wait to see Cap. Not read any comics growing up due to not being available but the past years I have just got so hyped for Marvel. What I see in animation,movies and the "wiki" style info pages I have become a huge fan.

I really wish 18 years ago I have access to the comics, now its just to daunting to get them all. Every character has soooooooo many issues now.

Back