Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost never want more than one version of a character on my shelves, but I'm breaking my rule with Cap. I have the First Avenger figure and I pre-ordered a stealth suit figure as well. Just too cool not to. FA Cap will be getting a civilian Rogers head.

sounds good, that head is THE best Evans sculpt I have ever seen and would do any cap figure justice

Actually the civilian head I'm thinking of is this one...

Rogers.jpg

I don't know if it's a custom or a bootleg of some existing sculpt, but it's my favorite out of the Rogers heads that I've seen. It's been on ebay for awhile and some online stores have it too, so I'll be picking one up. I like it a little better than the civilian head that comes with the Winter Soldier two-pack, and as I had no need for an extra body or civilian clothes I decided to just order the stealth suit Cap instead of the two-pack.

I almost never want more than one version of a character on my shelves, but I'm breaking my rule with Cap. I have the First Avenger figure and I pre-ordered a stealth suit figure as well. Just too cool not to. FA Cap will be getting a civilian Rogers head.

As soon as thor and cap get here I'll end up with doubles of a character so we will see how this goes. I don't see myself selling any of the ones I have though

As soon as thor and cap get here I'll end up with doubles of a character so we will see how this goes. I don't see myself selling any of the ones I have though

I have been trying to figure out how to narrow my figures down as well. I wanted 1 for each character but with Cap and Iron Man it is real hard. I wanted their first suits as that is when they became heroes for me then I figured I would keep one more suit to represent the character. Picking the one other than rescue is easy for Cap (at the moment) but IM is giving me a lot of trouble - way too many to choose from.:slap

Doubles only work for me if the look is significantly different. Stealth Cap and FA Cap are significantly different, especially since I'll be using that civilian head on FA Cap. Characters like Thor and Black Widow, though--for them I'll just buy the one with the best headsculpt. (Which means, for me, the upcoming Dark World Thor and TWS Widow.) Iron Man of course is an exception and I've just gotten started on him. I pre-ordered the Silver Centurion armor and I'm looking to pick up a few more different armors. Unfortunately coming late to the party means ebay prices, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

Actually the civilian head I'm thinking of is this one...

View attachment 115989

I don't know if it's a custom or a bootleg of some existing sculpt, but it's my favorite out of the Rogers heads that I've seen. It's been on ebay for awhile and some online stores have it too, so I'll be picking one up. I like it a little better than the civilian head that comes with the Winter Soldier two-pack, and as I had no need for an extra body or civilian clothes I decided to just order the stealth suit Cap instead of the two-pack.

I really like that head, it's the one that I used for my Super Soldier custom.

super soldier.jpg

I have been trying to figure out how to narrow my figures down as well. I wanted 1 for each character but with Cap and Iron Man it is real hard. I wanted their first suits as that is when they became heroes for me then I figured I would keep one more suit to represent the character. Picking the one other than rescue is easy for Cap (at the moment) but IM is giving me a lot of trouble - way too many to choose from.:slap

I'm such a huge avengers fan that I can have doubles of those and be happy. But for any other line I would sell and buy the new ones

Doubles only work for me if the look is significantly different. Stealth Cap and FA Cap are significantly different, especially since I'll be using that civilian head on FA Cap. Characters like Thor and Black Widow, though--for them I'll just buy the one with the best headsculpt. (Which means, for me, the upcoming Dark World Thor and TWS Widow.) Iron Man of course is an exception and I've just gotten started on him. I pre-ordered the Silver Centurion armor and I'm looking to pick up a few more different armors. Unfortunately coming late to the party means ebay prices, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

Im similar to you, new to the party and so my first Hot Toyss after looking at them for so long will be Silver Centurion followed by the Stealth/Civilian 2 pack.

Im already planning on doubling up as the AoU Cap looks great and IM if anything like the set photos should look great. As for the other Avengers I will just buy 1 and only 1 for a definitive look.

Ive set myself a rule of only buying the current releases so not to pay jacked up prices but may skip back for Coulson (I was saying it would be the Mark 7 but im not paying that much for a toy) and if there are none left at retail by the time I can afford it the WS BW.

Oh man I kinda get what you mean. Sometimes chicks think I'm too geeky when they see all the Marvel and superhero stuff in my room. It's great when chicks geek out on things. It's adorable and hope to meet one soon! :D

best of luck, my friend

hope you find the one your looking for

Well he just needs to get over that :lol I feel sorry for the poor dude that takes an interest in me. Boy is he in for a rude awakening. I kind of feel like I need a marvel fanatic to be happy tho...

It's always great to have someone who shares your passion. Hope you find someone like that soon! Good luck!

Don't get me wrong I could keep them all without a problem - it is space and money forcing me to at least try and be selective :rotfl

I hear you on that one. I bought a 3 bedroom house just to have an extra room for my collection. I've been holding onto Star Wars stuff since 1977, so between that and getting these Avengers figures i'm kind of out of room again. I even grabbed a weekend job to help pay for some of it. Everyone needs a hobby.

Ive set myself a rule of only buying the current releases so not to pay jacked up prices...

Yeah, I'd love to be able to stick to that sort of goal but there are certain past releases that I love and am not certain they'll ever revisit. I want the Mark 1 Iron Man armor and they've done it twice--I doubt they'll do it again. I want a Ledger Joker and a Reeve Superman as well, and while Ledger Joker could be revisited yet again, Reeve Superman has next to no chance. Thankfully I'm not in any way a completist so I just cherry pick characters I like--for example, I have no desire to own a Hawkeye or a Hulk even though I liked the Avengers, and I don't need a Falcon even though I loved The Winter Soldier.

Back