1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Every Batman movie the last 10+ years has been aping TDKR in some way
There's a big difference between taking some cues and what this film appears to be doing. Everything from the looks of both Bat suits, the plot about Batman and Superman fighting (that's half the story of The Dark Knight Returns), Affleck's Batman being older and possibly in retirement prior to the events of Man of Steel, Batman using a sniper rifle (something directly out of that story), etc.

Really the only film I'd say before this one that really drew much from The Dark Knight Returns was The Dark Knight Rises but it went about things quite differently and the only real similarity is that Batman returned after a period of inactivity.

To me The Dark Knight Returns is one of the worst stories to draw inspiration from. I personally don't like it and I realize I'm in the minority on that but really it's not the best example of a true Batman story despite the praise many like to give it. In many ways it's really an anti-Batman story and in my mind only really works as an elseworlds story which isn't a good basis for the character as part of the larger DC Cinematic Universe.

Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

There's a big difference between taking some cues and what this film appears to be doing. Everything from the looks of both Bat suits, the plot about Batman and Superman fighting (that's half the story of The Dark Knight Returns), Affleck's Batman being older and possibly in retirement prior to the events of Man of Steel, Batman using a sniper rifle (something directly out of that story), etc.

Really the only film I'd say before this one that really drew much from The Dark Knight Returns was The Dark Knight Rises but it went about things quite differently and the only real similarity is that Batman returned after a period of inactivity.

To me The Dark Knight Returns is one of the worst stories to draw inspiration from. I personally don't like it and I realize I'm in the minority on that but really it's not the best example of a true Batman story despite the praise many like to give it. In many ways it's really an anti-Batman story and in my mind only really works as an elseworlds story which isn't a good basis for the character as part of the larger DC Cinematic Universe.

I think The Dark Knight Returns influence on BvS will be pretty minimal in the end. Visually, it certainly looks like they've taken things straight from the pages of the book, and yes Affleck's Batman is a bit older, but I don't think it will have much in common with the story or themes from the book.

I think The Dark Knight Returns influence on BvS will be pretty minimal in the end. Visually, it certainly looks like they've taken things straight from the pages of the book, and yes Affleck's Batman is a bit older, but I don't think it will have much in common with the story or themes from the book.

Hopefully they just use whatever they used for Zod's armor and that will keep it below $300. Although, if it's coming with that bat-signal it will definitely be over $300. What's the general consensus on the bat-signal? I can't imagine HT will sell it by itself, but maybe I'm wrong.

Hopefully they just use whatever they used for Zod's armor and that will keep it below $300. Although, if it's coming with that bat-signal it will definitely be over $300. What's the general consensus on the bat-signal? I can't imagine HT will sell it by itself, but maybe I'm wrong.

i would imagine ht will sell the signal seperately coz they're all about the mooolah...

hot-toys-interviews04.jpg

If they sell the Batsignal with the Armoured Bats, it would be a pretty pricey set, however they might do a similar 2 pack like the TFA Finn and Riot Trooper. Have the Armoured Bats sold either seperately or in a 2 pack with the Batsignal and make the signal cheaper in the set than it would be as a single release. Say $450 for the set, $300 for the single Armoured Bats, so the signal is $150, but would be more than that if it was sold on its own.

I'm wondering when they'll put this up. I'm waiting to see the prices of this before jumping on the regular Batfleck. I really like the nightmare version and if all of this ships in similar spans then the regular gets the ax.

I'm definitely leaning toward just getting this Batman figure from the movie. I'm not sold on the regular version of the suit. Nightmare version might twist my arm though.

If this was die cast only half of it would be, because it would weigh a ton. :lol

More like 10-percent, if that, like RoboCop. :lol

I can't wait for this to go up for PO, not just because of price but because of materials used. Will HT go with Zod-type armor (I'm guessing it was plastic?) and price this at $250 to $275 or will it try to extend its diecast line and price this at $300 or more?

I hope that they really play up the intimidation and terror factor in the new movie, because that is one imposing mofo.

Not digging the mouth piece on this one as much as the regular bats. You definitely can't tell that's affleck in there like you can the other. Hopefully they work on that. Either way I won't be passing on this one.

Not digging the mouth piece on this one as much as the regular bats. You definitely can't tell that's affleck in there like you can the other. Hopefully they work on that. Either way I won't be passing on this one.

Is this one better?

that's just freaky :rotfl

Bet this will have zero diecast.

Unlike regular and Apocalypse Bats, this bears no likeness to Affleck. I'm guessing it was a rush job for Toy Soul? Or HT was going off of early concept art?

Back