1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

I just feel like the prices have gone crazy lately. This is big and bulky and with light-up effect. I don't see it being less than 300. I hope it's way less. 250 would be sweet. I don't think it's die cast, but I hope it is. That would be SO cool

Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Meh, not a fan of did cast. It just adds unneccessary weight and cost to the figure. It doesn't improve the look of the figure at all.

The diecast Ironman is around $350, so might be where the price will be. Is this diecast or plastic?

yeah i was thinking around $350.

People keep talking about the price increase, but have they really gone up all that much? Look at something like the DX09 Keaton Batman. Wasn't that $240 when that came out? How about the DX12 Bale Batman? That was $260. The single Batman Returns figure is $219. Regular Affleck Batman is $235. It's less then the DX09 and DX12 were a few years ago. Even look at the Christopher Reeve Superman. That was $210 when that came. The BvS Cavill Superman is the same price now several years later. And I said earlier, look at figures like General Zod or Mark 1 Iron Man. Both comparable figures to the Armored Batman and both were way under $300. As long as it's not diecast or doesn't come with the batsignal I'd expect more of the same.

The diecast Ironman is around $350, so might be where the price will be. Is this diecast or plastic?

Nobody knows yet. So far, the only diecast figures from HT have been Iron Men and RoboCop. diecast – Hot Toys Complete Checklist

The safe bet is plastic but who knows? :dunno

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

Meh, not a fan of did cast. It just adds unneccessary weight and cost to the figure. It doesn't improve the look of the figure at all.

Agreed. This NEED NOT be die-cast. Iron Monger is a proof that HT can make metal-looking armors in plastic. Apart from an excuse to charge more with die-cast, heavier armor would also mean the need for a base body designed to carry the weight especially when posed, and that might mean more reason to charge more.

No Die-Cast insignia on the name plate of this figure though, so that might be indicative that it's not.

People keep talking about the price increase, but have they really gone up all that much? Look at something like the DX09 Keaton Batman. Wasn't that $240 when that came out? How about the DX12 Bale Batman? That was $260. The single Batman Returns figure is $219. Regular Affleck Batman is $235. It's less then the DX09 and DX12 were a few years ago. Even look at the Christopher Reeve Superman. That was $210 when that came. The BvS Cavill Superman is the same price now several years later. And I said earlier, look at figures like General Zod or Mark 1 Iron Man. Both comparable figures to the Armored Batman and both were way under $300. As long as it's not diecast or doesn't come with the batsignal I'd expect more of the same.

Sorry buddy, but IMO that's a comparison that's a bit misleading. The fact that Regular figures are now nearing the DX prices from 3 years ago shows that the prices indeed have risen a lot. When DX09 came out, regular figures (ie, non-DX) were about 170-190. Well maybe the production materials have gone up, perhaps the licnesing costs too, but yup, HT's SRP have gone up a lot, like about $50 in about 3 years.

This sure is a nice statue.

No reason this figure should cost more then $250-275 range.

Sorry buddy, but IMO that's a comparison that's a bit misleading. The fact that Regular figures are now nearing the DX prices from 3 years ago shows that the prices indeed have risen a lot. When DX09 came out, regular figures (ie, non-DX) were about 170-190. Well maybe the production materials have gone up, perhaps the licnesing costs too, but yup, HT's SRP have gone up a lot, like about $50 in about 3 years.

I'd argue that some of these figures are still "DX", but just without the actual "DX" title. As far as I can tell, what seemed to separate DX from regular figures was the PERS system, and the bigger boxes. The bigger boxes might be gone, but PERS is still being used with these "regular" figures. The Returns Batman has it, the Affleck Batman looks to have some new, evolved form of PERS where you can swap out the eyes. So, while these figures aren't "DX", they still feature comparable accessories, functions, and similar prices to figures from several years ago imo.

Sorry guys. On my end, the figures have gone up in price, but that is due to the stronger dollar.

On the other hand, Scarlet Witch, a pretty plain figure is 230 USD. Three years ago, that would have been 170 USD

As far as design goes, this really reminds me of the Zod figure, so I hope like him, this Armoured Bats has some nice articulation.

Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Fi...

In the case of Iron Man, I felt the original plastic versions felt too cheap and flimsy for a $200+ collectible - not much different to the Hasbro ones that were a tenth of the price. Of course they were more intricate, but still ...

Weight has no visual presence on the shelf, so I don't care if these only weighed a few ounces if they look perfect. Heck, with the rising shipping costs, non-die cast is the better move just based on that savings right there.

I get people do associate weight with expensive, but it just isn't always true, look at carbon fiber. I personally dread moving die cast figure because of their unusual weight. I know what to expect when handling a regular 1:6 figure but the die casts always take me by surprise and I have to reassess my grip or handling to compensate for the heavier item.

I imagine this figure will have some good weight to it even if it's plastic. The Zod figure has some good weight to it and feels pretty solid and I imagine this figure will be similar.

I also equate this to Zod. Cloth underneath, bulky armor, big helmet and a face sculpt. I expect the price to be around the same as Zod's, maybe around 250. The only reason this would reach the 300 range is pure greed. Having said that, if it came as a 2 pack with the bat signal, I would definitely buy it as a 2pack.
I don't care for die cast and never did. I only bought figures in die cast because they were only available in that way.
There's no way I am missing out on this figure.

Ideally this figure should go for around $250-$270 but I think it'll be over $300, just because they can.
People want it and it will sell.

Yeah, HT knows people want this figure so badly so they'll overprice it.

I figured the impending price on this will probably be too rich for my blood, so I picked this up instead. Gotta be honest, the Batman figure has got to be one of the best Lego Mini-Figs I've seen in a while.
FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Back