1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm I keep seeing that people had trouble with the shield ... I didn't at all. Sure it wasn't as easy as AOU Cap but it wasn't all that tough either ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had trouble, but it wasn't attaching the actual shield that gave me trouble per se; it was more the fact that the hole in the hand to attach it to the wrist peg is pretty deep in the hand and the hole in the arm of the figure to attach the wrist peg is slightly buried up in the sleeve of the suit, so it made it difficult to try and attach the hand to the wrist peg while the hand was gripping the shield.

I detached the hand, slid one strap over his forearm and put the other strap in his hand, then attached the hand to the arm.

I had trouble, but it wasn't attaching the actual shield that gave me trouble per se; it was more the fact that the hole in the hand to attach it to the wrist peg is pretty deep in the hand and the hole in the arm of the figure to attach the wrist peg is slightly buried up in the sleeve of the suit, so it made it difficult to try and attach the hand to the wrist peg while the hand was gripping the shield.

I detached the hand, slid one strap over his forearm and put the other strap in his hand, then attached the hand to the arm.

Ahhh I see .. what I do is the reverse. I start by putting the peg in the hand first and then go from there.

I do that whenever switching hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More photos:
5.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

20161024_115953.jpg

This is me at UPS I was a little "bothersome" evidently when it came to tracking my package

These guys kicked the **** out of my package

Im calling Sideshow right now

How were you bothersome when it came to tracking your package? Were you continuously calling them or something?

I just didnt want them to leave it in the rain I asked if I could intercept the package etc

I had to wait all weekend and the guy came out from the UPS store I had it sent to and was like (basically ) "here's your ****"

I was like dang where's SVU when you need them

I just didnt want them to leave it in the rain I asked if I could intercept the package etc

I had to wait all weekend and the guy came out from the UPS store I had it sent to and was like (basically ) "here's your ****"

I was like dang where's SVU when you need them

That's terrible... I mean I can understand how a ding here and there may occur during shipping, but for it to come looking crushed like that? The shippers are pretty firm. Looks like someone did an overheard medicine ball slam. I'm an art box person so this hurts me lol.

No kidding. For it to be that damaged, it almost seems like they were intentionally attempting to damage it.
They probably did it to spite the guy.

Again, with no background as to what actually happened from both sides, hard to come up with a conclusion. Just speculation [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got him in today! Love this fig so far! I did have to glue one of the straps on the shield down, because a clasp where the strap loops through was broken. Sucks to have that right out of the box, but was a quick fix, and not even visible once done.

Quick pic of him. May change the pose later, but I'm good with this for now.

cwarcap.jpg

Great picture! Seems many people are having issues with this shield breaking right out of the box.

That's disappointing ! I didn't have any troubles with the WS version, and I have the 2 pack. Both shields were perfect. Wonder what's going on here? Not making any excuses, this isn't the first time I've had to fix something, but I guess it's better than worrying about the paint flaking off. There are worse things!

Decided to remove the avengers logo on the shoulders but there is a little bit of glue residue, not too much but is there a way of removing it? Tried a qtip with water but didnt help much.

Back