1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still don't think this is a great release, not liking the cape at all. And the problem with that cape is it looks really static even though it looks like it's in motion also, just pretty jarring, especially because the Batman they made looks very stoic and stiff, he doesn't really work in the sense that he's contorting himself so the overall look is just quite naff. My only complaint really with Hot Toys, aside from making their slim characters too stupidly slim (Deadpool, Spiderman), is that their capes tend to be quite crap (the stocks are fine for BvS Batman when flattened to the body, but they just never drape).

But hopefully those that missed BvS will enjoy it!

You redeemed yourself on that last sentence [emoji23][emoji23] yeah i missed the bvs so to me this is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You redeemed yourself on that last sentence [emoji23][emoji23] yeah i missed the bvs so to me this is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, yeah, I thought I'd add it in to not sound like an arse! :rotfl

I mean I can't see anyone that already owns a Batman from BvS wanting one and not just getting a Jaxon cape or something for it because honestly, for this being resold as the cape being the main feature... it's not a very nice looking one!

I mean I can't see anyone that already owns a Batman from BvS wanting one and not just getting a Jaxon cape or something
This is where it becomes are you a DC fan or a Batman fan. If you are a DC fan id assume most people would buy from every line. However if i was a Batman fan strictly, id totally have to get the Suicide Squad version. You can have it uniform with Harley, Joker, Deadshot ect other Batman characters. I wouldnt like to display the BVS base ( and/or box ) with the Suicide Squad characters if possible. I think the Batman-Joker pairing is still more iconic than Batman-Superman even though in the recent iteration of movies it isnt the case.

Once in a while theres a figure I like so much that I want to have a double/back up piece of. BvS is one of those so while I wasn't able to get a second BvS, I jumped on this and even better as it's slightly different rather than having an exact double.

Once I get this batman, he will be posed (articulated cape trying to be dynamic as possible) with superman, facing each other. My bvs batman will then be posed holding the sniper.

TimCent has him for $368. Is that going to be the going rate or will the stocks rise? The BvS exclusive was going for that much on release.

Still don't think this is a great release, not liking the cape at all. And the problem with that cape is it looks really static even though it looks like it's in motion also, just pretty jarring, especially because the Batman they made looks very stoic and stiff, he doesn't really work in the sense that he's contorting himself so the overall look is just quite naff. My only complaint really with Hot Toys, aside from making their slim characters too stupidly slim (Deadpool, Spiderman), is that their capes tend to be quite crap (the stocks are fine for BvS Batman when flattened to the body, but they just never drape).

But hopefully those that missed BvS will enjoy it!

The definition of Batman is "stoic with a dynamic fluttering cape" :wink1:
Don't hate because you could not get one. :)

:lol

Pretty good description.

No the stock won't rise, it's a limited edition of only 4,000 only. That's the whole reason I bought it too
Hot Toys sure does like to re-release "improved" updates of figures. Who knows? Maybe we'll get a Die Cast BvS Batman soon with googly eyes and spring loaded missile launcher, voice chip where he screams Martha's name, asks if you can bleed, etc.

This was definitely the strangest pre-order I have made...was able to get the BvS version by waiting on the Sideshow waitlist and after the angst of waiting and finally getting it I could not stand the idea of there being a superior version out there and having mine become the consolation prize...

I've personally never really been a fan of wired capes. I don't loathe them, but I've always personally preferred capes that just drape freely. Wired ones usually come across to me as a bit too embellished and statue-like.

They're good for dynamic posing, but for museum to subtle action poses, they're not very ideal.

I've personally never really been a fan of wired capes. I don't loathe them, but I've always personally preferred capes that just drape freely. Wired ones usually come across to me as a bit too embellished and statue-like.

They're good for dynamic posing, but for museum to subtle action poses, they're not very ideal.

Yep, the different options cater to different people's needs.

I can't figure out why anyone would do "this vs that" mentality with them though.

The definition of Batman is "stoic with a dynamic fluttering cape" :wink1:
Don't hate because you could not get one. :)

I don't haha, I have two of the BvS Batman's already, not bragging about it, but I was never intending to get this one because I don't think it looks great with the cape which is the selling point if you already own one. What I meant that so far, with the cape, all the poses I've seen it in look really bad, and I don't think there's any pose it can be in that it'll look good.:)

Just to clarify I never intended to buy this, it's not out of jealousy haha. Just every picture I've seen it in I think it looks bad with the cape is all, sorry if that's being negative, not trying to make anyone feel bad about it, I'm glad that those who missed BvS one will get a chance to have it !

I beg to differ sdcc2017-sideshow-65.jpg

Back