1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Figure

$252 is a pretty decent price for all the headsculpts and extra accessories you get with this set. I mean wasn't the DoFP Wolverine $250 on it's own with nothing?

The first StarLord Exclusive was $235 and didn't have as many extras as this has, so it is pretty reasonably priced I must say.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pre-Ordered with $42 in savings including the bonus RP which expires around the time I go to the movie..

The next question will be whether to get the rest or not.. BBTS is the only place I know still selling the movie 1 figures aside from original Star-Lord. I still think Gamora looks better with full sleeves regardless of the rubber arm issue (I've had no probs with my Matrix and Thor yet). Rocket would be cheaper. But really, the only reasons to not go for the complete Vol 2 lineup, and pick and mix instead are... Rocket is cheaper, and Vol 2 is a heavy price to swallow, and there is no guarantee we'll see Vol 2 Drax (although photo teases indicate otherwise... although we know how that turned out). If we do see Vol 2 Drax, as said before it could be at least 1-2 years after Vol 1 ships.
I have original Rocket and Groot from the first film and the ex StarLord, but I'm thinking of skipping V1 Drax for now and I never picked up Gamora because I was waiting for a price drop and then suddenly it was sold out lol.

I am looking at picking up this Deluxe StarLord, Deluxe Rocket because I love the jetpack and little Groot with him and then V2 Gamora and Drax. Drax is an odd one because it took so long to go up for preorder, but I can't imagine they'll take so long with a V2 version.

Honestly I'd be fine with an addition to the V1 Drax that could make it both versions in one. Probably too late for that now, but it is a shame there's such a time gap with Drax and the first set. If it had been up for preorder when the first one's were, I would have bought all of them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No side view of this figure? Guess Hot Toys up to their old hiding the ugly neck joint trick.

Preordered the standard with my $20 march code. Love the short jacket look with the helmet and won't display him any other way so skipped the deluxe. Seems like I'm the only one ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the long jacket look from the 1st film so the deluxe has me intrigued. The fact that it's an exclusive though makes me wonder how much he wears the long jacket look in the new film. If he wears the short jacket more i am not sure if it worth getting the ex. I have the ex po'ed on bbts for now just in case but i can always use rp later to get it from ssc for way less.

I like the long jacket look from the 1st film so the deluxe has me intrigued. The fact that it's an exclusive though makes me wonder how much he wears the long jacket look in the new film. If he wears the short jacket more i am not sure if it worth getting the ex. I have the ex po'ed on bbts for now just in case but i can always use rp later to get it from ssc for way less.

I don't think he wears he long jacket much as the short one is present in most trailer shots and stills. For me though, I didn't get v1 Star Lord so wanted the long jacket and the short one, in a funny way, is the bonus for me as I am getting the long one I wanted with the Deluxe edition!

I don't think he wears he long jacket much as the short one is present in most trailer shots and stills. For me though, I didn't get v1 Star Lord so wanted the long jacket and the short one, in a funny way, is the bonus for me as I am getting the long one I wanted with the Deluxe edition!

Hmm you make a good point, with the deluxe both looks are possible. It's like having 2 figures. Wonder how much he wears that red long sleeve now lol. I don't like the idea of swapping shirts too much, sounds a pain.

Is there an exclusive side show version of this or is the version on bbts and side show same? Just caught up on this thread and trying to understand if the exclusive part is a deluxe part or a sideshow exclusive part?

Is there an exclusive side show version of this or is the version on bbts and side show same? Just caught up on this thread and trying to understand if the exclusive part is a deluxe part or a sideshow exclusive part?

No Sideshow exclusive. Just standard and deluxe.

Just ordered the deluxe with a $20 code that expires this weekend! After missing out on vol 1 this is a pretty sweet set.

Gah, just when I thought I was getting out. Really nice package overall

What's the March code? Was that an individual based code?

What's the March code? Was that an individual based code?

The one-use codes that come on packages during March which just expired.

I was trying to slow down but with this and all of the other new SW releases it's going to be another tough year.
Ordered the deluxe since I missed the original.

tumblr_mvm6c646Ao1ra8x1ao1_500.gif

I was planning on getting him but then HT went ahead and showed off Jedi Luke and Hoth Leia...

Priorities :lol

seeing as to how it will be a full year until release I ordered Starlord Deluxe, Rocket Deluxe and DD Punisher using my rewards, bring on the new Gamora Hot Toys

Back