Hot Toys Predator: Jungle Hunter 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to see them make separate unmasked headsculpts like Prime 1 did, so we don't have those ugly seams on the mandibles.
I agree as well as they should be able to make the unmasked sculpt with accurate quills along with no seams on the mandibles.

Also should include a detailed bio helmet that doesn’t have those ugly mandibles at the lower section for displaying when unmasked and a whole another sculpt with the bio helmet on.

In saying all of this I doubt Hot Toys will do any of it

The figure needs a complete overhaul but at the very least Hot Toys should make these changes:

-Create a movie accurate head with quills and magnets for the mask and mandibles -> also introduce middle beads for the dreads! How was this missed? Who needs a CLASSIC Predator BD mask? When was that in 1987?
-Reshape the knee pads to be more rounded
-Fix the oversized skull trophies (even reusing JH 1.0 would be better!)
-Fix the oversized loin cloth
-Fix the inaccurate wrist blades (need to be straighter and reshaped)
-Paint and weather correctly
-Computer gauntlet should be removeable or at least rotate
-Remake hands with proper expressions or at least introduce a gripping hand
-Make the med kit removable - ideally make one that opens and has surgical tools like the CH
-Scrap or simplify the base to allow for better resource management - its an artistic interpretation including several movie accurate accessories but is a waste considering all the problems

Ultimately these changes would help significantly but it would still be unsatisfying. The next step would be to remake all armour portions and introduce a proper bubble gut. Really they should remake the body and armour from scratch along with everything else. The only thing they really improved on was the plasma caster which is unacceptable.

If HT can make a whole new Alien Romulus figure they should do the same for the Jungle Hunter. Predator is popular again and now so is Alien - they go hand in hand with each other. A sloppy entirely reused figure referred to as a "2.0" will not sell and reflects terribly on them. The reused Samurai Predator is somewhat understandable but this is out of line.

Last edited:
The figure needs a complete overhaul but at the very least Hot Toys should make these changes:

-Create a movie accurate head with quills and magnets for the mask and mandibles -> also introduce middle beads for the dreads! How was this missed? Who needs a CLASSIC Predator BD mask? When was that in 1987?
-Reshape the knee pads to be more rounded
-Fix the oversized skull trophies (even reusing JH 1.0 would be better!)
-Fix the oversized loin cloth
-Fix the inaccurate wrist blades (need to be straighter and reshaped)
-Paint and weather correctly
-Computer gauntlet should be removeable or at least rotate
-Remake hands with proper expressions or at least introduce a gripping hand
-Introduce a removable med kit
-Scrap or simplify the base to allow for better resource management - its an artistic imterpretation including several movie accurate accessories but is a waste considering all the problems

Ultimately these changes would help significantly but it would still be unsatisfying. The next step would be to remake all armour portions and introduce a proper bubble gut. Really they should remake the body and armour from scratch along with everything else. The only thing they really improved on was the plasma caster which is a joke.

If HT can make a whole new Alien Romulus figure they should do the same for the Jungle Hunter. Predator is popular again and now so is Alien - they go hand to hand with each other. A sloppy entirely reused figure referred to as a "2.0" will not sell and reflects terribly on them. The reused Samurai Predator is somewhat understandable but this is out of line.
These would be GREAT. I wonder if they'll ever make it at least 39 cm tall (isn't Jungle Hunter supposed to be + 230 cm?)

These would be GREAT. I wonder if they'll ever make it at least 39 cm tall (isn't Jungle Hunter supposed to be + 230 cm?)
Sadly most of these are easy to address. Not sure on the height but he would then be out of scale with the other predators. The Classic Predator is still taller than my Dutch on a Phicen M34 so I think that works.

Sadly most of these are easy to address. Not sure on the height but he would then be out of scale with the other predators. The Classic Predator is still taller than my Dutch on a Phicen M34 so I think that works.

I'd be fine with that - well, obviously I would when I don't have any of them anymore but even if I did still have the older figures - c'mon, it's time to stop undersizing the Kevin Peter Hall Predator - to date he's still the tallest actor to wear a Predator suit - lets please get an accurate 1/6 scale reflection of that.

I'd be fine with that - well, obviously I would when I don't have any of them anymore but even if I did still have the older figures - c'mon, it's time to stop undersizing the Kevin Peter Hall Predator - to date he's still the tallest actor to wear a Predator suit - lets please get an accurate 1/6 scale reflection of that.
That's actually an excellent point, you can clearly see the height difference below. The problem originally emerged since Classic is shorter than Berserker who is played by Derek Mears (1.96 m). Since KPH is the tallest (2.20 m) and Ian Whyte is the second tallest (2.16 m, Scar/Wolf/Berserker) a new JH body should at least be the same height as Wolf 2.0 or slightly taller (i.e. 1 cm). Going even further would really off scale the other predators but I would support new proportioned versions of them as well if taken seriously!

Attachments

• kevin-peter-hall-as-the-predator-side-by-side-with-arnold-v0-67tnhm2cq5lc1.png
    kevin-peter-hall-as-the-predator-side-by-side-with-arnold-v0-67tnhm2cq5lc1.png
    219 KB
Last edited:
Not to be the nerd of the bunch here but 1/6= .1667 and if KPH was 2.20M that would put the screen accurate 1/6th scale to be right at 37cm or 14.5in tall. So with the new feral pred they openly advertise it as being 14.5 inches and the new samurai predator is 13.7 inches, I would say at a minimum HT is hitting the mark on height at least with new preds.

Back