Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still torn on this. I love the character, but he's just an ugly old man in a black cloak with a cane. [emoji38] Do I really need it? I do have the awesome Hasbro one in a box somewhere.

If I get this I'd rather display him with a lightsaber than a cane even though he never used one in the OT.

View attachment 427816

Attaching the sith lightning would be cool, but I think it'd look silly on display like that as most of my figures just stand there in more like museum poses than action poses.

That's why I kinda like the ROTS Darth Sidious version better. I like the grey/black, and he uses a lightsaber. I know it's blasphemy, but I just like the look better. I have that SS Sidious/Palpatine 2 pack but never opened it.
I actually just bought the lightsaber that comes in the two pack you have to go with the Emperor because of THAT very picture lol. I'm going to display them with sabers out ready for Jedi Hunting. Emperor will have saber in one hand and force lightning in other.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wonder what is up with these releases. Will Sideshow be getting this 4-7 weeks from now like before or will it be more like the last few figures? I find the inconsistency pretty annoying. Did Timcent and the YouTubers get this changed back:lol?

I’ll withhold judgment until I get him in hand, as people hated esb Vader and I love it.
However, anyone else getting a bill and Ted grim reaper vibe?
You sunk my battleship.

I think most of you forget how pale he was in ROTJ. Look at the closeups of his hands next to Luke's saber on the throne. Way less healthy bloodflow then then the shopped proto pics and in ROTS. He was a pale pasty evil old sob in Jedi.

As usual, he will look better in hand like all hot toys :lol

2837453-good_good.jpg

fun fact via the revenge of the sith novel. thats not just the skin on face that looks all melted the bone structure underneath actually melted/changed to this ugly shape when windu deflected the energy back at him with saber, skin lays on that.
:rock2

Would look better if the smile was toned down. I mean, he enjoys killing as much as the next sith lord, but not THAT much

That throne looks great, but massive. I would hate to hide the guards behind it in a detolf. I may just put palpatine and the throne with Jedi Luke. The guards look awesome on their own detolf shelf. I can’t wait for this set. I agree wor gar. Sidious is announced by December 31st.

Instant preorder!!!

(First pics)

CANCEL!!!

(Later Pics)

Where can I get this guys hes all sold out?!?!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Its important to remember that Palps makeup changed several time during filming also...

And that he actually smiles quite a bit in the OT

200w.gif

869r.gif

00bf97d494a72701bd0e17db90340423.gif

tumblr_nhrrk4DGkk1qg10guo1_400.gif

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Just a quick comparison with the proto. Hard to tell if it's the lighting and photography making it look softer, or if it's just the typical softer production sculpt we see with HT, but the details and wrinkles definitely don't jump out the same way as before.

palps2.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks the likeness is off?
2a51ffeb329984c1af119d54c3c37cef.jpg

I thought the new iphone measuring app was supposed to prevent selfies like this.:dunno

Just a quick comparison with the proto. Hard to tell if it's the lighting and photography making it look softer, or if it's just the typical softer production sculpt we see with HT, but the details and wrinkles definitely don't jump out the same way as before.

View attachment 427852

Great comp. Hard to say if its softer or not though. This figure has been whiplash good-bad-good since day one.

Back