Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick comparison with the proto. Hard to tell if it's the lighting and photography making it look softer, or if it's just the typical softer production sculpt we see with HT, but the details and wrinkles definitely don't jump out the same way as before.

View attachment 427852

Definately not as good paint apps. But the actual sculpt seems to be identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah hopefully this is just another case of bad blogger photos. Because those dark and heavy wrinkles are a big part of what makes the likeness on the proto work so well. And also what makes him look so creepy and sinister.

Just a quick comparison with the proto. Hard to tell if it's the lighting and photography making it look softer, or if it's just the typical softer production sculpt we see with HT, but the details and wrinkles definitely don't jump out the same way as before.

View attachment 427852

Definately not as good paint apps. But the actual sculpt seems to be identical.

Looks like a different sculpt, or a tweak rather. But his right bottom thick cheek line has more of a downturn on the prototype compared with the production. And the smile looks more prominent to me too. But that varies a lot by angle so hard to say.

Paint obviously a downgrade. The reddish bags under the eyes are a dulled purple brown.

The cancellers all come out now, then will reorder when better pictures show, then cancel again when first 'bad' in-hand pics show, then will reorder once better in-hand pictures reveal the truth.

I could post names, but I won't. :D

Why does the Emperor smile like Puck from CE3K...?

Emperor smiles like Puck.jpg

This is ridiculous, I think we all should re-evaluate what we are doing collecting this stuff in the first place ...

I mean:

Picking mine up in like 2 hours later [emoji55]

c8a15599a29312ed69565671cd9c85a7.jpg

Would love some throne measurements or pics in a detolf from those who get him first. The chair does seem bigger than anticipated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back