Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
making the ankles longer to extend the feet just means you'll see feet dangling out further from under the robes.... is that the look you really want? hahaha it'll be like Sith Lord Urkle... put some kneehigh socks on him and a spinner hat to complete the look

Yeah the robe already barely touches the ground as it is, so the last thing I'd want to do is make the legs longer.

Guess we'll just have to display him like this:
6a00d8341c630a53ef0134856880fd970c-800wi.jpg

This would work, as it already looks like he's sitting in the Imperial barber's chair from the in-hand photos. Still looks like a very nice set, though :)

everyone grasping to dear life for their chair base stems.... going to hack mine off right out the package lol. It's something you'll never look at, and the chair will look perfect. Chances are, 6 years from now when you decide you want to sell it, if you sanded it good enough nobody is going to notice and when they place their chair on the base they aren't going to care because it will be perfect.

Is it just me, or does the outfit seem just a bit bulky for the Emperor? Not sure if there's another fat suit that might need to be removed, or if it's just a matter of futzing and squeezing the outfit in closer to the body...

everyone grasping to dear life for their chair base stems.... going to hack mine off right out the package lol. It's something you'll never look at, and the chair will look perfect. Chances are, 6 years from now when you decide you want to sell it, if you sanded it good enough nobody is going to notice and when they place their chair on the base they aren't going to care because it will be perfect.

I would assume it's hollow plastic, so they'll know by the gaping hole in the top of the stand. I wouldn't sell something to someone without telling them I modded it anyway if I did.

I think this looks great but the devil is in the details. I'd like to see some chair mods. Definitely some real fabric upgrade for the cushion. Just somthing more pleasing to the eye. But I think it's pretty cool as is.

Here’s how I approach bleeding dye issues:

- If it’s an accessory piece, such as RotJ Luke’s or RotS Anakin’s robe, I just don’t use it.

- If it’s a case where it’s a permanent piece of clothing that won’t be removed anyway, such as Emperor’s hood, I don’t worry about it because it’ll never be seen.

That being said, that still doesn’t give them a pass to not make strides in correcting this issue that seems to have gotten more frequent and pervasive lately.

Ok. Let’s recap.

1. Figure is too short.
2. Seems are too big/noticeable
3. Robes have heavy dye and will stain.
4. Robe is too short if you make it taller
5. Robes are too bulky
6. Expression still wonky
7. Wrinkles not wrinkly enough
8. Eyes not yellow enough
9. Chair base too tall
10. Chair cushion too high
11. Chair cushion doesn’t sink down
12. Chair base bottom not designed right

Did I miss anything?
I’m still getting one.

898fcbfc98b2e4ac2dd37dc18a943bb9.gif

Ok. Let’s recap.

1. Figure is too short.
5. Robes are too bulky
9. Chair base too tall

Did I miss anything?
I’m still getting one.

:lol I'm still probably getting 2. It's likely the only high end emperor figure we will get before I am elderly.

Ok. Let’s recap.

1. Figure is too short.
5. Robes are too bulky
9. Chair base too tall

Did I miss anything?
I’m still getting one.

That list is quite smaller than usual.

2? Hmmmm
One for the chair and one to stand?
I thought about this but figured I better not spend money that can go towards bespin Han, lando, leia, Death Star trooper...
Oh, wait...

Ok. Let’s recap.

1. Figure is too short.
5. Robes are too bulky
9. Chair base too tall

Did I miss anything?
I’m still getting one.

Sideshowfreaks gonna sideshowfreak.

This character is so ugly and evil, I don't like to look at him at all, never have. He freaked me out as a kid, a teen and as an adult. Is the figure perfect? I am sure not. But I just watched the toystv unboxing video and placed my order for the Deluxe version today. Ultimately for me, a Star Wars collection without Palpatine "The Emperor" would not be complete, and I think i would regret not buying him. Used some reward points so that the price wasn't quite so painful.

2? Hmmmm
One for the chair and one to stand?
I thought about this but figured I better not spend money that can go towards bespin Han, lando, leia, Death Star trooper...
Oh, wait...

Yeah something like that. One will always live in Joost's truscale throne room. The other can stand with the majority of my other figs. Pretty sad that there are literally zero other 1/6 OT figures on pre-order right now.

Hot Toys, please give us:

ESB Bespin Han

ESB Lando

ESB Chewie (please make a special effort to actually have it really look like Chewie)

Can’t wait for Bespin Leia ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back