Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That... or the Captain Morgan pose with one foot on the chair

You mean this one....:lol

article-2563548-1BA84E1E00000578-931_634x515.jpg

Just got mine from HK. I really haven't had much time to do anything with the figure, so pictures are pending, but I have to tell you - it looks awesome in hand.

Anyway to answer some of the questions :

Dimensions of throne are - H = 27cm, W = 22cm, D = 17.5cm (approx)

The "cushion" appears to be molded as part of the throne. It's not a seperate piece.

The Throne easily fits a Detolf with space behind for two guards. At a push , it looks like you could have him standing in front of the throne, with the RG's behind the throne, and it'll all fit in a Detolf, but I haven't tried this with him on the figure stand.
I quickly tried him in a sitting position, and with him slouching, his feet touch the floor. I haven't experimented much more, as I want to take my time this evening with him.

I hope that answers some of your questions. It's a really nice figure - don't fret folks :)

That's good to hear that you were able to get his feet to the floor while he's in the chair! Would love to see some pics if you can when you get around to messing with him :)

If the cushion was made of a soft material, guaranteed his feet would touch the ground no doubt!!! If someone can sand it down it would be perfect, watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that have him, can the robe be opened a bit to show the under garment? The fully closed robe looks wrong, especially when he's sitting. He looks like a potato sack with it fully closed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes.

And I agree with you, closed it does look like a sack of potatoes. I’ve been doing a lot of experimenting with him, and I think it’s going to be hairspray to wrinkle the robe in certain ways, and have it open just a touch to reveal the undergarment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to have a futz around with the new HT Emperor, worst comes to worst i'll definitely cut the peg on throne base to lower it.

41120913_1879964468707563_1330755883923144704_n.jpg

I “may” put the effort into a resin cast of the base with shortened peg. I have to see what I would be working with.

I could offer some to the freaks....I would need to gauge the cost/time factor....and of course interest.

Would be a straight forward recast of the part with a cut down peg, and basic paint.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I'd be interested as well.

That's good to hear that you were able to get his feet to the floor while he's in the chair! Would love to see some pics if you can when you get around to messing with him :)

I didn't get much time to 'play' this evening due to work, but here are a couple of quick pics. Apologies - they're not great, I didn't have much time to experiment / repose etc, but I thought I'd share anyway. I'll try and take some better pictures tomorrow.

IMG_0358.jpg
IMG_0353.jpg

Back