Hot Toys rubber deterioration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure the pole squatters would just find some other reason, "improper retailer storage," or "sat too long in the cargo ship on the way over" or, "UPS man put a voodoo curse on them," or some other bull____ than concede that the all mighty Hot Toys is not as infallible as they think.

:exactly::goodpost: :lecture

Damn it, Hot Toys. My Machiko custom is using the Sheeva body (not pictured), and I just noticed a crack in the skin right between her tits.

HPIM3531.jpg

Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! How long until my Sarah Connors are trash?

but seriously guys, the only way I see to succeed in SLOWING down the deterioration process of these already RELEASED figures is by making sure they are not in contact with direct heat, sunlight and to pose them the best pose that will give minimal stress on the rubber figures. If all of them are done and yet it still happens (even if we didn't even take it out of the box) then we just have to accept the fact that some things are just beyond our powers. HT are an innovative company and to get where they are right now there has to be some failures down the line just like what people do with cars, hand phones, softwares, hardwares etc. And if they are selling lets say the first seamless rubber figure made in the world then we as buyers should be aware and be ready to take the risk, right? this is that risk! but that's just one side of the coin

the other part is that this definitely shows that HT currently do not have the sufficient knowledge to find the best plastic or do a thorough research about the chemical properties, reactions and their half life of the materials that they are using and if we want them to keep providing us good figures then I hope some chemical expert would be willing to provide them some extra hands in that field SOON! we want this hobby to stay alive and if they start sinking now then who else will be taking their mantle for the 1/6 scale??

unless you want to be experimental and find some sort of lotion or cream to sort of rub on these figures so they'd last a bit longer then by all means do share your experience here. :D

^unlike radioactive decay.... all other chemical reaction varies due to the reactive components & conditions, temperature/light/catalysis...etc.

For the definition of half-life^

I hope you're not referring to all educated people, which you seem to be. You don't mean EVERYONE do you !? You're making an assumption without numbers to back it up !!!!!

Others seemed to know just fine what he meant. Its a shame you couldn't and by your own words, are only capable of seeing a definition of each individual word divorced from context.

I'd use some phrases to make fun of you some more but you won't understand them and will make a fool of yourself trying to correct them again.

Ok SAB here is the exact quote of what Rorywan said about the comedian figure. "Why is everyone with a Comedian figure reporting leaking crumbling rubber? Hmmm?" Those are his words not mine. Now from that sentence that means what is means. That means that every single comedian hot toy figure is having that problem. I also mean educated people in general. You can see I did not use a pronoun like "everyone" when I was referring to educated people. Now I am done because obviously you are not educated and arguing with an idiot is not going to do no good. It's kinda like explaining to you that the world is not flat but indeed round.

Just trying to make my point. Fault me for the double negative, but please let me make the point to the entire argument of what was said.

Just trying to make my point. Fault me for the double negative, but please let me make the point to the entire argument of what was said.

Person after person making fun of you. Who would have thought...

Explain to them how educated you are and that you can speak for all educated people in general. And perhaps give examples of what people may post to avoid using 'everyone' and confusing you and the other educated people you speak for.

I believe that due to the amount of people posting on the Comedian thread who are simultaneously discovering their bodies are in fact leaking after close examination that there may in fact be a larger volume of people out there who have purchased said product who indeed may experience similar problems some time in the future.

Note I did not use any phrases because I know they confuse you as well.

Back