Hot Toys rubber deterioration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exaggeration to get a point across my friend is exactly just that. But here you go. Definition of EVERYONE: every person : everybody. The words in the english dictionary have an exact meaning. As far as statistical analysis is concerned it is a science used in science. I never did any calculations since I nor does anyone else have the numbers. But if you choose to refute that statistics is not scientifically plausible science and you negate it then you are not on par.

I do hope that none of my future purchases specifically the 1989 Batman does not have any of these problems. I am very excited for this one. :clap

The words in the English dictionary often have multiple meanings listed, both in terms of completely different subjects and more commonly, the context in which they are used.

It also doesn't list every variation of its use in common phrasing as otherwise the book would be a million pages long (wait, that's not exactly statistically correct, and a search of the dictionary proves that!)

But you knew that and you knew what he meant when he said it.
You just wanted to point out that statistically he was wrong and how awesome you are.

It would be fun to watch when everyone hates Hot Toys like they do Medicom. I've never been one for hero worship and the endless Hot Toys worship (or pole-squatting, if you prefer) around here really grinds my gears.

Proof would be ed-209. The upper dome was rubber stretched over a plastic form. The rubber has rotted on many of these to the point you can find people selling resin replacement domes.

All rubber deteriorates and shrinks eventually.
i have this figure. in fact, most of my HT figures have rubber parts on them. so do a couple of my Sideshow figures. most are several years old and none of them show any signs of deterioration (knock on wood). i suspect, based on looking through collections on here that the deterioration issues are due to improper care. all of my figures are sealed away in display cases in a climate-controlled room. many, if not most collectors on here keep their figures out in open air and exposed to dust and/or sunlight. all of which will lead to rapid deterioration. bookshelves and deltofs are not designed to keep delicate/volatile materials like rubber safe from the elements. i don't expect my figures to last forever, but i'm definitely not seeing the rotting issues others on here are. if you're gonna own expensive collectibles, invest in proper displays for them. otherwise, you're just needlessly destroying them.

Meh, I'll enjoy them while I can. Even if I get five years out of them I'll feel like I got my money's worth. I'll pay MSRP for a great looking figure and I'm not fussed by rubber-rot if I get a few years out of it. But I won't pick up a pricey after-market figure with rubber bits. This is a rule I made up once I managed to grab OC Bats :wink1:

I hear ya about enjoying them while you can bud but dammit I dont want to sell my favorite figures now or see them fall apart in 5 years!

It would be fun to watch when everyone hates Hot Toys like they do Medicom. I've never been one for hero worship and the endless Hot Toys worship (or pole-squatting, if you prefer) around here really grinds my gears.

Well I don't want to see people hate Hot Toys but I hear ya.
These things are way too expensive for me to say to myself 'I'll enjoy for a few years until they fall apart' ....but to each their own.

I thought I was safe from this sort of stuff by switching to solely SS Premium Format statues ....and then I see the Indy thread where person after person is realizing their jackets are rotting :horror

....now I'm second guessing buying the upcoming Terminator PF :gah:

Hey I am all for them to increase there quality control or make better products don't get me wrong on that point. I don't mean to troll just educate seriously.

pffft, this is plain HT apologetics. educate you say? you neglect to consider the degradation issues with their rubber bodies and consider it non-existent unless you see the numbers statistically. yeah, its all good then take one in the azz from HT.

do note that the goal here is not to create panic, but awareness.

Exaggeration to get a point across my friend is exactly just that. But here you go. Definition of EVERYONE: every person : everybody. The words in the english dictionary have an exact meaning. As far as statistical analysis is concerned it is a science used in science. I never did any calculations since I nor does anyone else have the numbers. But if you choose to refute that statistics is not scientifically plausible science and you negate it then you are not on par.

I do hope that none of my future purchases specifically the 1989 Batman does not have any of these problems. I am very excited for this one. :clap

To offer an alternate opinion here really pretty much everyone, on this board at least who has a comidian is experiencing this problem everyone in the literal sense who knows but it's crazy when everyone who posts here actively goes to check their figure comes back and says the damn thing is leaking. It is a vast overwhelming majority and I'm assuming most of us are individuals who care for our stuff. It's definitely a very real problem :(

I hear ya about enjoying them while you can bud but dammit I dont want to sell my favorite figures now or see them fall apart in 5 years!

Don't quote me on that. All well and good for me to say I'll enjoy them 'til they rot, that's just bluster and bravado that helps me manage my blood pressure. When my King Leo and OC Bats start to fall apart I'll go ballistic and pepper those threads with the rantings of a madman.

Don't quote me on that. All well and good for me to say I'll enjoy them 'til they rot, that's just bluster and bravado that helps me manage my blood pressure. When my King Leo and OC Bats start to fall apart I'll go ballistic and pepper those threads with the rantings of a madman.

:lol:rotfl:lol

At this point Im gonna enjoy my TDK batman, and if he starts to leak theres nothing I can do about it. im not gonna replace it, im not gonna bother contacting HT it is what it is...If someone here was interested in picking up one of the figures mentioned they would have to do it on the aftermaket and if it starts leaking that would suck. its good to be informed and know wether to take a chance on something that now is gonna cost close to if not more than double.

The words in the English dictionary often have multiple meanings listed, both in terms of completely different subjects and more commonly, the context in which they are used.

It also doesn't list every variation of its use in common phrasing as otherwise the book would be a million pages long (wait, that's not exactly statistically correct, and a search of the dictionary proves that!)

But you knew that and you knew what he meant when he said it.
You just wanted to point out that statistically he was wrong and how awesome you are.

Ummm yeah but the definition even in different contexts and meaning still encompasses everything. If you go back and read the context of the sentence he is encompassing everyone who owns the figure. As far as variation you can use a thesaurus but they still have the same meaning. Also the definition I gave you there are no more meanings or variations straight from Webster. It is not my fault if you or he do not know how to use these words and understand there meanings. Educated people will unfortunately. But then again your telling me I knew what he meant. Truth be told I only knew what he typed and definitions of those words. Also if you think I am awesome then I must be awesome. :)

i have this figure. in fact, most of my HT figures have rubber parts on them. so do a couple of my Sideshow figures. most are several years old and none of them show any signs of deterioration (knock on wood). i suspect, based on looking through collections on here that the deterioration issues are due to improper care. all of my figures are sealed away in display cases in a climate-controlled room. many, if not most collectors on here keep their figures out in open air and exposed to dust and/or sunlight. all of which will lead to rapid deterioration. bookshelves and deltofs are not designed to keep delicate/volatile materials like rubber safe from the elements. i don't expect my figures to last forever, but i'm definitely not seeing the rotting issues others on here are. if you're gonna own expensive collectibles, invest in proper displays for them. otherwise, you're just needlessly destroying them.

:goodpost:

That is what I seem to believe as well.

Ummm yeah but the definition even in different contexts and meaning still encompasses everything. If you go back and read the context of the sentence he is encompassing everyone who owns the figure. As far as variation you can use a thesaurus but they still have the same meaning. Also the definition I gave you there are no more meanings or variations straight from Webster. It is not my fault if you or he do not know how to use these words and understand there meanings. Educated people will unfortunately. But then again your telling me I knew what he meant. Truth be told I only knew what he typed and definitions of those words. Also if you think I am awesome then I must be awesome. :)

I hope you're not referring to all educated people, which you seem to be. You don't mean EVERYONE do you !? You're making an assumption without numbers to back it up !!!!!

Others seemed to know just fine what he meant. Its a shame you couldn't and by your own words, are only capable of seeing a definition of each individual word divorced from context.

I'd use some phrases to make fun of you some more but you won't understand them and will make a fool of yourself trying to correct them again.

Last edited:
s7_018929_imageset_02

This has been mentioned a few times on this board. I forget who it was in the OC Bats thread but they were the one person arguing that this stuff was essentially snake oil; but I've read of a lot of car enthusiasts using this and they swear by it. I'd be interested to hear about anyone who has used this stuff and how happy (or not) they were with it.

many, if not most collectors on here keep their figures out in open air and exposed to dust and/or sunlight. all of which will lead to rapid deterioration. bookshelves and deltofs are not designed to keep delicate/volatile materials like rubber safe from the elements. i don't expect my figures to last forever, but i'm definitely not seeing the rotting issues others on here are. if you're gonna own expensive collectibles, invest in proper displays for them. otherwise, you're just needlessly destroying them.

I wish someone would've told me I'd need a fallout shelter to store these damn things in :wink1:

Back