Hot Toys Savage Opress

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, swap out arms!

This photo was broken earlier on Hot Toys' Facebook, but it's now been repaired so I was finally able to download it:

s15.jpg

Figure looks great! I wonder how many ppl will change their tune from the initial booth photos that were admittedly not that great. The headsculpt was something that some weren't impressed with from what I recall but it looks really good in these official photos. Doesn't look like it was tweaked since then.

I don't have CW Maul, but the Solo versions with mechanical legs doing just fine for me, if not even better.

I only want to collect the Empire era to the New Republic/Remnant era, so the Solo version is the only version for me.

I have the Sideshow TPM Maul 2.0 but I don't know what possessed me to get him. He's never had a place in the collection and as such is a waste of space. Sometimes I think about changing him into something more useful by giving him a head swap, or imagining he has mechanical legs under his trousers, but that's a hard sell.

Savage Opress looks good but he was dead before the age of Empire, as with my other problem Star Wars figure: Dooku.

I got Dooku because it seemed right that Christopher Lee should have 1/6 representation alongside Peter Cushing. He's moved around in the collection numerous times and has ended up in the back of the Detolf with Tarkin again.

I only want to collect the Empire era to the New Republic/Remnant era, so the Solo version is the only version for me.

I have the Sideshow TPM Maul 2.0 but I don't know what possessed me to get him. He's never had a place in the collection and as such is a waste of space. Sometimes I think about changing him into something more useful by giving him a head swap, or imagining he has mechanical legs under his trousers, but that's a hard sell.

Savage Opress looks good but he was dead before the age of Empire, as with my other problem Star Wars figure: Dooku.

I got Dooku because it seemed right that Christopher Lee should have 1/6 representation alongside Peter Cushing. He's moved around in the collection numerous times and has ended up in the back of the Detolf with Tarkin again.
*waves Jedi hand*

You don't want to keep Dooku...
You want to go home and rethink your collection...
You want to sell me your Dooku...

Figure looks great! I wonder how many ppl will change their tune from the initial booth photos that were admittedly not that great. The headsculpt was something that some weren't impressed with from what I recall but it looks really good in these official photos. Doesn't look like it was tweaked since then.
It looks better but I‘m still not in love with it.
what realistic figures ?
All of the other TCW figures that HT has made.

I grew up with TCW and love the show, but I’ll never be a fan of this abysmal line where they reimagine the animated character designs into “realistic”/“live-action.” Yeah, I know. I’m alone on my own hill on this.

Looking at the pictures, all I ask myself is: “Who is that?”

I know a lot of folks are saying the head is too stylized and I can see the point. For me, this will look great next to all the other CW line of figures and perfect with CW Maul. The size will create a nice shelf presence as well. Ordered.

I grew up with TCW and love the show, but I’ll never be a fan of this abysmal line where they reimagine the animated character designs into “realistic”/“live-action.” Yeah, I know. I’m alone on my own hill on this.

Looking at the pictures, all I ask myself is: “Who is that?”
I'm usually in the same camp. This one hits different for me tho. Him and Ahsoka from this line are the only ones I've been interested in.

If I get this tho, I know I'll just end up getting the Sideshow version too if they make one, so that's the issue I'm having right now. Because I prefer the accuracy of that line in animated form.

I know a lot of folks are saying the head is too stylized and I can see the point. For me, this will look great next to all the other CW line of figures and perfect with CW Maul. The size will create a nice shelf presence as well. Ordered.

I don’t even think it’s that stylized honestly. It’s just the usual nitpicking.

I think the SS PF from a decade ago nailed it but this is pretty great on its own, his size and yellow skin will stand out on the shelf.

Just hope they remember to put some of the bandages around the metal arm for the final product.

I think that's why I like this, because the head sculpt doesn't look overly stylized.

I'm usually in the same camp. This one hits different for me tho. Him and Ahsoka from this line are the only ones I've been interested in.
I wish I can feel that way, but can’t. They’re all just made up designs to me. It’s like I’m buying Hot Toys’ own design vs a figure based on the source material design, despite the medium. I wish this entire line was done in the same vein as the ITSV line.

Simply put, I’d rather have a figure that looks like whatever it’s representing.

I don’t even think it’s that stylized honestly. It’s just the usual nitpicking.

I think the SS PF from a decade ago nailed it but this is pretty great on its own, his size and yellow skin will stand out on the shelf.

Just hope they remember to put some of the bandages around the metal arm for the final product.
Not really nit picking imo. We have 13 going on 14 years of knowing what Savage looks like in the animated series. Whilst it’s a good sculpt on a technical level it’s just not what I see of when think of Savage since we’ve never officially seen a live action version of him.

Back