Hot Toys Stallone Character Poll up on Japanese Site

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, while the poll is fun, I'm sure Hot Toys has a game plan already, and like the Terminator poll, I'm sure some of these choices are realistic and others just for fun. Dredd's probably just for fun, like T4 Kyle Reese, but I think Rocky and Rambo are probably already planned and they're using a poll plus the Barney Ross figure to stir up interest like the Terminator poll did.

I am pretty sure we won't EVER see a Rocky 6,and i really don't care...If we get it,great ill get it but if not,not a big deal.

I would love to see HT revisit Rocky IV,one of my favourite childhood movies.

Rocky from Rocky Balboa please!

Has a good chance, could use the Barney Ross body parts, same for Rambo 4.

The problem is, right now other than the Barney body, which is more an older Sly build, they don't really have a Sly body to use.

So, while I am partial to some ideas, here's my thoughts on what we might see.

- Rambo 4 or a new First Blood Rambo are probably the only Rambos we might get because in both cases, it's unnecessary to have scarring on the body, while scars may not be a big deal to add, not knowing HT's process for body production, it could add unnecessary cost and mold creation they don't want to bother with, and if Hot Toys steps up their game, the Rambo 2 and Rambo 3 scars aren't the same so ever Rambo movie is essentially a unique body. Since Rambo 4 could easily be made with the Barney body, I think he favors most, but I think the Wolverine body's physique could work for First Blood too so I think those 2 have the most favor because the bodies to make them already exist.

- Street Rocky from Rocky 1 because it's a fully clothed figure and having the right body sculpt is unneccesary and they could just use any body they already have now.

- Rocky Balboa Rocky because again, it can reuse the Barney body.

- Cobra can use some body already made also because of the clothes, and it's got a pretty strong following as far as Stallone films and that might be enough.

I wouldn't mind that, or another Rocky 3, while the originals look fine, I would welcome the better posability in the upper torso and legs that bodies today have.

I am pretty sure we won't EVER see a Rocky 6,and i really don't care...If we get it,great ill get it but if not,not a big deal.

Keep telling yourself that.:ohbfrank:

I just hope if they do Rambo or Rocky, the portrait is as good as Barney, they really set a bar with that portrait, though a portrait as good as Yulli's M65 or Rambo 3 portraits would be fine too, but I'd be let down if it wasn't as good as those. There aren't many HT portraits these days that don't have a fantastic likeness thankfully, but there are ocassional iffy ones.

I just hope if they do Rambo or Rocky, the portrait is as good as Barney, they really set a bar with that portrait, though a portrait as good as Yulli's M65 or Rambo 3 portraits would be fine too, but I'd be let down if it wasn't as good as those. There aren't many HT portraits these days that don't have a fantastic likeness thankfully, but there are ocassional iffy ones.

Agreed. The only Bad sculpt they've done lately is Prince Dastan.

Yeah, I'd say that one, John Connor and Wolverine are the only portraits over the last year or so where the likeness is iffy, and even then, it's not way off, just off enough you don't get that "there he is" feeling like I got with the Barney sculpt.

I'll be pretty forgiving with any figure but Rambo 4 though, but the importance of that figure in general makes everything matter a lot to me, how the sculpt is, how many portraits we get, what accessories we get. I'll be happy enough it's made but I've got big hopes for if it is, what it comes with and how it looks.

I rarely hear anyone talk about a Rocky IV Training figure,i must be the only one that strongly wants that version.How can you not dig the Training Scene in Russia?

I dig the training scene, but so much of what I dig about it requires the scene actually playing out or the figure being able to do things figures can't do. As just a standard figure, it's not that interesting of a look, especially not at $150+ for a figure.

As far as training costume figure, the only one I'd ever get is from Rocky Balboa, and only if he came with the weights to replicate this moment.

Balboa%202.jpg

Oh i'm sure it will be even better than Ross' sculpt. At least I think so ............ theres just something about HT's, Yulli and Sly that makes for an excellent chemistry.

I rarely hear anyone talk about a Rocky IV Training figure,i must be the only one that strongly wants that version.How can you not dig the Training Scene in Russia?

You know me dude, i'm VERY much down with that idea. That and training Rock from part 1 ............ aaaaaaaaaaand street Rocko.

I'd love to see Rocky 2 if they included a portrait for him at the end of the fight cuz I'd always have it posed in the "Yo Adrian, I did it!" pose.

rocky-ii-560.jpg

I dig the training scene, but so much of what I dig about it requires the scene actually playing out or the figure being able to do things figures can't do. As just a standard figure, it's not that interesting of a look, especially not at $150+ for a figure.

As far as training costume figure, the only one I'd ever get is from Rocky Balboa, and only if he came with the weights to replicate this moment.

Balboa%202.jpg

There is more to it than just the look for me,i loved this movie growing up and training in hard conditions with the snowstorm and all made it more heroic building up to the Fight.

There is more to it than just the look for me,i loved this movie growing up and training in hard conditions with the snowstorm and all made it more heroic building up to the Fight.

That's why I'm for the Rocky Balboa training figure, while he always pushed himself in all his training's, it was the only time where reaching his goals seemed impossible when he started and at the end he achieved them, I relate to that feeling and that scene inspires me. The things I like about the Rocky 4 training, if I could have them in a figure, I would get it, but I can't, the thing I'd want most represented is that part where he's hoisting the handles of the cart up over his head and pushing all his muscles as far as possible, but a figure won't depict all the tension and pulling.

That's why I stuck with my Rocky IV figure and didn't get the Rocky 3, I grew up associating him with the American flag shorts because all I watched was Rocky 3 and 4, but that I like that look so much, that's why I'd get a figure of that today if they redid it.

As far as totally new Rocky or Rambo figures go, I'd love to see:

- Rocky Balboa Fight Rocky
- Rocky Balboa Training Rocky (with weights)
- Rocky 2 Fight Rocky with BD portrait
- Rambo 4 Battle Rambo with clean and BD portraits
- Rambo 4 M65-style going home

As far as redos, I'd get a Rocky 4 redo if they made it, and to be honest, I'd buy any Rambo really if they redid it, even M65 (which I think could be better tailored and of course made today wouldn't have the over glossy neck mismatching with the portrait's realism) and Rambo 3 (which I think would benefit from the better articulation of today's muscle bodies). Rambo 2 and the original First Blood figure need the most updating though.

Back