Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my stormies ordered from the Disney store. Quick pose up. Sideshow in the background where they belong. Sorry for the crummy phone pic.

a390658a126a17e9c2b8be8f0388e8b6.jpg

On a whim I decided to buy some loose armour pieces on ebay.
Has anybody tried mixing and matching Sideshow and Hot Toys parts?

I have both Sideshow and Hot Toys Stormtrooper. And its not worth mixing and matching.
First, Sideshow Stormtrooper armor finish is almost flat. While the Hot Toys Stormtrooper is semi gloss like the actual costume. So it wont match.
Second, for me Hot Toys Stormtrooper proportion are just perfect already as it is.

Trying to find a way to extend the neck so the helmet sits a bit higher above the shoulders.

I have both Sideshow an Hot Toys Stormtrooper. And its not worth mixing and matching.
First, Sideshow Stormtrooper armor finish is almost flat. While the Hot Toys Stormtrooper is semi gloss like the actual costume. So it wont match.
Second, for me Hot Toys Stormtrooper proportion are just perfect already as it is.

Also, a few people have said the SSC armor is not as bright white as the HT which would making mixing a problem.

Got my two weeks notice from a local retailer. Tried to avoid over excitment lately as they were still announced for a september release a week ago. Now, i have to say i'm impatient to see how those blend with other figures.

Man, I really wanted to order the 2-pack from Disney, but I can't have an invoice in the box. Customs will rape me here if they actually knew how much I paid for some of this stuff. I waitlisted the 2-pack a few days ago from SS though. I expect it to convert.

Sideshow always includes the invoice, though? Can't think of any company that wouldn't. Or are you getting it shipped to someone in the States, having them remove the customs info (Sideshow always has that in an envelope on the outside of the shipper) and then forwarding on? Anyway, I pay all my customs stuff and while I don't enjoy it, it's not too bad, but then that's to Canada. If you're in the UK with VAT or whatnot, it seems to get pretty pricey.

Yeah, living overseas often gets you a 25-30% mark-up on anything you order. Not so much bothered by taxes but fees charged over that are just disgusting. Mostly doubles VAT.

Yeah, living overseas often gets you a 25-30% mark-up on anything you order. Not so much bothered by taxes but fees charged over that are just disgusting. Mostly doubles VAT.

Yeah that is what kept me from ordering the 2-pack from SS. The VAT alone would kill me, and then the fees would bury me... Seems like it is starting to make its way to european stores though.

Sideshow should put a warehouse somewhere in Europe to cut the costs for everyone and compete with other European retailers.

Not sure if it would be worth it for them though, but I know it would be for my fellow collectors.

Sideshow should put a warehouse somewhere in Europe to cut the costs for everyone and compete with other European retailers.

Not sure if it would be worth it for them though, but I know it would be for my fellow collectors.

I believe they have had that before (Im certain Ive read about it). Guess it wasnt worth it.

Back