Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything Stormtrooper looks bad@$$....but man it's fun to pick on them.

stormtrooper-bike.jpg

Done. Ordered regular trooper yesterday and will order a second one next month. When this thing ships I'd like to trade it for a short trooper from the 2-pack - just the trooper, USA to USA only to keep shipping costs low.

Since you live in Canada, wouldn't it be cheaper to swap in Canada?

If you lived in Ottawa would be even cheaper...I have a shorty Stormtooper I would swap with you.

Yeah, trading in person would be a no-brainer if nearby, I just didn't think that would apply to anyone. ;)

For some small stuff I ship out regularly, I can pay $2 US via USPS to anywhere in the US or $12 Canadian to BC.

Plugging in a bit more weight doesn't increase the price as dramatically as I was expecting with some discounts available. Shipping 30 minutes from here is $9, about $13 to Ottawa or $16 to BC with insurance of $200 and weight 360g-500g. Maybe I'll take you up on that offer - I just don't know when the figure will ship out from Sideshow.

Have the normal set and bought an extra single trooper - best stormtrooper so far. Does every one of them have the dent in the left bicep armour? I sent it back to my supplier as a fault until I looked at the ones on display in my local shops and some online reviews which all seem to have it.

To add to the strangeness of it all, I just got a paypal bill this morning for my local bought (european shop) 2-pack. It will come in next week to be shipped out.
I half expected to get these by christmas. It's not christmas yet is it?

As I typed this I just got an email from the dealer confirming that this is via Sideshow, hence official european release is early by more than a month, in reality close to two.

Have the normal set and bought an extra single trooper - best stormtrooper so far. Does every one of them have the dent in the left bicep armour? I sent it back to my supplier as a fault until I looked at the ones on display in my local shops and some online reviews which all seem to have it.
This is a "feature", it was on the original full size molds for the Stormtrooper armour so Hot Toys included it on their 1/6 version to stay screen accurate.

Ummm...that's a feature.

To add to the strangeness of it all, I just got a paypal bill this morning for my local bought (european shop) 2-pack. It will come in next week to be shipped out.
I half expected to get these by christmas. It's not christmas yet is it?

As I typed this I just got an email from the dealer confirming that this is via Sideshow, hence official european release is early by more than a month, in reality close to two.

Thats good news, hope to have mine sooner than expected in that case ;)

It was an error on the original mold so it remained on screen used armors too, there are some pics earlier in this thread. So it's accurate.

armor.JPG

Thanks everybody who replied to my question. Have retrieved my figure and have him with my Sideshow stormtroopers at the moment. Still waiting until I have time next month to redecorate man cave and get my mountain of boxed figures out on display where they belong.

Recieved my 2 pack Stormtrooperset today from Toys on Fire in Ottawa. Very nice clean set.

Thanks everybody who replied to my question. Have retrieved my figure and have him with my Sideshow stormtroopers at the moment. Still waiting until I have time next month to redecorate man cave and get my mountain of boxed figures out on display where they belong.

Yeah, well when mine arrived the way the armor was hanging it looked like I had gotten the short stormtrooper variant. I was almost ready to question it with the retailer when I realized it just needed futzing.:slap:lol

Mine has really tiny smear of green on the white between the eye lenses but otherwise its great.

You should have seen Yoda's Hut Box. It looked liked a small stove was being delivered. :lol

Yeah, I always felt SSC overdid it with the packaging, but I guess it's the fragility of polystone. My Jabba's throne box just seems like it could have been a third smaller than it was and still been safe.

Yeah, I always felt SSC overdid it with the packaging, but I guess it's the fragility of polystone. My Jabba's throne box just seems like it could have been a third smaller than it was and still been safe.

Agree, but rather be safe than sorry.

Back