Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow's Stormtrooper rises from the grave to challenge Hot Toys (and Disney)!

10411194_870056413070073_2340401165947627441_n.jpg

:horror

And is defeated, and then forgotten about like a grain of sand on a beach.

Sideshow's Stormtrooper rises from the grave to challenge Hot Toys (and Disney)!

10411194_870056413070073_2340401165947627441_n.jpg

:horror

Looks better than the other pictures I saw, but still, looks like they took another even worse proportioned body to make the bad points of the SSC trooper stand out even more. :slap

For about a minute I entertained the idea of ordering a couple if they really are as cheap as advertised ( sub $40), but then I looked at the pictures again.
Classy box with a sandtrooper in some sort of interstellar war though. :lol

Looks better than the other pictures I saw, but still, looks like they took another even worse proportioned body to make the bad points of the SSC trooper stand out even more. :slap

For about a minute I entertained the idea of ordering a couple if they really are as cheap as advertised ( sub $40), but then I looked at the pictures again.
Classy box with a sandtrooper in some sort of interstellar war though. :lol

Where are they $40?

Where are they $40?

I can't find it in history, all pages are in chinese. I did bookmark a website that had it for just over $60, but as I recall the price in yuan wasn't that dramatically higher there so now I'm thinking I may have gotten my currency rates mixed up a little. 1 CNY equals ~1.3 SEK and 1 SEK equals 0.75 CNY and if you're stupid enough to mix them up: 60*0,75=45 and the other price was a bit less to begin with... :slap:lol

I can't find it in history, all pages are in chinese. I did bookmark a website that had it for just over $60, but as I recall the price in yuan wasn't that dramatically higher there so now I'm thinking I may have gotten my currency rates mixed up a little. 1 CNY equals ~1.3 SEK and 1 SEK equals 0.75 CNY and if you're stupid enough to mix them up: 60*0,75=45 and the other price was a bit less to begin with... :slap:lol
Is this a sideshow KO?

Sorry, what is that a picture of? A new stormtrooper fig that's based on the old SSC figure? Is it 1/6?

Is this a sideshow KO?

Sorry, what is that a picture of? A new stormtrooper fig that's based on the old SSC figure? Is it 1/6?

Yes a SSC Stormtrooper knock off with what seems like a worse looking helmet. Force Toys ST-S01

Is this the SSC Stormtrooper body?
View attachment 191403
I guess now we know where they got it from. :lol

It's a very blatant 1/6 knock-off of the Sideshow figure by a company calling themselves Force Toys.

You would think that if you made a copy you would copy one of the other three (IMO) better looking 1/6 stormie figures that has been available.

Glad they didn't. Don't like people buying knockoffs, so at least if they do in this case, they're getting an inferior version of something that's no longer on the market, so won't affect either SSC or HT. ;)

It's a counterfeit, a bootleg. Re-cast of Sideshow's original parts. Not a good idea to promote it, I've already gotten a couple of posts about it and linking to sales yanked from Facebook.

It's a counterfeit, a bootleg. Re-cast of Sideshow's original parts. Not a good idea to promote it, I've already gotten a couple of posts about it and linking to sales yanked from Facebook.

Showing people just how bad it looks will hopefully dissuade them from buying it!

:lol

"These aren't the Stormtroopers you're looking for."

obs3.jpg

Back