Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed something on the lower pectoral part of the armor. See the space right at the bottom of the bat symbol's tail? Quite a difference. I just checked the DX12's and it's much better.

Then again, this is just a proto, so...

I don't care about anything except the cowl which looks like a flirting bird ... or something like that...

If they fix that, then go with the shoulders, and then the arms (too long, too .. I don't know the undersuit looks too big)

WOW. Even I would get this and I don't collect Hot Toys or figures.

BUT...it's because it's finally 1/4 scale. I am glad these figure companies realize 1/6 scale is just too small and doesn't have that WOW impact 1/4 scale does.

Statue or not, I love the scale. And that's why I would consider it.

:goodpost: :exactly:
Starting to realize this just now..might end collecting 1/6 scale with the avengers

I much prefer the EB's cowled look though than HT's :monkey3

I am truly 90% done with 1/6 scale. The day you display a 1/4 scale Batman next to your 1/6 figures you'll know exactly what i'm talking about. I decided to make this switch about 3 years ago but was only limited to Sideshow's PF's. Now that this EB/HT's move has been made I don't think I could ever go back.

The only 1/6 scale i'd keep now will be things I must have that don't exist in 1/4 scale.

I am truly 90% done with 1/6 scale. The day you display a 1/4 scale Batman next to your 1/6 figures you'll know exactly what i'm talking about. I decided to make this switch about 3 years ago but was only limited to Sideshow's PF's. Now that this EB/HT's move has been made I don't think I could ever go back.

The only 1/6 scale i'd keep now will be things I must have that don't exist in 1/4 scale.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

did I ....
was there....
no giraffe neck???
btw nice camera work being on the floor its pretty smooth

Quick photoshop I did, I hope HT resculpts the mouth pieces to look more like Bale.

fghsdfgh-1-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Great job snoop. That makes me want to modify the enterbay mouths for the HT figure even more. If I can get hold of the three loose I'm gonna do it for sure.

I'm kind of surprised I haven't pre-ordered this yet. To be honest, it looks great in the video, but I still hope they make a lot of adjustments. I'm definitely getting one, but if it turns out as well as I still hope it will, I might be tempted to get a second. It'd be nice to have a display of all three iterations together (Begins, TDK, and TDKR). That being said, HT needs to step it up, both in 1/6th and 1/4th scale. Enterbay's faces, and cowls blow HT's out of the water in terms of accuracy and likeness.

HT either needs to seriously re-evaluate how they sculpt TDK suit cowls, or they need to just utilize digital scans. The face sculpt needs to be completely revamped because the Bale likeness is near non-existent, and the eyes, well, as much as I like PERS, HT is missing the point. It seems like they're trying to showcase PERS, rather than accuracy. I'd much rather have an accurate squint with a limited PERS feature that complements it, than a central PERS feature with massive, odd eyes.

Last edited:
I'm kind of surprised I haven't pre-ordered this yet. To be honest, it looks great in the video, but I still hope they make a lot of adjustments. I'm definitely be getting one, but if it turns out as well as I still hope it will, I might be tempted to get a second. It'd be nice to have a display of all three iterations together (Begins, TDK, and TDKR). That being said, HT needs to step it up, both in 1/6th and 1/4th scale. Enterbay's faces, and cowls blow HT's out of the water in terms of accuracy and likeness.

HT either needs to seriously re-evaluate how they sculpt TDK suit cowls, or they need to just utilize digital scans. The face sculpt needs to be completely revamped because the Bale likeness is near non-existent, and the eyes, well, as much as I like PERS, HT is missing the point. It seems like they're trying to showcase PERS, rather than accuracy. I'd much rather have an accurate squint with a limited PERS feature that complements it, than a central PERS feature with massive, odd eyes.

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

I'm kind of surprised I haven't pre-ordered this yet. To be honest, it looks great in the video, but I still hope they make a lot of adjustments. I'm definitely be getting one, but if it turns out as well as I still hope it will, I might be tempted to get a second. It'd be nice to have a display of all three iterations together (Begins, TDK, and TDKR). That being said, HT needs to step it up, both in 1/6th and 1/4th scale. Enterbay's faces, and cowls blow HT's out of the water in terms of accuracy and likeness.

Yes. And also fix the CB head sculpt. I really love 1/6 CB better

I see a lot of potential in the Bruce Wayne head. There are some things that are throwing it off some, but I definitely see a great base Bale likeness that, hopefully, can be brought out with some fine tuning and modifications before production.

Great job snoop. That makes me want to modify the enterbay mouths for the HT figure even more. If I can get hold of the three loose I'm gonna do it for sure.

Thanks Platty!:hi5: Yeah I wanna try that mod aswell. It just a shame Hot Toys sculpt didn't look like that to begin with.

Back