Hot Toys The Acolyte Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think only way you will see those droids is if Skylu3D makes the 1:6 files (or 1:12 files if you set scale to 200%) for 3D printing a 1:6 figure

some past droids
February_2024_Full_Release.jpg

March_2024_Full_Release.jpg

May_2024_Full_Release.jpg

So I'm going to put a show theory in here as it may impact my desire to purchase a figure if it comes true. I have no insider knowledge nor have I paid attention to any other discussions on this show so this theory is probably not anything new.

I am basing this on information we have been presented with up to this posting so it has some mild spoiler information in it. I'd skip it if you haven't watched the show yet and want to go in clean.

I will not be surprised AT ALL if Sol ends up being the Acolyte of the shows title. Smilo has already mentioned how weak his current apprentice is (something he should have long been aware of), his desire for a powerful acolyte, and the darkness within Sol. They have also been dropping hints that the Jedi were more involved with the death/destruction that happened on the twins home planet and that the four kept it a secret. They also need to resolve why the Jedi are not aware of the Sith's return 100 years later. All of the Jedi that are aware need to either die (just about there) or no longer be affiliated to the Jedi (such as turning).

My guess is that recruiting Sol was Smilo's goal all along. The assassinations done by Mae were a way to draw Sol out, not as a test for her. Mae is already having suspicions that her master was ordering her to kill without a weapon to purposely set her up for failure. Success or failure by Mae would be inconsequential as either result would get Sol's attention.

So what does this long winded theory have to do with figures? Well, if Sol does become the new Sith apprentice I would most likely get his figure. I have already enjoyed his character to this point but I would have no desire to get a figure of him if he's a one and done.

I'm sure I'd get a Smilo either way as I like the way the character has been handled and the acting job done. Him being part of the Sith linage that leads to the PT/OT doesn't hurt either. My preferred display would be without the cloak and helmet as he actually looks more bad ass without them. Having no one to display him with (no desire for either twin) would be boring though. Having him displayed with his future apprentice Sol, however, has some definite appeal.

It also opens the door for this character/actor to have future appearances. This could lead to having a figure progression of fall from light to dark as well as him becoming the master and having an apprentice of his own (Plagueis?). It would be pretty cool to have a potential Sith linage display of Smilo -> Sol -> Plagueis -> Sidious.

I'm sure like most theories mine will come to naught but it is sometimes fun to think about what may be and how that may impact our collections.

So I'm going to put a show theory in here as it may impact my desire to purchase a figure if it comes true. I have no insider knowledge nor have I paid attention to any other discussions on this show so this theory is probably not anything new.

I am basing this on information we have been presented with up to this posting so it has some mild spoiler information in it. I'd skip it if you haven't watched the show yet and want to go in clean.

I will not be surprised AT ALL if Sol ends up being the Acolyte of the shows title. Smilo has already mentioned how weak his current apprentice is (something he should have long been aware of), his desire for a powerful acolyte, and the darkness within Sol. They have also been dropping hints that the Jedi were more involved with the death/destruction that happened on the twins home planet and that the four kept it a secret. They also need to resolve why the Jedi are not aware of the Sith's return 100 years later. All of the Jedi that are aware need to either die (just about there) or no longer be affiliated to the Jedi (such as turning).

My guess is that recruiting Sol was Smilo's goal all along. The assassinations done by Mae were a way to draw Sol out, not as a test for her. Mae is already having suspicions that her master was ordering her to kill without a weapon to purposely set her up for failure. Success or failure by Mae would be inconsequential as either result would get Sol's attention.

So what does this long winded theory have to do with figures? Well, if Sol does become the new Sith apprentice I would most likely get his figure. I have already enjoyed his character to this point but I would have no desire to get a figure of him if he's a one and done.

I'm sure I'd get a Smilo either way as I like the way the character has been handled and the acting job done. Him being part of the Sith linage that leads to the PT/OT doesn't hurt either. My preferred display would be without the cloak and helmet as he actually looks more bad ass without them. Having no one to display him with (no desire for either twin) would be boring though. Having him displayed with his future apprentice Sol, however, has some definite appeal.

It also opens the door for this character/actor to have future appearances. This could lead to having a figure progression of fall from light to dark as well as him becoming the master and having an apprentice of his own (Plagueis?). It would be pretty cool to have a potential Sith linage display of Smilo -> Sol -> Plagueis -> Sidious.

I'm sure like most theories mine will come to naught but it is sometimes fun to think about what may be and how that may impact our collections.

This is a good theory. I like it a lot.

Which means it won’t happen.

🥲🥲😭😭😭

It's an interesting theory but if true then Smilo's recruiting method depended on sheer luck. After he killed Jecki and Yord (god, what awful Jedi names lol) Sol bested him in battle and would have killed him if not for Osha's reminding him that it "wasn't the Jedi way". Given his stated goals and the darkness he claimed to see in Sol I don't think Smilo would have bet his life on that happening. It seems more likely that with the Parent Trap switch they're setting up Osha to be his acolyte, with whatever the Jedi/Sol did the night of the fire seen by her as an unforgivable betrayal and the trigger to tap into her dark side. From what she's shown us so far I'm not sure this Amandla Stenberg is capable of portraying such a turn in a convincing manner, but maybe she'll rise to the occasion.

Of course that's all possible as well. It's impossible to have reasonable and intelligent conjecture when it comes to Disney's stories.

If that was his plan I wouldn't say it relied on luck though. I doubt we would say that Palpatine's plan relied on luck even though we saw him in apparent defeat and about to be killed by Mace. Even If Anakin chose to side with Mace I'm sure he had a plan B/C/D to ensure his victory.

Smilo was obviously trying to antagonize and push Sol. Whether to just throw him off his game or lead him down a different path we will have to see. My theory would have been to push Sol to make a conscious choice to murder him (which he was about to do) but still have a way to survive.

Anyway, I have sidetracked this enough into a discussion about the show.

If they offer him I'll get Smilo no matter how awful the show is. I tend to get figures more as a representation of the overall IP and have a display that evokes the feeling of it rather than something that is straight from the screen. Sith tend to be my weakness for that and Smilo is no exception. The only red lightsaber wielders I have passed on are the Inquisitors. I just couldn't bring myself to do it with those. Any time I see them I just think of them as boring pretenders. They would bring down the feel of the display.

Since most of my displays are of non-canonical combinations of characters I am free to include or exclude any character I desire and still have it fit in my mind. For example, all of my Marvel figures are in one display that is inspired by Endgame. I have armored Thanos (with IG) fighting 9 (soon to be 10) heroes. Of all those heroes only Black Widow is actually from Endgame, some aren't even from the MCU. But when I look at it I am reminded of the movie and all of the fun times leading up to it.

Welp with the latest episode I think my theory is pretty much rubbish :Flush. It is technically not eliminated as Sol was definitely showing some shades of darkness/regret at the end and they used a lot of shadow on him to highlight the effect. It would, however, require far too many layers of character development and story in only a couple more episodes than I think Disney is capable of. The Buffinator's thoughts seem much more likely at this point.

Unless they end up surprising me looks like only one figure for me, Smilo, if they even make it. I really like what Lee Jung-Jae has been doing with his role as Sol but so far there's just not enough story there for me to invest in a figure. With only a couple more episodes to go I am hoping they wow me enough to put some money down but I am expecting them to disappoint me.

Back