Hot Toys Two-Face???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong here, I loved Gordon as a character but
I don't think I'd want a figure of him.
That's just me.

Agreed.

I don't think anyone here has to worry about HT doing a Gordon figure. I don't see it being a big seller except to the die-hards around here. I also don't see it selling well in Asia.

Well, I hate to say it, but I think Two-Face may be the last for now. Someone mentioned to me once that they caught HT saying they had 5 figures planned for the line, Two-Face would be the fifth and all signs show things slowing down.

I think so too. Hopefully they'll get back to some other lines -- POTC, ALIEN, Predator....

Well Hot Toys did make the Chainsaw Killer from RE4. I'm sure there are more people out there who would buy a Gordon compared to the Chainsaw Killer. Throw in the Bat-Signal and it'll sell.

Well Hot Toys did make the Chainsaw Killer from RE4. I'm sure there are more people out there who would buy a Gordon compared with the Chainsaw Killer.

"Monsters" sell better than plain humans.

Ousitde of this board and a few others, I don't think there's much of a market for a $145 Oldman.

"Monsters" sell better than plain humans.

Ousitde of this board and a few others, I don't think there's much of a marker for a $145 Oldman.

Usually that would be true. But you gotta consider the fanbase too. The Batman fanbase is much bigger than the RE4 fanbase.

Ousitde of this board and a few others, I don't think there's much of a market for a $145 Oldman.

I haven't purchased a Hot Toys figure that I thought wasn't worth the money I paid for it whether it was $80 or $150.

If they made a Gordon and sold it for $140-ish, I'm sure they'd include accessories that make the price worth it. I mean, they sold Cannibal Jack Sparrow (a second release of the same character) at around that price point and gave him a butt-load of extras.

I'd happily pay that much for a Commissioner Gordon. That's just me though.

Usually that would be true. But you gotta consider the fanbase too. The Batman fanbase is much bigger than the RE4 fanbase.

Of course, I agree. But I'm not sure that fan base is interested in Gordon at HT prices. I don't think HT wants to back-peddle to the $80 figure either. I think they like the price point they set and will do characters that they can justify at that price.

I know there's a lot of Gordon fans here so I don't want to box myself into a corner, I'm just sayin' :)

Of course, I agree. But I'm not sure that fan base is interested in Gordon at HT prices. I don't think HT wants to back-peddle to the $80 figure either. I think they like the price point they set and will do characters that they can justify at that price.

I know there's a lot of Gordon fans here so I don't want to box myself into a corner, I'm just sayin' :)

My thoughts exactly, well said.

If HT nailed the sculpt on Gordon and it had well done clothes like Joker then I wouldn't have any problem paying $150 for it.

In my opinion if there is a market for Superman's Jor-El and 24's David Palmer there is a market for TDK's Gordon even at HT prices. As long as they get a good sculpt of Gary Oldman, throw in the right accessories (Bat-Signal, evidence bag with Joker card...), and not mass produce it I don't see it sitting on shelves. Jor-El retailed for about $120-$130 I believe and David Palmer will be $150 (limited to 1000 figures). Keep in mind that collectors in Asia are also paying way less for TDK figures (I got Joker and Batman for US$115).

11071221874925_180.jpg

24_preview21.jpg

Jor-El retailed at Toys2 for $100 plus was only second to Superman of a 2 figure line. Low selection resulted in collectors buying them both.

true but its all about profitability and im sure there are more profitable products than Gordon that Hot Toys can make right now, personally, i would like them to bring out some more Video Game Master Piece lines or expand their Movie Master Piece line to other titles. im not a fan of wanting them to redo some of medicom's botched up lines as I want more variety in the 1/6 market.

Jor-El retailed at Toys2 for $100 plus was only second to Superman of a 2 figure line. Low selection resulted in collectors buying them both.

It was actually the 4th figure. And do you mean the only reason Jor-El sold was because Superman fans had nothing else to buy so they snatched him up along with Superman? I don't quite agree with that logic.

I'm not saying that Hot Toys will give us a Gordon figure but that the potential is there if they give him a good sculpt and the right accessories.

I do see your points however otherwise Hot Toys would probably have given Superman fans a Lex Luthor figure by now.

I do see your points however otherwise Hot Toys would probably have given Superman fans a Lex Luthor figure by now.

Unfortunately HT has a bad track record for completing lines.

Have they yet completed a line with all the central characters?

For TDK, with 2x Batman, 2x Joker and a Two-Face, plus Batmobile and BatPod, it will be one of their more complete lines.

Wor-Gar's right. Unless a line features Predators in it, Hot Toys looses interest easily.

I agree a working batsignal would make the Gordon figure more appealing, and I would probably buy it, but I believe Hot Toys does their research and would rather spend their time on a sure sell.

Well there's always Bruce Wayne, but they're probably waiting to do a 2-in-1 reissue in 12-16 months.

I just want Gary Oldman, you know, the bad guy from Leon, Hannibal and Dracula, that guy with as much charisma as Solid Snake and The Boss, just can´t help but like Gary Oldman.
COME ON, give us Gordon god damnit. What are they doing? Deciding whether to name him Lt. Gordon or Srgt.Gordon or Comissoner Gordon?:emperor

I just want Gary Oldman, you know, the bad guy from Leon, Hannibal and Dracula, that guy with as much charisma as Solid Snake and The Boss, just can´t help but like Gary Oldman.
COME ON, give us Gordon god damnit. What are they doing? Deciding whether to name him Lt. Gordon or Srgt.Gordon or Comissoner Gordon?:emperor

I give you Lt./Srgt./Commisioner Gordon in his younger days :lol

GaryOldman29.jpg

Back