How do you rank the Terminator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Terminator

• Terminator

Votes: 214 39.5%
  • T2

Votes: 302 55.7%
  • T3

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • TS

Votes: 18 3.3%

• Total voters
Sam was great as Marcus, but I couldn't imagine Russell in that role at all.

Watched T4 again tonight. If I've ever called it crap I was mistaken. I don't think I ever did, I think the worst I said was that its OKish. But anyway, on tonights viewing I think its reasonably good, an enjoyable watch and listen.

Its easier to make points of the things I don't like, everything else I think was very good especially the first half hour or so.

So here goes the not so good:

-How does Skynet know about Kyle Reese?
-If he's on their 'hitlist' why don't they just kill him as soon as they find him?
-Why does Skynet enable Marcus Wright to have the ability to choose sides and thus turn against it? It makes no sense.
-Wouldn't it have been a better idea to have Marcus actually kill John Connor as soon as he found him? Why does a machine intelligence think it a better idea to lure Connor back to a central hub of Skynets operations where a heck of a lot of things could and did go wrong?
-John Connor, believing that Marcus is a Terminator sent to kill him, for some reason decides to give Marcus key information about his parentage. Not very sensible.
-Why doesn't Marcus react in the least bit surprised when Connor mentions that Kyle Reese, the teenager, is somehow his dad?
-Why does that child keep handing people the exact thing they need at exactly the right time?
-a heart transplant performed in an unsealed tent in what looks like desert
-They made the T-800 a little too invincible, unless it now has enhancements previous incarnations didn't.
-Why didn't the T-800 stab Connor or punch through his chest to begin with? I know I know, a poor climactic battle that would make, but unfortunately the throwing him around strategy and dramatic pauses makes no sense for a machine. Imagine if the T-1000 had managed to catch young John Connor and instead of stabbing him in the head he pushes him around and kicks him in the stomach a few times. Couldn't they have found some way to have Connor avoid the T-800's clutches until the very last?

But apart from all that I enjoyed this viewing. Great action sequences, I love the T-600s - the way they look and sound - Bale was fine as Connor, cool outfit too. The opening sequence with those continuous shots was amazing. I liked that they went with Arnie's 1984 haircut on the T-800 reminding of the original bad guy T-800. I like Marcus despite the stuff mentioned above and his was a cool outfit too. Most of all I like that there was no stupid, self-parodying humour making a mockery of these films. That $h!t didn't belong outside of something like the MTV movie awards.

T4 gets by because it tried to do something different. T3 just copied T2 and took the p!$$ out of it at the same time. Thats not a good thing.

I don't get it.
T1 is about a futuristic robot guy trying to kill Sarah, there are guns, explosions, etc.. T2 was pretty much the same, but with two robots, and John is the target.. How different was T3 supposed to be?

I just enjoy T3. Action scenes were great, designs were great, story was great, actors were great.. It has a very nice atmosphere.

TS had to try something different, it was after Terminators had pretty much wiped out the Human race...
I like TS, but out of all of them, TS is the least enjoyable imo.

But, whateverrrr....

Glad that the haters have laid off TS and T3, though. You couldn't even mention T3 without peeps feeling the need to tell you how much they hated it for a while around here. Horses for courses, I guess.

Back