HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
_ZaiJO5_utQ.sN0s8LvMsQ.jpg

6gBHoz5RsvhQ5rO3Iyc1OA.jpg

tXunYbngqlpcCWwckMUIxQ.jpg

6eGudlgXyDAtfknak6qDtQ.jpg

gotcha.....those are actually the best ones I've seen so far. I love OMG's quality of pics but his Indy pics didn't sell me. Melon's pics of Indy were even worse. Tin's pics are shopped. But those are the best so far.

Please stop comparing the HT sculpt to the PF and please don't jugde Trevor'sIndy sculpt with the crappy paint. Out of thebox, Hot Toys is better But if you spend about $140 on the new body, Paint job and a new rig, It beats the hell out of HT. It's cheaper and to most better. Just my opinion.

I think the PERS discussion is a valid one and the only thing that can move forward here. PERS is made for folks who like to constantly pose and photograph their figures. I'm not sure it really appeals to many in the hobby. And the potential downside is too risky, IMHO.

The PERS does look great in figures that naturally have black around the eyes like the Ledger Joker, 89 Bats etc. However it did come out great with Bruce Lee, perhaps the face thickness was a little less.

I wonder if the eyes can be pushed out closer to the sculpt to lessen the shadow effect?

Can the whole PERS eye mechanism be removed? If so, then I can see someone shaving away some of the area in the head to make the eyes closer getting rid of the Raccoon effect under certain lighting conditions.

If you say to most better, then you are not just stating your opinion.

His opinion is that its better to most.

6eGudlgXyDAtfknak6qDtQ.jpg

Is this the lighting that is making him look tanned?

Last edited:
Please stop comparing the HT sculpt to the PF and please don't jugde Trevor'sIndy sculpt with the crappy paint. Out of thebox, Hot Toys is better But if you spend about $140 on the new body, Paint job and a new rig, It beats the hell out of HT. It's cheaper and to most better. Just my opinion.

...sounds to me like a LOT MORE work and stress as well.

Figuremaniac has constantly showed this figure with the same awful lighting effect. It's nearly every picture with the eye liner that has come from this source, even camera phone pictures look better than awful examples they keep dishing out. Even the Sideshow Indy looks worse in their pictures than it does in hand
Yeah, even the Sideshow Indy doesn't look that bad in person. Not good pics.
Guuuuuuuuuuuys! Look you just act silly now. Good figure looks good on any kind of photo while the bad one would only on the professional photography with high-quality light and realistic pose. Simple like a sandwich and do not require any arguments and yet someone tryin' to prove otherwise. If you like this it's OK but don't raise this beyond reality.

Guuuuuuuuuuuys! Look you just act silly now. Good figure looks good on any kind of photo while the bad one would only on the professional photography with high-quality light and realistic pose. Simple like a sandwich and do not require any arguments and yet someone tryin' to prove otherwise.

Are you implying the SS is a good figure in every photo? Cause I dont see it. :dunno

If I read correctly we are comparing a 1/4 sculpt to a 1/6 sculpt?

I thought SS had a 1/6th sculpt that was better. My bad. I can understand why a larger scale would look better than smaller scale. I don't understand then why that comparison is being made. I am so confused :)

My bad. I was trying to be diplomatic to what I thought was a posting of a SS 1/6 repainted jones. If this is what most are referring to as the holy grail of HF head sculpts... .?! Sorry but again IMO HT even has this beat.

Guuuuuuuuuuuys! Look you just act silly now. Good figure looks good on any kind of photo while the bad one would only on the professional photography with high-quality light and realistic pose. Simple like a sandwich and do not require any arguments and yet someone tryin' to prove otherwise. If you like this it's OK but don't raise this beyond reality.

What about all those photos of Alice (Milla) before she can out. You saying those looked good?

Last edited:
I think the SS Indy sculpt is good, but that paint on the out of box figure is horrible. I have not had mine repainted. I am getting the HT's one and out of the box I think it is better. I don't want to spend the money on a repaint of the SS one, but I am not getting rid of it either.

Just my thoughts. This picture doesn't look bad, it has an Indy feel or overall presentation. That said, no way would I pay $50 - $150 for the paint app on that figure. IMO still looks bad almost like a porcelain doll. If customizers could duplicate HT paint scheme then I'd talk about a custom.

Back