HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daily contribution, I am really digging all the new pics by the way... Awesome guys keep em coming!

100_3473.jpg

100_3472.jpg

100_3474.jpg

100_3471.jpg

again this is such a cool figure. :gun

wow after seeing those thinking about ordering one wtf

As long as it does not loose it value and go for peanuts later!

Well no one can guarantee that. It might very well be less, even under $200, by March... that is IF there's any left.

It's possible HT made a very low supply of this figure because of all the negative press. Now alot of people seem to be rather happy with it, so sales are improving. Thus, at some point maybe the demand will be more than the supply.

Then there's Indy 2.0 or ToD Indy to worry about.

If you don't really get a good vibe on this, let it go. If it excites you, then get it. If you're looking not to lose money on a figure, this is too big a gamble.

Non-DX (cheaper... :pray::pray::pray:) TOD Indy in six months for the paupers among us! Shouldn't affect Classic ROTLA Indy DX in the long haul either.

Sure it will. It will have everything this one has outfit-wise PLUS a better head sculpt AND the ripped shirt.

We will all be like the guys who got the one-and-only Mark I and were so happy...for awhile.

Well no one can guarantee that. It might very well be less, even under $200, by March... that is IF there's any left.

It's possible HT made a very low supply of this figure because of all the negative press. Now alot of people seem to be rather happy with it, so sales are improving. Thus, at some point maybe the demand will be more than the supply.

Then there's Indy 2.0 or ToD Indy to worry about.

If you don't really get a good vibe on this, let it go. If it excites you, then get it. If you're looking not to lose money on a figure, this is too big a gamble.

Thanks for the answer. I think I will wait and spend my money on Superman.

ToD won't have the items that make this figure exclusive to raiders though. As long as this is the only figure HT releases that is exclusive to Raiders then this release should be fine. That's where the collectors item part comes into play. Personally though all that other stuff will stay in the box. Might pose him with the idol?

Sure it will. It will have everything this one has outfit-wise PLUS a better head sculpt AND the ripped shirt.

We will all be like the guys who got the one-and-only Mark I and were so happy...for awhile.

Maybe but if the HS is that much better.. Just buy that? For me personally ToD doesnt hold the imagery that Raiders does. So I probably wouldn't pose him with his ripped shirt. Now again it really has to do with price. If they make a non DX ToD for under $200, like say captain America price I might jump on the whole figure. I don't know if Thats possible though?

Also once I have this figure in hand and it's as good as we are hearing, I might just be content with this Indy on my self.

:lol It's so stupid looking, it makes me laugh. What's with the red nose? is he drunk? Or is it filled with blood?

if they are going strict scene-specific, no leather jacket

Indy's in his jacket for the better part of ToD, so the jacket will be included. They'd never leave that out. That would be the two options: regular Indy and torn-shirt Indy.

Should I pull the trigger is it worth the money?

These are my opinions.....

Should you pull the trigger?
Thats up to you.

Is it worth the money?
It depends. I agree that there is a lot in the set that gives it a good value. BUT, the most important part of the figure, the likness, is clearly off. To me its a no buy. Youll either have to replacce the sculpt with a custom one that can run you from $50 to $175. If your happy with the sculpt, good for you.

I believe that the likness is off on purpose. Its a businesss tactic. Theyre pulling a Joker and will release later Indy versions that peeps will pick up for the various loose parts. I bet if theres a TOD Indy in a few months, the likness will be amazing and peeps will put this sculpt aside (just like Joker V1.0) and buy the newer Jones for the sculpt.

I love the Indy movies so much that is why I am torn and for the fact that Supes is probably the only figure I will be getting the rest of the year, pred and jack are looking slim for this year.

Back