HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_0009.jpg

This is by far the best picture of Indy properly holding the coiled whip that I have seen so far! I still think I'm going to upgrade to a Strain whip, but this whip looks better than my first impression.

5284f82b-fdcb-41ac.jpg

I was going to post pics of my custom John Matrix commando toget some feedback but when I looked back at the pic he looked crap compared to in-hand so I didn't bother. The right choice by the looks of it with the grief some of these pics are getting which in my opinion are great. Much better that the earlier stuff we got but it proved to me that you don't know what to expect until you can feel it!

Also I do a lot illustration work and people ask why I don't have my own work on display and its because even though at the time I think yes I've nailed that likeness or whatever I'll always see something a little while after and think wished I'd done that differently and maybe it's the same ins three dimensional level or the fact this is all very subjective!!!

A lot of these in hand ones are looking great!!!

Glad that you guys got the good casting.

Also, apparently I exceeded by bandwidth on Photobucket, so here are yesterdays comparison shots if anyone needs them:

photo96x.jpg

photo97.jpg

photo107fp.jpg

photo109yh.jpg

photo110h.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow....Don't think I can swing that. I was just hoping to remove the paint if possible.

The black you see around the eyes in many of the pictures is created by shadows since the eyes are deeper in the socket than they probably should be because of the PERS. PERS is the mechanical eyes which are movable that Hot Toys invented.

The black you see around the eyes in many of the pictures is created by shadows since the eyes are deeper in the socket than they probably should be because of the PERS. PERS is the mechanical eyes which are movable that Hot Toys invented.

So... to do this mod you must left Indi without PERS???? I dont see what he do in those pics :(

They are probably counterfeit heads... The Hot Toys PERS mechanism isn't white... :lol

IndianaJones06.jpg

Checking mine out further....another issue is the skin color. Its really dark and grey toned. Is everybody else's like that? Or is there variation?

Are many people buying 2 figures to display bothe outfits? I've got the map room on PO....I'm thinking about it.
Am I :cuckoo:

All you need to do is buy an Indy head and put it on any similar sized bodytype, cover it with the robe you already have (use cotton for filler) and use the extra hands you get since 95% of the body is covered (also buy the bag) and you have yourself another Indy without having to shell out another $250 or so.

indiana-jones-city-of-tanis-map-room-12-inch-figur.jpg

I've got the Map Room environment on pre-order & cant wait. I was just planning to put the Map Room outfit on my Sideshow figure. I imagine it'll at least partially cover the mannequin-like head. Or I may just buy a loose HT Indy head from TA or off eBay and put it on a TT body. But I doubt I'll buy a second HT figure set. Hard to justify that.

All you need to do is buy an Indy head and put it on any similar sized bodytype, cover it with the robe you already have (use cotton for filler) and use the extra hands you get since 95% of the body is covered (also buy the bag) and you have yourself another Indy without having to shell out another $250 or so.

Don't forget pants/boots, otherwise Indy will look like he just got out of the shower...

Back