HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you trying to say....sailor?

IMGP9921.JPG

Beyond!

This head sculpt has done my head in; I've never seen such a variance in portraits - one minute it looks fantastic, the next it look like a full blown drag queen at mardi gras?:cuckoo:

There's more photos where he looks like a soft gay-boy than a rugged swashbuckler; maybe bad lighting or simply bad stances people have him in.

The head tilting is particularly bad!

Just got the figure in. My honest assessment below with some cell phone pics. Straight out of the box with just a little jacket futzing.

This figure really does look like Ford from some angles and then not even in the ballpark from most other angles. It really is bizarre in hand and I'm not entirely certain that you don't end up justifying some likeness in the end. This figure is all about presentation though and everything from the box and accessories are all top notch. I've owned just about every 12'' Indiana Jones that's been made and a lot of custom Indiana's as well. I would without a doubt say that out of the box this is by far the best available (despite likeness issues). The tailoring is actually pretty close to Kato's custom gear that I have. I would say that overall this is probably the weakest Hot Toys figure I own from a likeness perspective and in the end I'm not sure I will end up keeping it because you really do feel like you're compromising a bit when you really focus on the face from most angles. Overall, and as I'm sure most expected, this figure is a big mixed bag.

These are the photos and angle/s I think capture Harrison Ford when looking at the figure in hand.

From the side this is the ugliest figure I've ever owned. I mean, absolutely hideous. It's beyond awkward the way the head meets the neck and the gap between the chin and neck is absurd. I would definitely recommend displaying this where only the front can be seen. No detolf for this guy.

Thank you for the honest review. Most people that get bad figures will just try and justify their purchase. It's nice to get an honest opinion.

:goodpost: There are too many people that want to make this a Yaysayer vs. Naysayers, and that's just not the case. Some of us will buy it for what it is, the best Indy available at the moment. As Wofford says, "It's presentation just feels special and there was so much unknown about this damn thing going into actually seeing it yourself." The name of the thread is, Re: HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images. And that's what should be getting post and how those that have it in hand feel about it. All the photo shopping and judging on photos only was already done in the closed thread. Time to move on and start sharing in hand experience's. People saying this isn't worth the price forget you get more then just a figure. There is a heck of a lot of extras that by themselves will cost you a pretty penny. Just because you many like this, doesn't mean you think it's perfect. But until something better comes, it will have to do.

You sound like you work for Hot Toys. First of all, every person judging this piece from the people who are simply curious, to those who pre-ordered, who have their pieces, and to those who canceled them all have their place in this thread. Everyone's opinions are and should be welcomed as long as they don't belittle or bully others opinions.

Clearly this piece is not making everyone happy. We have reviews now on both sides of the isle. Most of the reviews have so far been mostly positive. However you cannot ignore that many reviews have also not fully liked the head sculpt as well. Both types of reviews are valid and they are opinions worth reading. I personally have seen two of these in person and my opinion is that all the accessories and look of the piece as a whole is positive, with my only negative being the head sculpt at certain angles. It is important for everyone's opinion and experience with this piece be a part of this thread, good or bad.

What there should be perhaps is someone who is willing to post links to all the reviews in the first post of this thread or another thread to make it easier for people to read them. Most people are not going to go back and read this whole thread to find any reviews that occurred more than 5 pages ago. Certain reviews are kept alive because they get quoted over and over and commented on. The same with certain groups of pictures, good or bad.

So my main point is that this has become a controversial figure in many ways. All comments are welcome and should be continued to be allowed as long as they don't belittle or bully anyone. If you're one of those people that only wants to see positive reviews or comments that are always praising this piece, then this forum is not for you.

So far we have seen variant sculpts with side by sides. That is a problem that Hot Toys has yet to acknowledge. My guess is as more pictures and reviews get posted, we'll get a better idea how small or large the problem is. It could very well be a small batch from the early molds.

There was also someone who posted in another thread and quoted in here mentioning that because of all the cancellations of this figure, many private store sellers aren't going to order as many allocations from Hot Toys for pre-order. I know nothing about this however it interests me since I was one of those who canceled. I like the pre-ordering system that many shops have, and hope this doesn't change things too drastically. However Hot Toys in my opinion does need to handle criticism of prototypes in a better manner in the future and listen to us more to avoid these problems. Because I feel that with some very minor and easy changes to the prototype sculpt, this could have been a great great piece and instead it is a mixed bag.

honestly, I don't think many of us read anything longer than 3-4 lines...you guys gotta make arguments shorter. I'm here to see some pictures and there is so much arguing going on lol.

edit: lol, darkseed said it more straightfoward then I did.

I just want to see more pictures of him looking wacky. :lol

Can someone post a naked picture of him, but with his legs crossed, wearing black socks and his hat, holding his whip.

Thank you

Back